Calling for roster members. HELP!

The next week for our recommendations started on the 15th, of course anybody can do them whenever they want but if we're to have a roster it might be best to stick to it.

So far we've got me, Piscator, Lyricalli and ? 29wordforsnow, so I'll do it on the 22nd, and follow on in that order at 7 day intervals ok? 29th October, 5th November, 12th November, 19th November etc. Just a couple of words of appreciation and tell them they've been recommended and a link back to that thread.

So far we've got me, Piscator, Lyricalli and ? 29wordforsnow, so I'll do it on the 22nd, and follow on in that order at 7 day intervals ok? 29th October, 5th November, 12th November, 19th November etc. Just a couple of words of appreciation and tell them they've been recommended and a link back to that thread.

Sounds fine to me. I'll put Nov 5 on my calendar, unless otherwise instructed. :)

Super! Thank you. Having a reliable team makes ploughing through the dross of dirty ditties more acceptable!

If not yet taken, I would like to put my name in for the Day Before Friday 13th.

If not yet taken, I would like to put my name in for the Day Before Friday 13th.

Your name comes after mine on the list, so Thursday the 12th already has your name on it. :)

Just to make things easy, this is what we're looking at right now, unless someone else jumps on the roster:

Oct 22: (this week): Annie
Oct 29: Piscator
Nov 05: Lyricalli
Nov 12: 29wordsforsnow
Nov 19: Annie's up again :)

Nov 26: Piscator
Dec 3: Lyricalli
Dec 10: 29wordsforsnow
Dec 17: Me again.

I hope I've got that right!

Sorry, last week's poems were a bit too many to have it done on time.

But now back to my cookie baking plans...
attachment.php

...because one is not enough

Attachments

• mrs_santa.jpg
    mrs_santa.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Good Lord I ain't doing it two weeks in a row for anybody!

Oh, that sounds like an invitation. May I have the pleasure, please? We're going from soft to hard lockdown soon...so, lots of time on my side...:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, that sounds like an invitation. May I have the pleasure, please? We're going from soft to hard lockdown soon...so, lots of time on my side...:cool:

Does it? Really? You are joking?! No, no, noooooooooo!!
Anyway it's Piscator's turn next, anyone can put in their own recommendations at any time of course, but it's going to get damn confusing if others are coupling up.

Does it? Really? You are joking?! No, no, noooooooooo!!
Anyway it's Piscator's turn next, anyone can put in their own recommendations at any time of course, but it's going to get damn confusing if others are coupling up.

:) So, be it! May the best fisherman commend them poems' souls to us, unworthy mortals that we are, hungry for...

...oh, did I mention that even shaving cream is labeled 'vegan' now, too. Strangely, they don't put a 'don't eat shaving cream' onto that can...:rolleyes:

Dec 24: Piscator
Dec 31: Lyricalli
Jan 7: 29wordsforsnow
Jan 8: Me again.

I thing I'll be travailing/fetivaling the 24th - 28th and not at all sure Lyricalli wnats to review poems on New Year's Day,

May I suggest

Dec 28-20 Piscator
Jan 4-5 Lyricalli

I thing I'll be travailing/fetivaling the 24th - 28th and not at all sure Lyricalli wnats to review poems on New Year's Day,

May I suggest

Dec 28-20 Piscator
Jan 4-5 Lyricalli

Certainly, but it doesn't have to be done on the first day, each has a week to do it.

Dec 28-20 Piscator
Jan 4-5 Lyricalli

I need to apologize to you all. I've been trying to find time to sit and read, but it's been one thing after another the last few days, and I just don't have the mental or emotional energy to give this week. I'll try to be back for my turn next rotation.

I need to apologize to you all. I've been trying to find time to sit and read, but it's been one thing after another the last few days, and I just don't have the mental or emotional energy to give this week. I'll try to be back for my turn next rotation.

Thanks for bringing it up, I'll try to include what's still in the 'new poetry' list.

After hearing about the loss of UnderYourSpell, the driving force behind the roster of recommending new poetry, we put our heads together and came to the conclusion that we all want to continue bringing new poetry to attention and maybe bringing new poets to this board too. We all think this is the best way to honour UnderYourSpell's work and keep her spirit alive.

The current roster is:
Jan 13th: Piscator
Jan 20th: Lyricalli
Jan 27th: 29wordsforsnow

~~

But of course, new members for the roster are highly welcome. The more people, the more variant the recommendations and the less work for each individual member. So, anyone who would like to help: Please, Join In!

Also, if you want to try it first, be welcome for a Guest Recommendation Special. Just tell us here when you would like to step into the ring. We will squeeze you in.

~~

The task at hand is not too difficult:
  1. read through the poems publishes in the last seven days
  2. prepare a post in the Recommendation thread, listing the poem(s) that really stood out for you, give the link and a short line why you would recommend it
  3. add a comment to the poem that it was recommended here in the forum

Back