Cityscapes

ca17b5bed1963c8ced8a4aa825f3441ebc30caa0.jpg

I'm going to guess Seaside, Florida, a planned community executed by the firm
Duany Plater-Zyberk starting in the mid-1980s, based on the principles of the "New Urbanism" movement.
Today it has over 12,000 residents; it was the location for the 1998 Jim Carrey film,
The Truman Show.

ad6af1aa34cf860be639b7a6733d3d3c92a6497e.jpg

An excellent guess, the architecture fits, Mr. Noone, and I thought it might be possible to identify the address, at least more or less. The windows on the side (square-shaped) of that structure on the roof seem quite special. Then I noticed, between the heads of girls 2-4 from the right, you can see the sea and behind some forrested land, a peninsula, a spit, or this is a bay. That doesn't really match Seaside, Fl., I think. Though your guess might be right anyway, I don't know. :🤨😀

I looked at a map, and it appears I may have been wrong as you suggest. In spite of that, Seaside's influence on architectural styles up and down the cost has been massive over the past forty years or so.

I looked at a map, and it appears I may have been wrong as you suggest. In spite of that, Seaside's influence on architectural styles up and down the cost has been massive over the past forty years or so.
Your initial guess made perfect sense, Mr. Noone, but as you say, nowadays, that kind of architecture can be found in many places along the coast, especially in Florida, though some as far north as Cape Cod... I tried a bit more, but to no avail. It's fun...😉

Back