Dead Pool 2017

^^^^^
01-01-2017, 03:59 AM

So why exactly do Rory's picks count?

Because Rory told me in advance that he was going to wait until the absolute last minute to post his picks this year, and I said okay.

In the previous year, somebody (probably Queerbait or Eyer) made a number of alts that were specifically designed to mimic Rory's posts exactly...they wanted simply to dilute his success, "we got the same score tooo!" It's petty bullshit.

Rory short-circuited the alt circus by waiting early on New Year's morning to post his pics. As you can see, three alts immediately attempted to use his same pics as their own.

01-01-2017, 03:59 AM EST is 12-31-2016, 11:59 PM Alaska time.

Last edited:
Joost Van Der Westhuizen dead at age 45. 55 points awarded.
1 Dash of Nose Candy 119
2 VaticanAssassin 75
3 Aquagal 55
4 Pookie 43
5 Cleaver 27
6 Lancecastor 23
7 Froya 20
8 SilverGurl 20

9 BobbSledd 0
10 BoyNextDoor 0
11 ColdDiesel 0
12 ColonelHogan 0
13 DeeHere 0
14 FoxInSox 0
15 Irezumikiss 0
16 JKendallDane 0
17 JohnnySavage 0
18 LadyJS 0
19 LadyLorilei 0
20 Liar 0
21 Queertag45 0
22 Ramone45 0
23 RedAllan 0
24 RobDownSouth 0
25 RomanticCorpuscle 0
26 SCCouple1990 0
27 Sean 0
28 TypoFuMaster 0
29 Wok 0
30 WrongElement 0

I'm in the lead you stupid fat fucking wannabe!

Because Rory told me in advance that he was going to wait until the absolute last minute to post his picks this year, and I said okay.

In the previous year, somebody (probably Queerbait or Eyer) made a number of alts that were specifically designed to mimic Rory's posts exactly...they wanted simply to dilute his success, "we got the same score tooo!" It's petty bullshit.

Rory short-circuited the alt circus by waiting early on New Year's morning to post his pics. As you can see, three alts immediately attempted to use his same pics as their own.

01-01-2017, 03:59 AM EST is 12-31-2016, 11:59 PM Alaska time.

So the dumb fatty rob has admitted he is in collusion with rory...how pathetic.

Nice try you idiot fatty rob.

Sorry fatty rob, not only is rory disqualified, but you are also disqualified for collusion as well. Not that it is a BIG (fatty) loss as you are simply incompetent at running this game.

So long fatty rob and stupid rory! :)

2 out of 3 ain't bad

William Shatner
Jimmy Carter
Stan Lee
Glen Campbell
Larry King
Barbara Eden
Olivia de Havilland
Joan Collins
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
James Earl Jones

I bet you at least hit 66% correct. Time will tell.

Anyone who had Vera Lynn has a day and a half to score. She hits the ton on 20th March.

Duh!....Grade school antics. If you send your entry in at the time of 12:59 where you live, it's a perfectly legitimate entry. For some there's a conspiracy under every rock! Sheesh!

In all seriousness, I think it's more interesting when there are a lot of stiffs from various lists. The 2016 poll is certainly active, if nothing else (it was anticlimactic for anyone not up enough on Grade Z celebs to know who the hell Joey Feek was, but that's a minor drawback).

By lessening the marginal value of picking anyone who is already old, and eliminating any incentive whatsoever to pick anyone over 100, I suspect you're going to go weeks and possibly months at a time without having to update the pool. But hey, your call.

This was a better prediction than anyone made in the actual pool.

And no sooner do I bitch and moan than I am on the board!

Chuck Berry can now roll over and tell Tchaikovsky the news himself.

Chuck Berry dead at age 90, 10 points awarded. Oh look, Wrong Element actually got some points! :eek:
1 RoryN 119
2 VaticanAssassin 75
3 Aquagal 55
4 Pookie 43
5 Cleaver 27
6 Lancecastor 23
7 Froya 20
8 SilverGurl 20
9 Queertag45 10
10 WrongElement 10

11 BobbSledd 0
12 BoyNextDoor 0
13 ColdDiesel 0
14 ColonelHogan 0
15 DeeHere 0
16 FoxInSox 0
17 Irezumikiss 0
18 JKendallDane 0
19 JohnnySavage 0
20 LadyJS 0
21 LadyLorilei 0
22 Liar 0
23 Ramone45 0
24 RedAllan 0
25 RobDownSouth 0
26 RomanticCorpuscle 0
27 SCCouple1990 0
28 Sean 0
29 TypoFuMaster 0
30 Wok 0

Chuck Berry dead at age 90, 10 points awarded. Oh look, Wrong Element actually got some points! :eek:

Hey, I'm an ex-winner. It's not that miraculous.

WE Dead Pool perennial David Rockefeller has died. I had to remove him this year because he was over 100, but I want my foresight in surmising that a 100-year-old man might die to go on the record, goddammit!

Yeah, I came in here to check on that but why the fart couldn't I find the thread by searching 'Dead Pool' in the thread title?

Yeah, I came in here to check on that but why the fart couldn't I find the thread by searching 'Dead Pool' in the thread title?

Search doesn't recognize four letter words.

Easiest way to find it is to do a search on an obscure word that you know is mentioned in the pool, such as "Westhuizen."

Don't have this thread bookmarked? :(

Just search for the word foxinsox in posts. She only posts in the Dead Pool. :)

You've got the man confused with a role he played (CPO Sharkey).

Rickles actually served in the Army (ironically, in the same unit as Clint Eastwood) in World War 2.
*nods*

kellys-heroes.jpg

Yeah, something about a bank in Clermont.

funny shit, that...

rickles was actually a pt boat man in ww2
kinda like...

never mind, you hockey pucks

Back