Anyone for random non-sex (but occasionally sex) chat on the thread here?

Morning Court, hope everyone is well
Today/ this week, I ask you eloquent courtiers to provide some advice in something you’re expert in for us all
Don’t underestimate yourself, you’re probably expert in tens of areas
And feel free to share advice even if it’s of tangential relevance, sometimes it can be satisfying to learn about something very random
This isn't so much "expertise" but more of a handy "hack."

Have you ever had to repair PVC piping (such as changing a supply valve to your sink etc) and couldn't get the water to stop dripping, to make a good glue joint?

If so, pull a chunk of cheap, store bought white bread from the center of the slice, roll it tightly into a ball, shove it into the end of the piping, quickly dry it, glue it, and make your repair.
When the water pressure is restored, it'll soften the bread and push it through with no problem....
I was 50 before I was shown this trick and wish I'd learned it while in my teens.

Morning Court, hope everyone is well
Today/ this week, I ask you eloquent courtiers to provide some advice in something you’re expert in for us all
Don’t underestimate yourself, you’re probably expert in tens of areas
And feel free to share advice even if it’s of tangential relevance, sometimes it can be satisfying to learn about something very random
It may not be expert advice, but I have learned through experience that one should always be wearing clean underwear when going to see the doctor.

It may not be expert advice, but I have learned through experience that one should always be wearing clean underwear when going to see the doctor.
Or no underwear at all...
Funny story...
The boat company sent me in for a physical and it didn't cross my mind to go put on underwear, as I'd never stripped for a DOT Physical...
They gave me a gown to put on, told me to lay on the exam table and the Dr would be in soon...
The Dr and nurse came in and the Dr grabbed the gown, flipped it up, jumped back and with a thick Cajun accent, exclaimed "No draaaws!!!"
Me... "No, Doc, no drawers."
The nurse's expression was comical.

Have you ever had to repair PVC piping (such as changing a supply valve to your sink etc) and couldn't get the water to stop dripping, to make a good glue joint?

If so, pull a chunk of cheap, store bought white bread from the center of the slice, roll it tightly into a ball, shove it into the end of the piping, quickly dry it, glue it, and make your repair.
When the water pressure is restored, it'll soften the bread and push it through with no problem....
I was 50 before I was shown this trick and wish I'd learned it while in my teens.
I fear ever having to do that, but am very impressed, resourceful FeatherOilHangman

Another plumbing related piece of advice: if, like me, you don't know wtf you're doing don't try to replace a shower regulator valve. Just call a plumber.

Back