tarablackwood22 said:
I just had a short and very friendly debate with an experienced poet here about leaving comments on poetry written by 'new poets' to the website. :)

I feel strongly that I need to leave positive feedback (or none at all) for any new poet whose early poetry shows promise -- as a sign of encouragement and to let them know they had something of worth -- even if that feedback is not telling the whole story.

So many new poets seem to be popping up daily -- it would be very healthy for this community to grow larger -- what better way is there to help that growth than to assist with a newbie's footing until they find balance?

And -- much of the feedback between experienced poets is based as much on friendship as objectivity. I am thankful to have writers of experience here where faults can be shared and explored in private PM's -- it's tough to leave negative comments out there in public on the words of someone whose writing I love, so I do that with my silence, and explore perceived weaknesses privately through PM and e-mail.

:heart: :rose:
I rarely take the time to send email. But I leave "gentle" feedback, where I offer suggestions. I leave comments for many, many new poets. I have read poems that are not very well written, but I still thank the poet for sharing and then I invite them to the board. I tell them about our challenges and the poets here that are willing to offer feedback. I do this for many newbie poets. I hate that there are so many poems out there without a single comment, so I try to say something encouraging or leave a simple suggestion--just something to aim the poet in the right direction.
When I first got here 3 years ago, I was offering shit for poetry(there's no other way to say it.) I almost left until one poet offered encouragement and then I became part of this group. They took me under their wing and taught me. And now... still working on it, but I write a few good poems from time to time. And for the last few years I've tried to pass that gift on--the best I can.

Tathagata said:
I like when you say
"Change it now monkey"

That tells me you read it
:D
Yeah, I leave some weird feedback. lol Poor ange is probably ready to kill me. I've left here some special eve feedback in the last few days. :) lol

WickedEve said:
I rarely take the time to send email. But I leave "gentle" feedback, where I offer suggestions. I leave comments for many, many new poets. I have read poems that are not very well written, but I still thank the poet for sharing and then I invite them to the board. I tell them about our challenges and the poets here that are willing to offer feedback. I do this for many newbie poets. I hate that there are so many poems out there without a single comment, so I try to say something encouraging or leave a simple suggestion--just something to aim the poet in the right direction.
When I first got here 3 years ago, I was offering shit for poetry(there's no other way to say it.) I almost left until one poet offered encouragement and then I became part of this group. They took me under their wing and taught me. And now... still working on it, but I write a few good poems from time to time. And for the last few years I've tried to pass that gift on--the best I can.

You sent *me* email. And I'm not even new. I'm, well, old. :D

Angeline said:
You sent *me* email. And I'm not even new. I'm, well, old. :D
Not about your poetry!!! lol I send email asking about my computer problems because I don't want to call dell and be on hold.

WickedEve said:
Not about your poetry!!! lol I send email asking about my computer problems because I don't want to call dell and be on hold.

I keep telling you--all your computer problems will be resolved if you buy lots of new stuff. From me.

:p

Angeline said:
I keep telling you--all your computer problems will be resolved if you buy lots of new stuff. From me.

:p

Wow
didn't take you long to learn THAT job
lol

Morning Ange mi hermosa
:kiss: :rose: :heart:

Tathagata said:
Wow
didn't take you long to learn THAT job
lol

Morning Ange mi hermosa
:kiss: :rose: :heart:

lol. I glommed on to the important part right quick. :D

mornin' cutie.

:rose:

twelveoone said:
Subject
Comment

I read, Its good, I have nothing to say, see thermometer
I feel you should explain yourself, if you find its not good. I see alot of good poems, that for some reason I do not wish to revisit to find something to say. I do not like blind voting. Is this ok?

Yes. :rose:

twelveoone said:
Subject
Comment

I read, Its good, I have nothing to say, see thermometer
I feel you should explain yourself, if you find its not good. I see alot of good poems, that for some reason I do not wish to revisit to find something to say. I do not like blind voting. Is this ok?

the following people have not had comments left behind on some of their work, because I could not find anything to say, but I have found their work excellent, so expect to see... in the future, unless I have something to say.
Tathagata
Angeline
WickedEve (oh yes, even you)
JCStreet
I apologise for that, I am not in the same league, but I recognise quality.
I don't blind vote.
Tara's was a test case, a poem about Chitcago and Bostown, leaves me cold
But it was an excellent poem.
Personally, having had a couple of beer bottles hurled in response to stuff I've said, I have a little different view on "sensitivity" and "encouragement".
Critique with green glass, we used to call it.

twelveoone said:
the following people have not had comments left behind on some of their work, because I could not find anything to say, but I have found their work excellent, so expect to see... in the future, unless I have something to say.
Tathagata
Angeline
WickedEve (oh yes, even you)
JCStreet
I apologise for that, I am not in the same league, but I recognise quality.
I don't blind vote.
Tara's was a test case, a poem about Chitcago and Bostown, leaves me cold
But it was an excellent poem.
Personally, having had a couple of beer bottles hurled in response to stuff I've said, I have a little different view on "sensitivity" and "encouragement".
Critique with green glass, we used to call it.

1201 -- your critiques, even when critical, have ALWAYS been well thought out. I always look forward to hearing what you have to say, good or bad, because you are not afraid to state your opinion.

:rose: :rose:

tarablackwood22 said:
1201 -- your critiques, even when critical, have ALWAYS been well thought out. I always look forward to hearing what you have to say, good or bad, because you are not afraid to state your opinion.

:rose: :rose:

I promise not to throw bottles, some "shit" every so often... (which, I just did)

twelveoone said:
I promise not to throw bottles, some "shit" every so often... (which, I just did)

I've never been offended by anything you've said.
if you can't think of anything to say that's fine...if you have a comment or don't understand something I'd rather you asked or spoke it.
It might have been something that never occured to me.
I pm people all the time about their work..
" what is this, does this mean..."
and your work is just as good and important as anyone elses.

I've said it before I'll say it again.
the longer you do this the more tools you aquire
so if you don't have the tools or words to express things the way you want Doesn't mean it's bad
The idea is right, the thought is right...the trick is getting it to look and sound the way you want
and 3 months from now...when you take that same idea and polish it and add some spangles and trim it down
everyone says " Great"
but it was your idea all along.
You see what I mean??

They sell chimpanzeze paintings for thousands of dollars
no on understands it...but they can see theres something there.
you have to look at poetry the same way
In my opinion

and yes Eve
I mention monkeys WAY too much

somebody say "a penny for your thoughts"

as long as we're on the subject..why do you folks that leave the comments wait until after someone has submitted it?

why if it's on the threads here and offered up for critiques can you not express your thoughts then??

i throw my stuff out here..try to work the kinks out, then after having some help with a final edit(ty tara:kiss: ) then i submit it..but no one ever comments here..isn't this 1 of the purposes of these threads?

or am i the only 1 who watches the progression of the poetry here on the threads??

:kiss: :kiss:

Re: somebody say "a penny for your thoughts"

fawnie said:
as long as we're on the subject..why do you folks that leave the comments wait until after someone has submitted it?

why if it's on the threads here and offered up for critiques can you not express your thoughts then??

i throw my stuff out here..try to work the kinks out, then after having some help with a final edit(ty tara:kiss: ) then i submit it..but no one ever comments here..isn't this 1 of the purposes of these threads?

or am i the only 1 who watches the progression of the poetry here on the threads??

:kiss: :kiss:

for me...because i want to wait till it's done
many times i'll say " I watched this on the contruction or passion thread" and i just don't feel qualified to offer advice unless some one asks.

hi fawnie
:heart:

Hi everybody!

Wow! So many places to choose from for my first posting. Well, here goes.
I have been writing poetry since I was a teen, but only in my diary and only for myself. Too shy to share, I guess, which is pretty funny, since I love to show off my body. I really like getting naked!
I have been reading a lot of the poems and you guys are great!
I will be posting a poem soon, as soon as I figure out how all this works.
I am really looking forward to being part of literotica.:heart:

Fastidious Kinky said:
Wow! I'm a virgin! I haven't been able to say that in a while.;)
isn't that always the way, once you find out what a virgin is, and why it's so important, it's too far gone to get it back. *grin*

I sensed that there was talk of a virgin on this thread. I know it's not tara or perks. :D

Hi F.Kinky!

WickedEve said:
I sensed that there was talk of a virgin on this thread. I know it's not tara or perks. :D

Hi F.Kinky!

come in for fresh meat???
hiya hoppy
:heart:

WickedEve said:

Hi F.Kinky!

ohh you witchywoman, I'll get you for that.

perks said:
ohh you witchywoman, I'll get you for that.

I meant to say that perks is very virginal... when she gets lucky enough to grab hold of a virgin.

WickedEve said:
I meant to say that perks is very virginal... when she gets lucky enough to grab hold of a virgin.

are you kidding? I'm a true Ovirginal!

tarablackwood22 said:
It won't last long. :D

Welcome. :rose:

bull shit! they all will tease you silly here and even though my title looks like i'm one of the neighborhood whores..
i'm still a virgin here!!!:mad: :rolleyes:

:D welcome to teaseapolis!! ;)

Back