Anyone from the UK?

The scandals are terrific (makes today’s film stars seem tame!). I love this little tidbit (from IMDb) about one of my favourite actresses:

“Allegedly, during the opening night party for their Broadway run of 'The Cocoanuts', Groucho informed Chico that Tallulah Bankhead had just walked into the room and wanted to meet him. Chico strode up to Bankhead and introduced himself with, "Miss Bankhead, I would like to fuck you". Bankhead laughed and replied "So you shall darling, so you shall". The story has since become a part of show business lore.“
Harpo Speaks is a great autobiography and worth a read even if you know nothing about the Marx Brothers. It's a fascinating look at late 19th Century New York and how a family of immigrants became showbusiness royalty with some amazing twists on the way.

Harpo Speaks is a great autobiography and worth a read even if you know nothing about the Marx Brothers. It's a fascinating look at late 19th Century New York and how a family of immigrants became showbusiness royalty with some amazing twists on the way.
You can tell I know nothing about this subject because I was thinking Karl Marx wasn't American.
Maybe I need more coffee 🫣😂

Zeppo Marx was the real inventor of the family. He invented a watch that could monitor the pulse rate in cardiac patients (the original Fitbit if you will) and his company invented a clamping device that was used in the bombers that dropped the first atom bomb on Hiroshima.

Zeppo Marx was the real inventor of the family. He invented a watch that could monitor the pulse rate in cardiac patients (the original Fitbit if you will) and his company invented a clamping device that was used in the bombers that dropped the first atom bomb on Hiroshima.

"Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"

Back