C.s.i.

Re: Re: C.s.i.

P. B. Walker said:
I don't think many true submissives go to a place like that.
Actually, we talked specifically about prodommes for male subs/bottoms at one of my recent munches, PWB, and it was surprising to me how many men have, indeed, been to a prodomme.

When you think of it logically, it's far easier for women to find some guy to dominate her (whether or not he has a clue what he's doing is irrelevant here) and play kinky tie-me-up-and-spank-me games then it is for a man to find that from some woman he happens to be dating. That flying in the face of social stereotypes is often a bitch.

Anyway, it seems to be WAY more common for men to go to prodommes than for women to go to any kinda sex worker. Again, there's a long history in men paying for sex, and this is just another kind of sex, right? It's far less common for women to pay for sex. Why should we? Y'all will beg us for it. Y'all will buy us dinner and take us to the movies in the hopes of getting some. Why should we pay you for it?
:p

Re: Re: I keep coming back to this thread..

James Blandings said:

The imagery was pretty much the same old whips and chains, but what I thought set this presentation apart was that the Domme character was given a chance to actually explain the appeal of BDSM, and the investigator played by Marg Helgenberger was sympathetic, taking it as a compliment when she was told she'd make a great Domme.

And not just the appeal of BDSM but the very broad range of men/women that visited their establishment. Just blows yer mind... :)

I really liked that "foreplay" between Grisson and the Domme... gotta wonder where that would have led... Would he have submitted to her? or maybe she had a tender non-Domme side that needs a non-assuming, non-judging, intellectual man like Grisson who she can open up and build a lasting bond with. Mmmm the imagination can run wild with it.

PBW "Gawd I should be a screen writer" lol

Re: Re: Re: C.s.i.

cymbidia said:
Actually, we talked specifically about prodommes for male subs/bottoms at one of my recent munches, PWB, and it was surprising to me how many men have, indeed, been to a prodomme.

When you think of it logically, it's far easier for women to find some guy to dominate her (whether or not he has a clue what he's doing is irrelevant here) and play kinky tie-me-up-and-spank-me games then it is for a man to find that from some woman he happens to be dating. That flying in the face of social stereotypes is often a bitch.

Anyway, it seems to be WAY more common for men to go to prodommes than for women to go to any kinda sex worker. Again, there's a long history in men paying for sex, and this is just another kind of sex, right? It's far less common for women to pay for sex. Why should we? Y'all will beg us for it. Y'all will buy us dinner and take us to the movies in the hopes of getting some. Why should we pay you for it?

Oh, I agree cym that it makes sense for a man to visit such a place. There is the history for it. Many men are turned on by the anonymity (sp?) of it. There's no commitment. It's just cash to them. It's in and out, no hassles. If they are married, there's very little chance of their wifes finding out, which is not so true when a mistresses or lover is involved.

I also think a establishment of male Doms for female subs would just plain go out of business. At least in middle America. I'm sure there are certain cities where such a place would flourish.. although I think they would have to be more broad and full service (i.e., have both Dommes/Doms as well as male and female subs). I'm sure there some women that would pay for it, but it has to be an incredibly small percentage. :)

So I do agree with everything you said in your post, but that wasn't the initial point I was trying to make. What I was trying to say was that I don't think a male sub that is into 24/7 TPE or just TPE would be happy only going to a ProDomme. I think that kind of sub would search out a fulltime Domme or parttime Domme that they could submit to... as in submit to them only and they work out a contract and are collared, or whatever. I think the majority (I'm generalizing of course) of men that go to ProDommes are the one's who feel BDSM is only a play thing for them. They don't want to answer to a Domme 24/7. They just want to get spanked for an hour or whatever their kink is and then leave. Or they aren't really into BDSM at all, but they have a specific type of kink that can only be fulfilled at this kind of establishment (golden showers, etc.). I'm not saying this to belittle men/women that go to these establishments or work in them. Nor am I saying they aren't worthwhile or don't provide a useful service.

And of course just my opinion and not based on any facts whatsoever. :)

Ciao.

pBw

Re: Re: Re: C.s.i.

No strings. Many men can disassociate sex from love. Some women can and do do that. If they just want to get laid and don't particularly want the hassle of a relationship, women sometimes pay for sex.

Women often miss the point - men who buy dinner, flowers and a movie aren't after just sex, they are after a relationship, with sex most of the time. If we just want sex, there are hookers. It's a lot cheaper than a relationship in the long run.

cymbidia said:
Again, there's a long history in men paying for sex, and this is just another kind of sex, right? It's far less common for women to pay for sex. Why should we? Y'all will beg us for it. Y'all will buy us dinner and take us to the movies in the hopes of getting some. Why should we pay you for it?

I taped this episode, so if anyone wants to see it and didn't get to, let me know.

I kept hearing unspoken conversations throughout every conversation. I think i missed a couple of the "clues" that led to solving the murder because i was hearing something other than what was being said.

Can you make copies? If so, where do I sign up?

morninggirl5 said:
I taped this episode, so if anyone wants to see it and didn't get to, let me know.

I kept hearing unspoken conversations throughout every conversation. I think i missed a couple of the "clues" that led to solving the murder because i was hearing something other than what was being said.

I'm not able to make copies, but i'll be happy to send this one to you. PM me with your info.

I make no promises about the contents of the tape after the episode, though.

Back