Cleansing Enemas

NemoAlia said:
Yipes! Those milk enemas sound painful.
Let me just recommend against dairy-based enemas if I can? If only because the evacuation will leave the place smelling for a week or two! :eek:

Guess Pure it comes down to using common sense like in most things...and I did also post a medical based site. Similar in fact to the disclaimers on Lit and similar sites about not taking responsibility for editors being qualified, stories not being necessarily used as examples of real life situations....find it everywhere both in print and electronic form simply because it provides a thin legal safety valve against anyone wanting to go to extremes and then claim millions in compensation by blaming someone else. Fact is, if you went and asked most medical people how to do an enema for erotic play, many are going to tell you to get lost and possibly seek therapy for your obvious (in their opinion) mental problems.

Same goes with sites telling us how to do whipping, needle play, cutting, branding, fire play, etc.....they are guides only, whether you choose to take them as gospel without putting your brain in gear first is not reason enough IMHO to eradicate all information from the public eye. I personally don't even take what medical people say as gospel if I don't see truth in it. For example, I have 2 books I was required to use for university study which are written by highly respected doctors, but say anal sex is a definite no-no and is going to cause anyone who tries it huge medical issues, possibly permanent damage for the rest of their life. Should I believe this to be true just because it is written by someone with a line of letters after their name? Only if it speaks truth to me, which it doesn't. I figure most on Lit have enough logic to apply in the interests of protecting themselves and their partners and are better having a range of information available, than none.

Catalina
18+44.gif

PS. I agree, I wouldn't try the faucet idea either as water pressure can vary and can be dangerous.

Last edited:
Catalina said,

I have 2 books I was required to use for university study which are written by highly respected doctors, but say anal sex is a definite no-no and is going to cause anyone who tries it huge medical issues, possibly permanent damage for the rest of their life.

There are certainly disagreements among drs., and ones who give bad advice. Older medical advice, as possibly is in your books, is often suspect, esp. around taboo topics.

Notwithstanding that, if a website (truthfully) was maintained by a name-identified dr. (i.e., physician, licensed) there is a greater chance s/he's on the level, though modern medicine has its mistakes and prejudices. Maintained sites allow mistakes to be corrected.

One way to safeguard against drs mistakes and prejudices is to talk to several drs., and look at websites connected with university health services, and gay/lesbian oriented health services. In the last case, they would have more experience about anal sex. BUTT: I think it's agreed anal sex, unprotected with a stranger is a FINE way to get something NOT nice, like herpes (ouch!) or AIDS.

I was simply saying that there are tens of thousands of "joe blow" websites with ideas about 'healthy living' or about some crazed program like wheat grass enemas for a few weeks, only consuming grape juice. There are sites where Joe Blow gives the details of his self castration. Each sites MIGHT have a grain of truth (genuine information), but one can't assume anything.

There's a slight better chance with a known organization or a well known physically existing bdsm or 'sex' store. But there's still the Flat Earth Society, I bet, and stores selling potions against the Devil.

I think you will agree Catalina, that this forum ought to encourage the posting of genuine "information" and always keep safety in mind. In the present case here, using kitchen sink cleansing powder [if that's what was meant] in the ass, or harsh/bacteriacidal soaps are NOT good, safe ideas. In most threads a sound consensus emerges; it something's 'off the wall' it's corrected.

J.

------

Catalina in full:
//Guess Pure it comes down to using common sense like in most things...and I did also post a medical based site. Similar in fact to the disclaimers on Lit and similar sites about not taking responsibility for editors being qualified, stories not being necessarily used as examples of real life situations....find it everywhere both in print and electronic form simply because it provides a thin legal safety valve against anyone wanting to go to extremes and then claim millions in compensation by blaming someone else. Fact is, if you went and asked most medical people how to do an enema for erotic play, many are going to tell you to get lost and possibly seek therapy for your obvious (in their opinion) mental problems.

Same goes with sites telling us how to do whipping, needle play, cutting, branding, fire play, etc.....they are guides only, whether you choose to take them as gospel without putting your brain in gear first is not reason enough IMHO to eradicate all information from the public eye. I personally don't even take what medical people say as gospel if I don't see truth in it. For example, I have 2 books I was required to use for university study which are written by highly respected doctors, but say anal sex is a definite no-no and is going to cause anyone who tries it huge medical issues, possibly permanent damage for the rest of their life. Should I believe this to be true just because it is written by someone with a line of letters after their name? Only if it speaks truth to me, which it doesn't. I figure most on Lit have enough logic to apply in the interests of protecting themselves and their partners and are better having a range of information available, than none.

Catalina http://www.flip-logtenberg.net/sex/18+44.gif

PS. I agree, I wouldn't try the faucet idea either as water pressure can vary and can be dangerous.//

Last edited:
i have what may be a silly question but would appreciate any information that anyone has on the subject. i know that some people use coffee for their enemas but would it achieve the same results using tea?

Lass,
My impression is that the effect would not be so strong, with tea. I think tea is less irritating.

Now I suppose you're going to ask about fruit juices and mixed drinks? :)
--------

QUERY:

From the 'albany' website:

Cautions exist for people with heart diseases, cara-related diseases (asthma and such), diabetics, people with epilepsy, any woman during or just after pregnancy and in general for people who are not feeling well.

What does the bolded word mean?

Last edited:
Maybe "cara" is like "carotid" -- having to do with those two big arteries in your neck.

Pure said:
Lass,
My impression is that the effect would not be so strong, with tea. I think tea is less irritating.

--------

QUERY:

From the 'albany' website:

Cautions exist for people with heart diseases, cara-related diseases (asthma and such), diabetics, people with epilepsy, any woman during or just after pregnancy and in general for people who are not feeling well.

What does the bolded word mean?
i would assume cardio...why dont you email them and ask...if its a typo it should be fixed no?

Hi Wolf,

W: //Cara is a general term for several kinds of lung diseases like astma and chronical bronchitis...//

Might I ask for a ref? The prefix is not in my large medical dictionary, nor does any disease or condition begin that way.

It is not listed among standard Greek or Latin medical prefixes, like 'cardio'.

The term is not is Merriam Webster Unabridged (the 8 in thick one). And a search of words with that beginining found no diseases or conditions.

A brief internet search turned up nothing.

Are you having us on?..

;)

At this point I support the 'cardio' hypothesis

Last edited:
Pure said:
Lass,

LOL-no mixed drinks for me. Thanks for the info, Pure! :) Tea was not irritating at all but then i haven't had much experience with enemas. Somehow i think that i'll be experiencing them more in the near future ;)

To Wolf,
Sorry for doubting you. CARA seems to be a European Acronym, and it's explained in clear Dutch in the last posting. Perhaps you will tell us unenlightened and illiterate folks what it says.

H.

http://www.niwi.knaw.nl/nl/oi/producten/discipline_report/rug/rug_pfg1c/toon

Objectives
The Cara centre ( Cara standing for asthma and COPD) consists of the members of the departments of Allergology, Epidemiology and Statistics, Haematology, Pathology, Pharmacochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Paediatric Pulmonology and Pulmonology.

[The following is also enlightening:
What is CARA]

{world's longest url?}

http://fe.lea.lycos.nl/event.ng/Typ...0asthma&Redirect=http://www.gsmweb.nl/telfort

wat zijn Chronische Aspecifieke Respiratoire Aandoeningen? laatste versie:14 april, 2000

C.A.R.A. is een verzamelnaam voor een groep chronische longziekten, die niet scherp is af te bekenen. De belangrijkste CARA-ziekten zijn: chronische bronchitis, astma en emfyseem. Maar ook andere longaandoeningen die gepaard gaan met recidiverende luchtweginfecties kan men onder CARA rangschikken, zoals bronchiëctasieën en stoflongen. Het familiair voorkomen van de aandoening is nogal vaak aantoonbaar. CARA-patiënten hebben in het algemeen de volgende klachten: kortademigheid, piepen, hoesten en opgeven van sputum. Er kunnen acute verergeringen (exacerbaties) optreden.

Pure said:
To Wolf,
Sorry for doubting you. CARA seems to be a European Acronym, and it's explained in clear Dutch in the last posting. Perhaps you will tell us unenlightened and illiterate folks what it says.

H.

http://www.niwi.knaw.nl/nl/oi/producten/discipline_report/rug/rug_pfg1c/toon

Objectives
The Cara centre ( Cara standing for asthma and COPD) consists of the members of the departments of Allergology, Epidemiology and Statistics, Haematology, Pathology, Pharmacochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Paediatric Pulmonology and Pulmonology.

[The following is also enlightening:
What is CARA]

{world's longest url?}

http://fe.lea.lycos.nl/event.ng/Typ...0asthma&Redirect=http://www.gsmweb.nl/telfort

wat zijn Chronische Aspecifieke Respiratoire Aandoeningen? laatste versie:14 april, 2000

C.A.R.A. is een verzamelnaam voor een groep chronische longziekten, die niet scherp is af te bekenen. De belangrijkste CARA-ziekten zijn: chronische bronchitis, astma en emfyseem. Maar ook andere longaandoeningen die gepaard gaan met recidiverende luchtweginfecties kan men onder CARA rangschikken, zoals bronchiëctasieën en stoflongen. Het familiair voorkomen van de aandoening is nogal vaak aantoonbaar. CARA-patiënten hebben in het algemeen de volgende klachten: kortademigheid, piepen, hoesten en opgeven van sputum. Er kunnen acute verergeringen (exacerbaties) optreden.
is that your way of saying...yes wolf you were right..?? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
On Enemas

I use enemas both for play and preparation purposes and for health reasons.

I have a slight problem with IBS. About once a week, I use a water enema to help keep things moving, so to speak.

I enjoy anal play with my husband, so I insist that he clean himself out before that occurs. Warm water works fine for this as well. Depending on how long it has been, it may take several times for him to pass clear water back out. Sometimes I administer it, sometimes not. It depends on how I feel, I suppose.

I have also used enemas in play situations, where the object is to make them hold it. The amount varies from time to time even with the same person. Of course, smaller amounts can be held longer and added to a little at a time.

I always use plain water, I heat it to boiling then let it cool back to 100F (I use a candy thermometer). There are plenty of hooks in our kitchen, and a bathroom is handy.

The height of the bag seems to have less effect on cramps in my experience than the temp of the water. However, the clamp can be loosened and tightened to control the flow rate as well.

Hugs,

Kat

Re: On Enemas

Ms_Kat said:
I have a slight problem with IBS. About once a week, I use a water enema to help keep things moving, so to speak.
Wow, I hadn't considered using enemas to improve my IBS situation! To me it seemed like they were more of an exacerbation of my problem than a solution for it. The cramps that start with an enema (and are quite enjoyable as part of the experience) keep going long after the mood is gone. Bleh. I thought this was my IBS making itself known... maybe it's a sign I should just be more thorough with my enemas?

IBS

Nemo,

IBS is caused (as you probably know) by the muscles of the intestines contracting and refusing to relax. In many cases this causes irregularity in bowel movements because fecal matter cannot move through the bowels. As far as I know, there is no real understanding of why this happens.

I think there is probably going to be a lot of variation between people and what works for me may not work for you. As I stated before, I use plain water that has been boiled to make sure it is not carrying anything (I have well-water, so I worry about that).

If you get a lot of cramping, it may be that the water you are using is not warm enough or that you are using too much. I find that 100F is a good temp for me. Not hot enough to hurt, not cold enough to cause cramps.

Beyond the temp, the speed at which you take the water in also influences how your body responds. Three things effect that: the height of the bag above you, the nozzle you are using, and how far you open the clamp. It's rather easy to adjust the height of the bag and the tightness of the clamp. Most over-the-counter enema kits will have a douche nozzle (a long nozzle with holes in the sides) and an enema nozzle (usually short with an open end). A lot of people use the douche nozzle to administer an enema, which causes the water to spray outward against the sides of the colon. This may increase spasmatic tendencies. It may be worthwhile to use the enema nozzle or to purchase one of a different length and/or size.

There are also some things you can do with the position of your body that makes it easier for the water to flow inward. In general, I've seen a lot of advice that claims laying on your left side helps to get it started. As your colon fills, you can shift so that the water is flowing down-hill as it moves into the upper colon.

I've had an herbalist recommend using weak tea or some light mint to reduce cramping as well, but I've never used either. Mint is supposed to help sooth the smooth muscles of the intestines and the caffeine in the tea is supposed to open the blood vessels. As I've said, I never tried it, so I don't know.

In general, to get a thorough cleaning, you have to take enough water to work its way through the upper colon. However, if you are feeling a little acrobatic, you can position your body so that even small amounts work higher into your colon. This can be as simple as being on your knees with your shoulders to the floor. A warm cloth in the small of the back seems to help me some, as does slowly massaging your belly in a counter-clockwise motion to work the water in and clockwise to help push it out.

You may want to discuss this with a medical professional as well. Take it slow and maybe it will improve.

Hugs,

Kat

Back