Favorite Movie Quotes

My brother and I used to say that drownin' in beer was like heaven, eh? Now he's not here, and I've got two soakers... this isn't heaven. This sucks!

Swimmin' don't got dick-shit to do with deep-sea divin'. If Johnny fuckin' Weismuller were in the soup wearin' a 200-pound Mark Five divin' rig, he couldn't swim to fuck Esther Williams if she was three feet in front of him buck naked! The only way to survive is to trust each other, 'cause underwater all you got is the man next to you. And that is why the only men that get through my course are the very, very best.

"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
"So do all who live to such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
-Lord of the rings: The fellowship of The Rings (Movie)

As Frodo wavers in his conviction to carry the ring on the shores of Nen Hithoel, Gandalf's words steel him as he makes his decision to continue. The cinematic cut between Sir Ian Mckellen as Gandalf back to Elijah Wood's Frodo was well done. With time slowed you can see a great piece of acting from Elijah. The point where Frodo's will hardens and his resolve is set to finish his task is all over his face, the clear shift from sorrow and despair is moving.

The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball.

America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

This field, this game -- it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again.

Back