End Of Summer Contest Results

i ve only just read the results of the summers end contest , thank you all for some lovely inspiring poems ,,
i loved Angeline's and was proud to have tied second. with her

umm would it be to big headed if i put the silver cup in my signiture line ,, ?? hee hee hee i dont offten win things , and i want to fill it with chammpers and enjoy a drunken evening , any one want to join me >???.

Angeline

I loved your poem Rybka
Like Senna's poem it was filled with images that one can experience with the senses--the colors of the fruit, the smell of soil. Just wonderful imagery, I thought. When I read it, the word thar came to mind was vibrant. A vibrant poem!

Images are my game. :)
As my tagline says, "Paper is just blank canvas for the pictures of words." That is what I try to do, paint a word picture. Because of that I consider the font, size, style, color, and placement of each word on the page to be important. That is why (like Senna Jawa) I get frustrated with this site when it insists upon changing my work to agree with some foolish rule or lack of programming skills (not that I have any such skill). I have several poems that I will not submit anywhere because I will not allow them to be altered. The only way I can display them is as a Word file, or as a JPG. :(

Angeline, You too paint vivid mental visions. Everyone one has said how much they like your first stanza. Actually, I like the last two even better! :)

On the beach the waves still break.
The birds have taken back the sand:
Pipers skitter, seagulls dropping clams

on rocks swoop, snatch meat, land,
and gulping eye the seascape
once again alone at summer’s end.

Regards, Rybka

Re: Angeline

Rybka said:

Images are my game. :)
As my tagline says, "Paper is just blank canvas for the pictures of words." That is what I try to do, paint a word picture. Because of that I consider the font, size, style, color, and placement of each word on the page to be important. That is why (like Senna Jawa) I get frustrated with this site when it insists upon changing my work to agree with some foolish rule or lack of programming skills (not that I have any such skill). I have several poems that I will not submit anywhere because I will not allow them to be altered. The only way I can display them is as a Word file, or as a JPG. :(

Angeline, You too paint vivid mental visions. Everyone one has said how much they like your first stanza. Actually, I like the last two even better! :)

Regards, Rybka

Rybka, Post the JPG here, i would like to see such savored works....... Regards _Land

Rybka, Post the JPG here, i would like to see such savored works....... Regards _Land

I don't have any of my own poems in picture format, but I have done that with E.E. Cummings' poems.

I don't have access to a scanner any more, but I could send you something in Microsoft Word, if you want.

You can see some of type of thing I mean at:Fall 1999. Ideally this would be in different colors and some of the words would move. :)

Regards, Rybka

Rybka

Rybka said:

I don't have any of my own poems in picture format, but I have done that with E.E. Cummings' poems.

I don't have access to a scanner any more, but I could send you something in Microsoft Word, if you want.

You can see some of type of thing I mean at:Fall 1999. Ideally this would be in different colors and some of the words would move. :)

Regards, Rybka

That poem is great, Would love to see the ones with movement.................there has to be a way to make it work.

_Land wrote:

That poem is great, Would love to see the ones with movement.................there has to be a way to make it work.

Agreed, but I don't know how to do it, and even the webmaster who posted it for me did not know. :(

Regards, Rybka

Lauren

All I see is a non-moving version of my fish gliph (facing the wrong way). I don't see any poem. :-(

Regards, Rybka

You didn't send me any poem... probably forgot to attach the file.

I sent it again. Hopefully it worked this time. :(

Regards, Rybka

Back