Anyone for random non-sex (but occasionally sex) chat on the thread here?

Good morning all!

I'm a bit late on yesterday's task regarding "expertise" as I don't really consider any of mine to have many "real world applications" for most people, as it's basically all industrial "gear head" stuff... I'm "solution oriented."

According to the labor statistics I've seen, out of 330 million Americans, 12,400 hold an engine room license... do the % math on that. Lol
Does it make me special?.... NOT ONE BIT!
I'm just a tiny little cog in the wheel, making a living, helping to keep gas at the pumps and the lights on.... I usually refer to myself as an "oilfield prostitute" when people ask what I do.

Back to being solution oriented... While in the Arctic Circle, the keel cooler (a radiator/heat exchanger underneath the boat, 45 feet away from the engine) to my center generator froze up due to a failed jacket water heater.
I'd requested spare parts for the JW heaters and was denied because "The heaters are brand new."
I'd requested a couple drums of glycol (antifreeze) and was denied because "It's summertime up there Boo."

So, how to address the issue?
I knew there had to be pressure testing ports for the cooling system, so I popped a hatch cover to a void tank, did a bootleg confined space entry, tapped into the system with fittings, hoses, and an auxiliary pump, connected to the generator engine. To deliver heat closer to the frozen blockage,
I would run the engine and let it overheat to 205 F.
then circulate the hot water, transferring heat to the problem area... Rinse and repeat... I did this around the clock for a day and a half, thawing the system an hour before it was needed for service at the drilling rig.
Boring, mundane story... but welcome to a day in the life of Boattrash! Lol

Back