Anyone from the UK?

My two have flown the nest. Food and energy bills at least halved! Miss 'em though and love it when they visit....as long as it's not for too long :)
One of my two is a sports scientist. When he was in his teens I could not physically nor financially buy enough milk nor bread.

Busy day... mountian stage of la Vuelta. Para track cycling - although it's a shame they don't have the tandem sprints at the games, they were amazing at the Worlds last year in Glasgow.

Yeah I moved for uni and never went back whereas my sister moved back home afterwards and still lives in the same town now.
I love my parents but they don't see me as an adult even now

I think my Mum suffered empty nest syndrome, but after intense counselling and therapy, made a remarkable recovery after 24 hours.
I miss both of mine since they moved out. They both visit and I try to visit them. They'll never move back, though their bedrooms are here waiting for them.

We were a tight family, three girls against the world!

My eldest lives in north and my youngest has moved to my partners old flat with her girlfriend and their baby.

I miss both of mine since they moved out. They both visit and I try to visit them. They'll never move back, though their bedrooms are here waiting for them.

We were a tight family, three girls against the world!

My eldest lives in north and my youngest has moved to my partners old flat with her girlfriend and their baby.
That's nice. We're a team of three girls as well... Mum's given up on the idea of grandchildren but we've embraced our single cat-women personas!

Yeah, they never had men around, so it was always just us. I had to do both jobs, it was tough being young myself too. I had to be careful that we weren't all sisters or BFFs, lol. But, I'm proud of them.

Back