first bdsm story

Charm_Brights said:

I don't want to argue about the meaning if "significant" or "representative". I do claim there are such men (which you do not dispute) and therefore it is not unreasonable to write about them.

You miss the point. I used "redheads" as a non-controversial example of what I was trying to say, which is that you, and cymbidia, are trying to argue that because I write about a small number of fictional individuals, that implies that I believe what I write to be true of a whole class of perole,. That is known as "arguing from the particular to the general" and was dismissed as a fallacious argument by Plato. ALso I write fiction and what I write does not necessarily represent my personal beliefs.

I didn't call my books BDSM, the literary community puts that label on anything involving domination and physical abuse. As to the "defaming" charge, see my previous point.

I don't believe I missed any of your points. I believe I understand exactly where you are coming from. I can not criticize your books, as all I know of them your own characterization, and the brief descriptions on the BDSMBooks site. But your own words prove the point that you are writing about bdsm in a purely exploitive manner, and so I have no further interest in discussing your work.

Back