Originally Posted by My Erotic Tale
tess

I can only say that over the past year and a half
what has ruined this forum or run poets off the most
has been harsh critisim <facts>
and when anything is said about it
it is said, they were "thin skinned!"
I think we had five this year
that survived the gaunlet of badgering critics.

you can not say it was because a
'back slapping' red neck writes zen poetry

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````

The issues;

Thread bumping,

this is one of the slowest moving forums here, I post every evening and so do others. The threads most active stay active. I will state I did not have a problem 'one' till I got my new computer and write twice as fast and I enjoy MY threads. Rarely bothering others on theres unless a fued is sprout. This thread has gone through what I see here now. A page full of PLAY and no removals, yet I post and get removed five times till I say it right and they except it. When was free speech ruled out? When the new MOD took over.

reform, some are trying to illiminate fun from an amature literary entertainment site. Take a quick look at the general board and then tell me we have a problem here. I have had the fortune to recieve a note from a very wise elder here <thank you> that has shed the light of enlightenment to me.

The main reason I am not liked I am told;

1) is because I do not wish to better my poetry. or no respect for the english language?

(well who said this? Where did this come from, certainly not me. I have said many times that we all want to improve. (this is a thought from a mind trying to figure out why I do not follow their lead?) I have learned from Du Lac (Lit Major) teaches me <ask her> and LeBroz <an excellent online personality with more credentials than I can mention.> (Two out of the five that have stated they have proper literary credentials <grin> I have stated I have learned from wicked. So why do you say I do not want to learn PROPER poetry?) I have several comments from the elders that my poetry is improving (how did that happen?)

I do not ask the other ELDERS and that pisses them off? I don't conform to your style <guess what my poems about> I don't let those critics rearrange my writes? I read a lot of the critic threads to see what is said about what and I see way to much confussion and ego strokers and I can MAKE A LIST as I have before, (another dead poet thread) of those who came saw and ran like hell. So I do not COTTON to people who talk arragant or pompuss and or does nothing but rewrites others but does not write themself. Or display a poem to show by example and when they do <few can read it = example = laurens last poem>

I learn all the time from qualified scholastic credentials so why should I listen to a man who said my poem is crap when I was told is was OKAY by my mentors here.

2) another reason I am not liked, I comment on critics comments. You read all the comments I have commented on and the majority of them will show I only question those critics that seem to have a <lack of a better word> pompuss attitude and commented with a slight rudeness, simple <charactor flawed folks> I try and cushion the blow that critics hammer and leave harsh comments on new poet. Hoping to encourage them to stay and tough it out and they will learn as well as enjoy this forum with all. Not just me and my corner of this board. When I meet a new poet they usually ask, "How did you get where you are in poetry" I most of the time will reply, "I watched and listened and applied from what I have learned HERE AT LITEROTICA" all of you can take that bow!

bottom line is, a person leaves a comment are they not allowed to respond with a comment? Why not? If a person like aunty muse runs around downing people, I for one...will ask him why?

3) last but not least, If 1201 and I debate, why do so many feel the need to spat a verbal assault as well (a free for all yelling match) for some smart folk some aint so smart) to allow the two to work out the difference with out others spilling their hatred and egos as well as joining the bashing scene. Ask Ninja <temple> or Du or RF ...the first thing I ask, let me deal with it, please stay out of it, it will make it worse. I ask folk from my friends to not join in, while most of the elders jump in and hurl their intelligence. <grin> of course when a tiger is in the chicken coop all the chickens squawk. <I know this> That is how it grows and blows out of proportion.

so bottom line, those who do not find favor with me for what ever reason. I am not a monster <grin> I am a tiger that roars when my tale is pulled. I intend to learn and grow and I am currently sitting here, with my first published book in my hands, that is not bad for a red neck with no literary credentials.

Does being published give me credentials or his that accomplished?

I admit, I am excited over something so small, but it is my first time and now my novel is mentioned in this publication to come out december (A CHAPTER IS THE LAST STORY IN THIS ANTHOLOGY (Crop Circles chapter 6 of ...<grin> Portal to the Vixen Planet and other erotic stories" by ME

Art~

This is the most self serving, pompous and arrogant response I have ever seen. Time and time again, I have said credentials don't matter, you made an issue out of it, constantly refering to anyone that doesn't agree with you as chickens squawking. I am a number, dufus, I have a no bio, I am an unknown. I will remain that way, forever. Whatever was said about me seems to make you jealous. This was born out by my introduction to you, eh? That, and your insecurity I can live with. What I cannot abide is your advocation of ignorance, your slander of anyone that does not agree or think outside the mindset of your clan. The refusal of space - how many times to you repost the same old crap. I also cannot tolerate this portrayal of yourself as some oppressed minority and at the same time pushing this bastardized bullshit Zen. Zen is a rigid discipline, that transprires the ego, you haven't shown it. You are more interested in selling some god damn persona as some defender of the "poor weak newcomers" read poor weak writers. Sad fact is most of the poor weak writers become better, faster than you. Why? You are too busy running around assigning character flaws to others, making monsters where none exist.
Witness: how many people came to this thread and assumed, I am harsh on newcomers? These people you tried to exploit. Christ, I feel guilty handing out those 100's never more. As for your 50, I have given Rybka, and Angeline, one other 50's, nothing said from them. They are very much better writers, most likely always will be, they are generally accalimed to be better writers than I, I accept that, they did not parade around, and try and drum up hatred, as you do. I also seem to remember a 50 from you, on mine. Didn't fit your image? Tsk, Tsk.
Witness: someone whoever disagrees - you lump them in, into one giant conspiracy.
Now when you come out with whatever, slander, accusation - you also never apologise, never admit you are wrong, never admit that the other person's view has some validity. Instead you view it is you are the tiger, the others the chickens, but still somehow you are the oppessed. What it is? Tiger wouldn't care.
Last but not least, just because you cannot spell "arragant or pompuss" does not mean you are not. Consider "tiger". I gave you a gift, boy, the story of Lieh Tzu and the magician, you and your friends cannot decipher it? It is a children's story. Learn it.
Here is another term, your learned peers can look up "transference" - got nothing to do with poetry. Everything negative is assigned to the "others" Everything positive reserved for you. Not going to happen. Not while I am here.

My Erotic Tale said:
3) last but not least, If 1201 and I debate, why do so many feel the need to spat a verbal assault as well (a free for all yelling match) for some smart folk some aint so smart) to allow the two to work out the difference with out others spilling their hatred and egos as well as joining the bashing scene. Ask Ninja <temple> or Du or RF ...the first thing I ask, let me deal with it, please stay out of it, it will make it worse. I ask folk from my friends to not join in, while most of the elders jump in and hurl their intelligence. <grin> of course when a tiger is in the chicken coop all the chickens squawk. <I know this> That is how it grows and blows out of proportion.
Why people on an open debate forum join the debate? Yeah, it's a real mystery. I see what yoy're saying. It's possible that you and 12 coulda worked out all the differencies easier if noone else had their say. But really, it's out in the open, on a public forum... full of loudmouthed poets. Didja really expect them not to? :)

Anyway... I don't really get half of what you say here. You precieve yourself as hated? Methinks you're reading too much into what is going down here.

Really, I see only one real reason behind this whole debacle. See the highlighed stuff in the quote? That the kind of thing that really annoys me. Sniggering, condesending slander where a thought out reply that took another's perspective seriously would have made all the difference. I know zen, brother, and whatever that is, zen it ain't. That you say it is doesn't make it so.

Remember the evil clique (or was it oblong?) of sqawking, pecking chicken, (or whatever) that you warned people to shun and stay away from, long ago? You seem to have at large made peace with the über evil clique (some of whom you now even praise at your teachers), and are doing a lot of positive things for the community. So dislike you? No, I rather like you, Art. But sometimes you do exactly what you accuse others of. I can't speak for noone but me, but since you brought it up so directly, that's my 2c about it.

Now, to not focus on you and you alone... (makes me a little uneasy to talk about ppls character - I just did because you brought it up) Here's some constructive squawking:

Perspective shifts. Perspective shifts and empathy (not sympathy, mind you) is the key to understanding. Maybe it's just me, but I can't begin to fathom why anyone here, not even a Senna Jawa on a caffeine rush, could scare people off. It's just perspectives. You are just a dude with a perspective, so am I, so is 1201, or anna (ok, not a dude...a dudette) or anyone here.

You complain about "rewriting" in comments and elsewhere? But...that's just a dude with a perspective trying to share it. A dude who takes the effort of the poet seriously enough to share, give the poet new ideas and inspiration. it is not mastering and correcting. It is food for thought, peer to peer, for the next poem. No more, no less. That's the key to all of this, we must see things for what they are, and not dismiss (or flat out patronize) the perspective of commentors.

This was once a thread about credentials. Do you have credentials for patronizing someone (and question his credentials) who tries to share his honest perspective? (I'm not totally serious here, just adding a little food for thought to the debate...there is always another perspective to every issue.) ;)

#L, who never understood if he was inside or outside the oblong :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Liar said:
<paraphrase>
Let it go!​
</paraphrase>
#L, who never understood if he was inside or outside the oblong :rolleyes:
Me either, I just held onto one edge of the oval and before long it stretched into something resembling a sex toy.

champagne1982 said:
Me either, I just held onto one edge of the oval and before long it stretched into something resembling a sex toy.

Now that's funny <grin>

Liar~ bows humble (~_~)
I did go back and take out a lot of negative, I missed a couple. I do agree with some of what you said but then...well
~~~~~~~~~~`
Anyway... I don't really get half of what you say here. You precieve yourself as hated? Methinks you're reading too much into what is going down here. >>liar
~~~~~~~~~~
I don't feel hated by all, by far I directed that at those in this thread that are jumping to spat a word at me, that's less than a handfull. well you make one finger more <grin> Compared to more than two handfulls of those that are HELPING HANDS. <GRIN>

AND zen~

To remain calm in a raging mental storm
and think
with no mind >>>>> I am working on it

I remember saying in this thread that I was happy I don't submit my poetry anymore. I even thought I removed it all. Another erratic moment - I just went to submit a poem, and realized nothing was deleted. :confused: Or maybe it didn't work when I tried.

My brain is fried! And I forget how to put my profile link in my sig. line that leads to my poetry. If it's not there in the next 10 minutes, I hope someone can remind me how. Yes, I'm asking. *blushes in stupidity* <--did I spell that right?

saldne said:
I remember saying in this thread that I was happy I don't submit my poetry anymore. I even thought I removed it all. Another erratic moment - I just went to submit a poem, and realized nothing was deleted. :confused: Or maybe it didn't work when I tried.

My brain is fried! And I forget how to put my profile link in my sig. line that leads to my poetry. If it's not there in the next 10 minutes, I hope someone can remind me how. Yes, I'm asking. *blushes in stupidity* <--did I spell that right?
You want your poems deleted? If there's a lot of them, the best way is to PM Laurel about it.

Or do you want them to stay now?

Anyway, here is how you make a link in the sigline:

poems

Just hit reply to this post and copy the line above. Then you can paste it into your sigline. Should work.

Or use this, and remove the *

[*url=http://english.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=473931&page=submissions]poems[/url]

Liar said:
You want your poems deleted? If there's a lot of them, the best way is to PM Laurel about it.

Or do you want them to stay now?

Anyway, here is how you make a link in the sigline:

poems

Just hit reply to this post and copy the line above. Then you can paste it into your sigline. Should work.

Or use this, and remove the *

[*url=http://english.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=473931&page=submissions]poems[/url]

I keep changing my mind. But I bet you found out how to find my poems faster than I did. I just didn't come back to see if anyone replied. I figured it out being as burned as I am. No, it's a blonde thing. No, it's stress. OooOOh, it's all of em'!

Thank, hon. :kiss:

twelveoone said:
This is the most self serving, pompous and arrogant response I have ever seen. Time and time again, I have said credentials don't matter, you made an issue out of it, constantly refering to anyone that doesn't agree with you as chickens squawking. I am a number, dufus, I have a no bio, I am an unknown. I will remain that way, forever. Whatever was said about me seems to make you jealous. This was born out by my introduction to you, eh? That, and your insecurity I can live with. What I cannot abide is your advocation of ignorance, your slander of anyone that does not agree or think outside the mindset of your clan. The refusal of space - how many times to you repost the same old crap. I also cannot tolerate this portrayal of yourself as some oppressed minority and at the same time pushing this bastardized bullshit Zen. Zen is a rigid discipline, that transprires the ego, you haven't shown it. You are more interested in selling some god damn persona as some defender of the "poor weak newcomers" read poor weak writers. Sad fact is most of the poor weak writers become better, faster than you. Why? You are too busy running around assigning character flaws to others, making monsters where none exist.
Witness: how many people came to this thread and assumed, I am harsh on newcomers? These people you tried to exploit. Christ, I feel guilty handing out those 100's never more. As for your 50, I have given Rybka, and Angeline, one other 50's, nothing said from them. They are very much better writers, most likely always will be, they are generally accalimed to be better writers than I, I accept that, they did not parade around, and try and drum up hatred, as you do. I also seem to remember a 50 from you, on mine. Didn't fit your image? Tsk, Tsk.
Witness: someone whoever disagrees - you lump them in, into one giant conspiracy.
Now when you come out with whatever, slander, accusation - you also never apologise, never admit you are wrong, never admit that the other person's view has some validity. Instead you view it is you are the tiger, the others the chickens, but still somehow you are the oppessed. What it is? Tiger wouldn't care.
Last but not least, just because you cannot spell "arragant or pompuss" does not mean you are not. Consider "tiger". I gave you a gift, boy, the story of Lieh Tzu and the magician, you and your friends cannot decipher it? It is a children's story. Learn it.
Here is another term, your learned peers can look up "transference" - got nothing to do with poetry. Everything negative is assigned to the "others" Everything positive reserved for you. Not going to happen. Not while I am here.

Remember Art, remember why I created anonamouse.
two reasons
one the pm I got from you, YOU didn't like 1201 getting an "E", so I wrote something simple
two because I got sick of seeing the anonymous comments new writers where getting, tell me all about compassion.

Bumping

For the quotes and interesting opinions.

Ya know, since there's been chatter about critiquing lately, it just seemed appropriate.

I'm new in the LIT poetry realm and I didn't review this whole TL/DR thread so I'm eminently qualified to contribute. My credentials as a creator? Irrelevant. I hopefully don't need an official artistic license. Are credentials important? Depends on how they're issued. Certificates and degrees demonstrate that one has received training, and training is GOOD -- but not sufficient IMHO. Cheques from publishers may be more significant indicators.

Surely the only creditials anyone needs to give a critique is to be a reader? If I give my precious time to reading something and it is shite, I have every right to say it is. If as a creator, I put your work out there, I am inviting myself to be shot at. Seems pretty fair to me. But as a writer, why wouldn't you want to know how people really see it? If you don't like the truth, don't publicize your work. Simple really.

Surely the only creditials anyone needs to give a critique is to be a reader? If I give my precious time to reading something and it is shite, I have every right to say it is. If as a creator, I put your work out there, I am inviting myself to be shot at. Seems pretty fair to me. But as a writer, why wouldn't you want to know how people really see it? If you don't like the truth, don't publicize your work. Simple really.

Ya got that right! :eek:

I love a good typo.

Credentials....failed high school
reformed drug addict
messed up childhood,
years of self harm, fighting
and more violence than most people
in no war torn countries will ever see

A whole heap of crippled emotions and life experience
Coupled with a will to learn
and a desire to be better as a writer
an opinion I'm not scared to voice,

Are you working your way through all the threads? My brain would be frizzled :eek:

I'm a reader, I usually read 5-7 books a week, not including poetry, but I've been going through the poetry threads instead lately. I can't sleep without reading and I have insomnia issues :rolleyes:

We read to kiddo every day as well. I love children's books, lyrical and beautiful and I get to do 'voices' lol.

And that'd be my credentials btw :cool:

Creds
Jail at 14
Wanted by the FBI at 16
Tossed out at 17
Diploma~just to be rid of me
All i learned of life came while being dragged from bar to bar by my mother.
The fact that i'm not dead or in prison will have to be scroll enough.

Muthafucka
I am a licensed Practitioner of Applied Phrenology

with a bachelor's in failed relationships

and a degree in the fifth
Muthafucka

And I'm working on Astral Projection so I can give some kid my raincoat, just for the humanitarian cred.

Muthafucka
I am a licensed Practitioner of Applied Phrenology

with a bachelor's in failed relationships

and a degree in the fifth
Muthafucka

And I'm working on Astral Projection so I can give some kid my raincoat, just for the humanitarian cred.

Wild Turkey
Or Maddog 20/20

Credentials to start writing: none. Credentials to keep writing: an army of applauding monkeys or no shame.

Credentials to start writing: none. Credentials to keep writing: an army of applauding monkeys or no shame.
Credentials to critique an army of applauding monkeys, balls the size of large planets.
Mine are rather normal and in the right number (two), so I gave up.

Wild Turkey
Or Maddog 20/20
C',mon a nice chianti...
with some fava beans

Do you need a troubled past to be a writer? Well if so I was an abused child (in every sense of the word ........ I'll leave you to figure it out) Took me a while to figure it out that it wasn't my fault but now I'm proud to be a Survivor!! My mottos? Dare to be different and a sense of humour in all things wherever possible!

C',mon a nice chianti...
with some fava beans

I can't stand the whine
Personally I prefer to hop through the barley fields
In search of Jacks bean stalk
I keep hearing harp music
And smelling giant (god?) farts
But I've yet to trip over any golden eggs

Back