Anyone from the UK?

Sunny later I gather.
We bugged out on a bbq last night: multiple reasons but mostly because I dislike events where we only know the host. Makes me feel like awkward wadding.
It’s meant to be cloudy where I am, but also warm so that’s ok for me.

I know what you mean about going somewhere where you not know the hosts, even worse if you go to those places alone and aren’t of the nature where you’ll start openly chatting to randoms 🙄😂

It’s meant to be cloudy where I am, but also warm so that’s ok for me.

I know what you mean about going somewhere where you not know the hosts, even worse if you go to those places alone and aren’t of the nature where you’ll start openly chatting to randoms 🙄😂
Oh, I drove four hours to north Wales to spend 45mins at a party. I only went out of obligation to the host but ended up cornered by three ( delightful ) 70 yr olds from a Welsh book club, then a couple who were enthusiastic owners of a narrow boat.

Oh, I drove four hours to north Wales to spend 45mins at a party. I only went out of obligation to the host but ended up cornered by three ( delightful ) 70 yr olds from a Welsh book club, then a couple who were enthusiastic owners of a narrow boat.
You had all that interesting chat and only lasted 45 minutes, I’m shocked 😂 if it’s for a party where you know the host will get totally drunk you can always say you were there, comment how wasted they were but know that you didn’t even need to leave your own house to go 😂

Was you expecting anything different from the party though? Or did you kinda assume it would go that way?

You had all that interesting chat and only lasted 45 minutes, I’m shocked 😂 if it’s for a party where you know the host will get totally drunk you can always say you were there, comment how wasted they were but know that you didn’t even need to leave your own house to go 😂

Was you expecting anything different from the party though? Or did you kinda assume it would go that way?
It was quite a formal / informal party, but I wasn't sure what to expect. I think my common sense was blinded by friendship & obligation. I stayed in a Airb&b and made it back to the end of the film I'd been watching :LOL:

Reasons to hate such parties
  • the chatter approaches medically dangerous volume
  • people only want to talk about themselves
  • you stand like a nodding idiot not hearing half of what's being said anyway
  • the wine is cheap and warm
  • the line of sweat on someone's temple and the bloke with sweaty shoulders.... general sweatiness
  • who booked a folk band ffs?

It was quite a formal / informal party, but I wasn't sure what to expect. I think my common sense was blinded by friendship & obligation. I stayed in a Airb&b and made it back to the end of the film I'd been watching :LOL:

Reasons to hate such parties
  • the chatter approaches medically dangerous volume
  • people only want to talk about themselves
  • you stand like a nodding idiot not hearing half of what's being said anyway
  • the wine is cheap and warm
  • the line of sweat on someone's temple and the bloke with sweaty shoulders.... general sweatiness
  • who booked a folk band ffs?
Ha ha, thankfully I prefer talking about the other so that helps me, I totally agree about the nodding bit (throwing in the occasional laugh and hoping it was at the right time), I’m very picky on what I drink and that makes it even worse, and yes, who the hell wants folk music 😂

I love that you made it back before the film had even finished 😂

You should of just showed your face at the party enough that they knew you were there, and then you and your partner should of headed off out somewhere else on your own and at least made a weekend out of the trip 😏

Please explain this to the toddler in the house.

Also don't forget the coffee either.
Maybe try putting their favourite film on, giving them some sweets and that’ll give you a few hours to rest 😂 (as you can probably tell, I don’t have kids 😂)

Back