For Gauche - an author-thread!

Svenskaflicka said:
The whole suitcase was turned inside out. Underwear, wool socks, a newspaper, and a pair of reading glasses, were stacked upon the bench. People on the way by slowed down and turned their heads to watch the show. The ticket inspector sighed and stared up into the ceiling. A small bottle of medicine, a paper-back novel, and a bag of fruit joined the other items on the bench.
Finally, the tickets jumped out of the sleeve of a sweater at the bottom of the suitcase. The ticket inspector read what they said, punched two holes in them, made a gesture towards the cap, a gesture that perhaps was supposed to be a salute, and walked away. A train conductor called out for all passengers to board the 7.40 train to Amsterdam, and there was a rush to pack all the items back into the suitcase again.

I challenge you to find ONE adjective in this!:D

Testy reviews............

Hiya all............

Enjoyed this thread alot! Reading all responses and offerings, seems a little testy beteween the authors in some instances.......

Or is it my imagination?

Good efforts, appropriately applied adjectives.

Mtn

"wool", "reading", "ticket", "train", "7.40", and "all" are not adjectives, they are attributes! You can't conjugate them like regular adjectives. "Train-trainier-trainiest"?

And "paper-back novel" is a noun phrase!

It's verbs that are conjugated. Doing words.

You decline adjectives. ( and verbs and nouns and pronouns)

Gauche

Flicka, you said not to use "many" adjectives; I presumed you meant that, vs. "any" (none).

Quote (url below):
"An adjective modifies a noun or a pronoun by describing, identifying, or quantifying words. An adjective usually precedes the noun or the pronoun which it modifies.

In the following examples, the highlighted words are adjectives:
The truck-shaped balloon floated over the treetops.

Mrs. Morrison papered her kitchen walls with hideous wall paper.
The small boat foundered on the wine dark sea.
The coal mines are dark and dank.
Many stores have already begun to play irritating Christmas music.
A battered music box sat on the mahogany sideboard.
The back room was filed with large, yellow rain boots.

An adjective can be modified by an adverb, or by a phrase or clause functioning as an adverb."

You neglected such things as demonstrative adjectives (this, these, that, those, what); possessive adjectives (my, your, his, her, its, our, their); interrogative and indefinite adjectives. They are all adjectives. See url for more details.

Anyway, thanks for the exercise, I enjoyed it. P.

U. of Ottawa

Edited w/change of opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Svenskaflicka said:
"wool", "reading", "ticket", "train", "7.40", and "all" are not adjectives, they are attributes! You can't conjugate them like regular adjectives. "Train-trainier-trainiest"?

And "paper-back novel" is a noun phrase!

She has a point about some of those words. "Reading glasses", "ticket taker" "train conductor" are nouns since the second word in each of those expressions can't stand on its own. Since an adjective is a word that modifies a noun or pronoun, all articles and what Flicka describes as "attributes" are also adjectives. Besides the ones 'Dita listed, I would add "whole" as in "whole suitcase" "other" as in "other" items and "two" as in "two holes".

Last edited:
Boxlicker101 said:
She has a point about some of those words. "Reading glasses", "ticket taker" "train conductor" are nouns since the second word in each of those expressions can't stand on its own.
You are wrong. The modified words alone may lose meaning but they can stand alone.

Perdita

Fuck me Svenskaflicka, was that nearly a compliment?? I am extremely honoured, to be off ignore for one thing!

perdita said:
You are wrong. The modified words alone may lose meaning but they can stand alone.

Perdita

:) You are right that they can stand alone, but if I were diagramming a sentences including those words, I would treat them as compound nouns.

:rose:

You must learn to be more gracious, my dear. ;) (That was directed at Lew, btw)

Thanks for your words about my effort, too, Svenska. I've enjoyed this thread, and have been tempted to try another, slightly off-the-wall snippet.

I'll work on it, and see how I go.

Lou :rose:

Svensaflika

Thank you. :rose:

Curiously, it has got me writing again, a new story not especially Lit. but I am pleased to be writing.

Svenskaflicka said:
Lou: Good work. Personally, I was a little in two minds at first about "the individual", but it's acceptable. Very nice.

Lewd: The first one is impressive. Excellent work. The second has too many adjectives.

CharleyH: Tricky, using a both-gender-name like that! But it was carried out brilliantly, all the time focusing on what could be done to both a man and a woman. Very good.

Sadie: Same thing as with CharleyH, a name you can't tell what gender it belongs to. Nicely done. My prejudices about men's behaviour and the tradition of companies tells me this is a guy, am I right?

Gauche: Apart from the adjectives, very good. It sure captures the reader's interest. I get a vision of a jewish father in a concentration camp during WW2.

Carl East: Great. Only 2 adjectives in total. A lot of subtle action, that tells it all. Very, very good!

Colleen: This is good, but I'd like to see a little less adjectives. And the word "hero" is a little too masculine to hide the person's gender, isn't it?

Perdita: Watch the adjectives! But it's good. The professor is a nicely shady person, and the phrase "Brunty scratched at a growing facial rash" made me shudder! Excellent way of showing a person's un-likeability by just one little action.

Wills: A true masterpiece, except for the last line, which gives away the person's gender. This is my favourite.

Well, well thank you miss adjective queen . . . I am priviledged to have your beautiful comments, and the notice :) WHERE the hell is your post!!!! And you can just call me anything your heart desires Charley - CH o ro sexy is good. LOL

As stated, there have been a number of adjective threads, e.g.,

https://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=203453

In that thread, I rewrote a fine passage from one of Colleens' stories so as to be free of all adjectives (except articles). I did not entirely succeed, so here is a further, cleaner re-write:

/Penelope was at the railing of the balcony, hands, hers, calmed by the coolness of the marble. The incoming of the storm barely registered with her, since she was in an chaos of thoughts over what she was to do. Yes, this was the time to leave the batterer, if there ever was, but she couldn't see the step that would come next. How freedom would come. Hands flitted over the marble; she recalled the caresses of old, a plenitude, some from him, which she had not seen for an eternity. The wind now smoothing the face might have eased the distress before, but now it was completely without effect on the roiling at the centre of her being; anguish at having to say goodbye to much of herself, and the glimmerings of confidence that maybe life without him could exist./

There's much laziness in adjective use in most literotica stories, imho.

J.

148 words

She wants to be able to fuck forever and ever, and kiss and hug and laugh too. She wants to love but not too often; it was only worth it once and she can always recollect it when she feels like it. Sometimes she just wants to be alone and quiet, think about how to fuck and kiss and hug more; it makes her laugh. Thinking about maybe loving again makes her sad. Sometimes she writes down what she wants or thinks, like: “I want to fuck forever and ever, and kiss and hug and laugh too. I want to love but not too often; it was only worth it once. I won’t write about it because it will only make me sad.” Then she says, “I am going to go and fuck right now, and maybe kiss and hug and laugh too. That will make me happy.”

Perdita

I'm waiting. Why don't you call me? I know that you're very busy, that you're working very hard, and you're very tired. But it wouldn't take you very long to jus call me and tell me "Hi, it's me. I can't talk very long, but I just wanted to tell you that I miss you and I love you." How long would that take? And it would keep me hoping and loving and feeling satisfied for so long.
If I can't see you, atleast let me dream about you. Let me hear you talk to me while I sleep. Feed me. Let me hope. Let me believe. Please call me.

119 words.

Continuation - the Vibrator Scandle

Slowly I turned and faced him.

"I have received, several. Some vorciforous and specific comments relating to the allure of our most popular aid are being copied to each of you."

Sighs and grunts were aired.

"These aids serve an important therapeutic purpose, individuals come rely upon our aids as a palliative. The least we can do is to ensure it works as expected. Each one of you is to try it, I don't care whom you do it with, I am not open for offers.

I want clearly expressed explicit accounts, something I can read privately, ok."

Last edited:
There are 9 possible words that could be taken as nouns, listed below. Works, I should have replaced with Operates.

Comments is a verb transitive – to state a fact or give an opinion.
Allure is a verb transitive – to tempt, entice
Aid is a verb transitive – to provide somebody or something with help or what is needed to achieve something
Copied is a verb transitive – to send a copy to somebody, especially a copy of a letter or document
Grunt is a verb transitive – to make a deep sound in the throat as an annoyed half hearted, or inattentive response
Purpose is a verb transitive – to intend or determine to do something (though it is pushing its use!)
Individuals is a adjective – singular and separate from others in a group or class
Palliative is an adjective – soothing anxieties or other intense emotions
Works is a NOUN (damn) and should be replaced with operates

Wills said:
There are 9 possible words that could be taken as nouns, listed below. Works, I should have replaced with Operates.

Comments is a verb transitive – to state a fact or give an opinion.
Allure is a verb transitive – to tempt, entice
Aid is a verb transitive – to provide somebody or something with help or what is needed to achieve something
Copied is a verb transitive – to send a copy to somebody, especially a copy of a letter or document
Grunt is a verb transitive – to make a deep sound in the throat as an annoyed half hearted, or inattentive response
Purpose is a verb transitive – to intend or determine to do something (though it is pushing its use!)
Individuals is a adjective – singular and separate from others in a group or class
Palliative is an adjective – soothing anxieties or other intense emotions
Works is a NOUN (damn) and should be replaced with operates

Flicka is right, Wills, except that I counted 12 nouns, one of them used three times, although in slightly different forms.

"Comments" is the direct object of the verb "have received".
"Allure" is the object of the preposition "to".
"Aid" is the object of the preposition "of".
"Each" is the object of the preposition "to".
"Sighs" and "grunts" are the subjects of the next sentence.
"Aids" used the second time is the subject of a sentence, although it may be the subject of an independent clause of a compound sentence, depending on what something else was supposed to be.
"Purpose" is the object of the verb "serve".
"Individuals" is the subject of a sentence, if the comma preceding it should have been a period. If the comma should have been a semicolon, then it is the subject of an independent clause of a compound sentence. "Aids" would have been the subject of the other independent clause.
"Aids" used the third time is the object of the preposition, "upon".
"Paliative" is an indirect object of the verb "rely".
"Least" is the subject of a sentence.
"One" is a subject of a sentence.
"Offers" is the object of the preposition "for".
"Works" is a perfectly verb and it could have been replaced by "operates" but it needn't be.

There are many words in the English language, including the ones I mention here that can be nouns or something else, depending on their use in a sentence.

(Puts hat back on and goosesteps away.)

Last edited:
Back