Average Time To Publish?

I have had a story that has been sitting as pending for weeks. I even deleted and submitted again. Nothing.

I have had a story that has been sitting as pending for weeks. I even deleted and submitted again. Nothing.
Resubmitting only puts you at the back of the line again. Send a message to Laurel and POLITELY inquire about it. You probably won't hear back unless it's with a rejection. Otherwise, and hopefully, it will publish.

Hi, dear authors

My story (part of a serie) has been pending for 15 days now. I've already published other works that at max took them 4 days to be on. I've tried all the advices that I've seen here, but nothing.

Do any of you knows if such a long pending time is now normal?

Hi, dear authors

My story (part of a serie) has been pending for 15 days now. I've already published other works that at max took them 4 days to be on. I've tried all the advices that I've seen here, but nothing.

Do any of you knows if such a long pending time is now normal?
By all the advice, presumably you mean "not editing/retracting your story" and "sending a polite PM to Laurel"? Those are the biggies.

There's also a contest on at the moment (Halloween), and contest stories have priority.

Besides PMing Laurel, there's not much you can do except keep writing. Perhaps put your series on hold while the latest instalment is pending and write something different. Maybe a short Halloween story?

Good luck!

Resubmitting only puts you at the back of the line again. Send a message to Laurel and POLITELY inquire about it. You probably won't hear back unless it's with a rejection. Otherwise, and hopefully, it will publish.
Thanks. I recently got a rejection notice. I had AI art in it and I had to download my own work from a publishing site that never published because I had destroyed the original. I felt bad for writing it. :)

Back