Tathagata said:
I've never been offended by anything you've said.
if you can't think of anything to say that's fine...if you have a comment or don't understand something I'd rather you asked or spoke it.
It might have been something that never occured to me.
I pm people all the time about their work..
" what is this, does this mean..."
and your work is just as good and important as anyone elses.

:D
Tath, you coming from a zen backgroung, should be offended by things I haven't said.
Which is why I offered the apology above, I remember at least two of yours that where well worth a 100, I did not have the time to delve into for a third time - the same goes for the other names.
I have consistently commented only on two here - annaswirls, and Tara, but I recognise...
As far as my work, well it is different, I have different aspirations...and I have had to use in certain cases a ratio of 20 to 1 words to explain, some will see, some won't. (and, maybe, it may not be worth seeing) You have seen, most of the time. Let me leave with this:
Poetry by Marianne Moore

I, too, dislike it.
Reading it, however, with a perfect contempt for it, one discovers in
it, after all, a place for the genuine.

(there is a much longer version, also)

twelveoone said:
Tath, you coming from a zen backgroung, should be offended by things I haven't said.

I, too, dislike it.
Reading it, however, with a perfect contempt for it, one discovers in
it, after all, a place for the genuine.

my friend
coming from a Zen background I know that words can never really express what we see and think and feel
they can only transmit the symbols we are all familiar with.
which is why great poetry isnt about words
it's about that feeling of " connectedness" that you get
the feeling that something profound is there even when you aren't sure what it means
how does one express that in a paragraph of praise?

No worries between you and i
I appreciate the votes and the times you do comment

Purr-sonally, as doormouse, I like to leave a raving review.

If I don't like something, I don't even vote. Nor do I bother to comment.

There are so many talented writers, it's seldom I don't read something I appreciate in some small way.

If I feel stuck for words, I normally copy and paste a part of the poem/story that I especially liked, and comment on that.

Before you comment, I know raving reviews don't help a writer improve. I'm no expert, so comment and applaud the things I do like.

If I have a suggestion, it's always done as a private message or email. I never do it on someone's story/poem.

Back