Calling for roster members. HELP!

After hearing about the loss of UnderYourSpell, the driving force behind the roster of recommending new poetry, we put our heads together and came to the conclusion that we all want to continue bringing new poetry to attention and maybe bringing new poets to this board too. We all think this is the best way to honour UnderYourSpell's work and keep her spirit alive.

The current roster is:
Jan 13th: Piscator
Jan 20th: Lyricalli
Jan 27th: 29wordsforsnow

~~

But of course, new members for the roster are highly welcome. The more people, the more variant the recommendations and the less work for each individual member. So, anyone who would like to help: Please, Join In!

Also, if you want to try it first, be welcome for a Guest Recommendation Special. Just tell us here when you would like to step into the ring. We will squeeze you in.

~~

The task at hand is not too difficult:
  1. read through the poems publishes in the last seven days
  2. prepare a post in the Recommendation thread, listing the poem(s) that really stood out for you, give the link and a short line why you would recommend it
  3. add a comment to the poem that it was recommended here in the forum

I'm glad y'all have decided to keep this going. It's a great way to honor Annie and encourage new folks to be part of the forum. I do want to add that anyone can recommend new poems in that thread at anytime. That has always been the case with new poem recs here. So if anyone is feeling like they can't take on a recurring commitment, they can still feel free to make recommendations if they feel moved to do so.

And thank you all for keeping poetry alive here by doing these recs. I'd join you but I can only access that part of Lit now with my phone in mobile mode. And my own health issues limit my activities here. But I'm always with you all in spirit!

Volunteer

I received a PM inviting me to help with the recommendations. I would be interested in doing so once a month or more. I spend quite a bit of time on Lit anyway. That is if you are still looking for volunteers.

I received a PM inviting me to help with the recommendations. I would be interested in doing so once a month or more. I spend quite a bit of time on Lit anyway. That is if you are still looking for volunteers.

You are always free to add recommendations in the New Poem Recommendations thread, but you can also join our roster if you'd like. If you're on the roster, you'll be assigned a specific week to ensure that recommendations are made at least once a week. Currently, there are just three of us on the roster, so if you'd like to join us, it would be one week a month.

Welcome! :)

You are always free to add recommendations in the New Poem Recommendations thread, but you can also join our roster if you'd like. If you're on the roster, you'll be assigned a specific week to ensure that recommendations are made at least once a week. Currently, there are just three of us on the roster, so if you'd like to join us, it would be one week a month.

Welcome! :)

I would be interested in joining the roster. I have a few questions about the logistics and when my first week would be? PM?

I would be interested in joining the roster. I have a few questions about the logistics and when my first week would be? PM?

Thanks for joining in :heart:
Every helping hand is welcome. The next round of the roster will start next week, so we have some days to discuss who wants the dawn or the dusk of it.

I'll PM you the details.

from Thursday to Sunday?

Following Lyricalli, I will look at New Poetry from 26th till 31st Jan. Which brings me to a proposal I carry around for some weeks: Can we re-set the days of the Recommendation week to Monday through Sunday, instead ending them on Thursdays? I feel that sitting down on a weekend is way more relaxed to see through the poems than on a short evening on a working day.

Can we do this, please?

The roster would look like this:

Piscator - 1st week of February
Lyricalli - 2nd week of February (that will include :rose:Valentine's Day:kiss:, boys and girls :heart: :heart: :heart:)
29wordsforsnow 3rd week of February
MsNatalie99 - 4th week of February

(...and whoever wants to join in as well, can help us with early March! :cattail:)

Following Lyricalli, I will look at New Poetry from 26th till 31st Jan. Which brings me to a proposal I carry around for some weeks: Can we re-set the days of the Recommendation week to Monday through Sunday, instead ending them on Thursdays? I feel that sitting down on a weekend is way more relaxed to see through the poems than on a short evening on a working day.

Can we do this, please?

Lyricalli - 2nd week of February (that will include :rose:Valentine's Day:kiss:, boys and girls :heart: :heart: :heart:)

(...and whoever wants to join in as well, can help us with early March! :cattail:)

I'm good with that if everyone else is.

Can we do this, please?

I'm fine with that :)

Can we do this, please?

I too am good with this.

And a warm welcome to MsNatalie

It's almost March! How'd that happen?

If it's still the four of us, does everyone still want to do the same order?

Piscator - 1st week
Lyricalli - 2nd week
29words - 3rd week
MsNatalie - 4th week (you did great your first week, happy to have you join us!)

Not as easily divided as February, so weeks are closer to 8 days :)

Sound good?

As always, if anyone would like to join our little roster, just let us know and we'll be happy to have you on board.

Thanks Liri - I'm still in and second your gold star for Ms. Natalie

It's almost March! How'd that happen?

If it's still the four of us, does everyone still want to do the same order?

Piscator - 1st week
Lyricalli - 2nd week
29words - 3rd week
MsNatalie - 4th week (you did great your first week, happy to have you join us!)

Not as easily divided as February, so weeks are closer to 8 days :)

Sound good?

As always, if anyone would like to join our little roster, just let us know and we'll be happy to have you on board.

Thanks so much. Happy to help

I'm game for another round.

It's been fun to explore the huge variety of poems published here, and I would like to thank anyone who sits down to be creative and post the result, everyone who takes the time to read through the newly published stuff and puts a recommendation here. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Special thanks to our latest roster member, MsNatalie99, for prolonging the rounds :heart:

Last edited:
Do we know how to proceed?

Maybe have a special edition this week with everybody trying to find one 'Easter egg' they stumble upon, and continue the 'normal' roster next week?

Do we know how to proceed?

Maybe have a special edition this week with everybody trying to find one 'Easter egg' they stumble upon, and continue the 'normal' roster next week?

That sounds fine to me. Nothing wrong with making adjustments when needed :)

Back