Donald Trump Stung as New Poll Shows How Unpopular He Is

Donald Trump Suffers Triple Polling Blow in 48 Hours After Guilty Verdict​

In a YouGov snap poll conducted just hours after the verdict was announced, 50 percent of the 3,040 U.S. adults who were polled said they believed Trump was guilty, while 30 percent said they believed he was not guilty. Another 19 percent said they were not sure. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.3 percent.

A Morning Consult poll conducted on Friday found 54 percent of registered voters approve of the jury's verdict while 39 percent disapprove. Across party lines, 18 percent of Republicans approve of the verdict while 74 percent disapprove, 52 percent of independents approve while 33 disapprove and 88 percent of Democrats approve while 8 percent disapprove. The poll surveyed 2,220 registered voters and had a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points. The sizes and margins of error of the subsamples are also unclear.

A Reuters/Ipsos poll conducted between Thursday and Friday found that 5 percent of Republicans and 21 percent of independents said they are much less likely to vote for Trump because of the jury's ruling. Meanwhile, 30 percent of Republicans and 13 percent of independents said the verdict made them much more likely to vote for Trump. However, the majority of Republicans (55 percent), independents (58 percent), and Democrats (58 percent) said the verdict didn't change their minds on whether or not to vote for the former president.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-suffers-polling-blow-after-guilty-verdict-1907112

One in Three Republicans Now Think Donald Trump Was Wrong Candidate Choice​

One in three Republican voters would have preferred a different candidate to Donald Trump for the upcoming presidential election. In March, the former president won enough primary races to secure the Republican nomination in the 2024 presidential election.

However, according to a survey of 1,003 Americans by Canadian polling firm Leger, Trump does not command the full support of his base and 33 percent of this demographic would have preferred another politician. Meanwhile, this proportion is higher (47 percent) among Republican voters aged 18 to 34 years old.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-republican-candidate-poll-1907298

trump is in panic mode. All that bluster over these last years about only voting on election day because the libz will steal your vote goes out the window when the felon starts losing in the polls. 😄

RDT_20240604_1445274382757992112665487.jpg

In a two horse race with never more than half the population voting, 25% can be enough. But this year we have a three horse race.
Well, the Kennedy family has come out against Robert so hopefully that vein will die out. And hopefully, Cornel West knows votes for him would siphon off votes from Biden. If he continues, hopefully he’ll pull a Bernie and point his followers toward Biden.

Hopefully, not to many hopefullys.

IT is an odd choiec of words but I assume he just means "Win by such a margin they can't fake it" The Right has always been better at promoting.

New poll finds nearly half of Americans think Trump should end campaign after conviction​

Former President Donald Trump may be in trouble with voters after his felony conviction last week, a new poll finds, as nearly half of Americans think he should drop out of the 2024 race.

A new ABC News/Ipsos poll conducted between May 31 and June 1 found that 49% of respondents think Trump should end his campaign as a result of the Manhattan jury's verdict. Some 37% said he shouldn’t drop out and 14% say they didn't know.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news.../poll-trump-drop-out-race-guilty/73954846007/

Lets hope that holds but we've got a good stretch to go and Biden is doing a fantastic job of pissing me off.

40 percent in new poll say Trump should be sentenced to prison in hush money case

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4707744-trump-hush-money-case-sentence-poll/

Four in 10 U.S. voters believe former President Trump should receive jail time for his hush money conviction, though this sentiment varies at the party level, according to a new poll.

A survey from Emerson College Polling, released Thursday, found 40 percent of registered voters think Trump should be sentenced to prison, while 25 percent said he should pay a fine and 15 percent said probation. Twenty percent were unsure.

which polls do you deam worthy and which ones do you believe are bullshit?
I look at the major national polls that are tracked by Realclear and FiveThirtyEight. They include the polls for Siena, Emerson, Morning Consult, Quinnipiac, Gallup NPR/PBS, I&I/TPP, WSJ, Reuters, etc. Both Realclear and FiveThirtyEight track moving averages as well which smooth out occasional outlier polls. Here are screenshots that show most recent averages.

I don’t pay attention to polls that don’t provide source data and cross tabs.

I especially pay attention to battleground state polls. Quinnipiac is out with a Georgia poll today that has Trump 43, Biden 37, Kennedy 8, West 3, Stein 2. Mitchell is a firm I’m less familiar with. They have a Michigan poll out today the has Trump 46, Biden 45, Kennedy 3, West 1, Stein 1.

Attachments

• IMG_8205.jpeg
    IMG_8205.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8204.jpeg
    IMG_8204.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1
I look at the major national polls that are tracked by Realclear and FiveThirtyEight. They include the polls for Siena, Emerson, Morning Consult, Quinnipiac, Gallup NPR/PBS, I&I/TPP, WSJ, Reuters, etc. Both Realclear and FiveThirtyEight track moving averages as well which smooth out occasional outlier polls. Here are screenshots that show most recent averages.

I don’t pay attention to polls that don’t provide source data and cross tabs.

I especially pay attention to battleground state polls. Quinnipiac is out with a Georgia poll today that has Trump 43, Biden 37, Kennedy 8, West 3, Stein 2. Mitchell is a firm I’m less familiar with. They have a Michigan poll out today the has Trump 46, Biden 45, Kennedy 3, West 1, Stein 1.
that's not what i asked. looks like you really only care about realclear and 538.

that's not what i asked. looks like you really only care about realclear and 538.
Realclear and FiveThirtyEight report and track all the major polls, including the ones I listed. Most are reputable firms that have been conducting polls for years. Their methodologies and sampling models differ but they all tend to be fairly close to each other most of the time.

Realclear and FiveThirtyEight report and track all the major polls, including the ones I listed. Most are reputable firms that have been conducting polls for years. Their methodologies and sampling models differ but they all tend to be fairly close to each other most of the time.
The scoring system on 538 is a great tool as well.

NOTE: I fully admit that what is below is a repetition of another post I created. If that is against "the rules" I am sure I am sorry? And...I could feign outrage that I "broke a rule" but...I am NOT that great of an actor. Nobody is.

I would just like to POLITELY point out the abject unapologetic stupidity, ok no...insanity...sorry...amongst those who suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS). And I'm being sincere - it must make your lives just miserable! You act miserable...you're making US miserable...

Here's what I mean. Trump "stung"? Really? But I thought Trump was a narcissist! You cannot simultaneously entertain that Trump is BOTH a narcissist...and is "stung" by anything let alone a poll. Narcissists don't get "stung" by polls. Bees, maybe. Polls? Please. Hell, nobody who is knowledgeable on anything concerning polls...is stung by the results of a poll.

Now, I realize that I'm speaking largely to an audience that absolutely has no clue what I just said. I get it. And I'm talking "comprehension" not even agreement, simply knowing the meaning of the words I used in the order I used them. I get it and I do feel badly! Having those...severe cognitive limitations that for all we know are not even your fault? Parents...ate paint chips? Mom an alcoholic crack-whore with a slew of social diseases? That's not on you, and yet here you have to live the consequences and it's not fair. OK? It's not! So while I feel a tremendous amount of sympathy? I cannot be empathetic because that means I somehow know the world you live in, a world where....everything is confusing and frightening and not to lie I just do not know that world! And yes, I am thankful. So...I am not using this as a means to denigrate but rather as a...moment to pause and give thanks that I am, well...me. And if you all are being honest, aren't you also thankful? That I am...well, that I am? That I exist? You do...you do...yeah you're teasin' but you do.

NOTE: I fully admit that what is below is a repetition of another post I created. If that is against "the rules" I am sure I am sorry? And...I could feign outrage that I "broke a rule" but...I am NOT that great of an actor. Nobody is.

I would just like to POLITELY point out the abject unapologetic stupidity, ok no...insanity...sorry...amongst those who suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS). And I'm being sincere - it must make your lives just miserable! You act miserable...you're making US miserable...

Here's what I mean. Trump "stung"? Really? But I thought Trump was a narcissist! You cannot simultaneously entertain that Trump is BOTH a narcissist...and is "stung" by anything let alone a poll. Narcissists don't get "stung" by polls. Bees, maybe. Polls? Please. Hell, nobody who is knowledgeable on anything concerning polls...is stung by the results of a poll.

Now, I realize that I'm speaking largely to an audience that absolutely has no clue what I just said. I get it. And I'm talking "comprehension" not even agreement, simply knowing the meaning of the words I used in the order I used them. I get it and I do feel badly! Having those...severe cognitive limitations that for all we know are not even your fault? Parents...ate paint chips? Mom an alcoholic crack-whore with a slew of social diseases? That's not on you, and yet here you have to live the consequences and it's not fair. OK? It's not! So while I feel a tremendous amount of sympathy? I cannot be empathetic because that means I somehow know the world you live in, a world where....everything is confusing and frightening and not to lie I just do not know that world! And yes, I am thankful. So...I am not using this as a means to denigrate but rather as a...moment to pause and give thanks that I am, well...me. And if you all are being honest, aren't you also thankful? That I am...well, that I am? That I exist? You do...you do...yeah you're teasin' but you do.
You're an idiot. Nothing more.

Back