FORM vs content

champagne1982 said:
You were doing it wrong...

Is it bad form to highjack a form vs. content thread with a comment of very little worth?
I think it would be worth a great deal to see how your butt paid for college!

Nice navel, btw. ;)

The_Fool said:

Are you resisting the beautiful chick just below you? Her smile? Her language? Her rose. Or just not (squinting at you) ... ma ... poet enough?

;) lol

I desperately tried to write one. The theme was perfect for the repetitious form: relationship: breaking up, getting back, breaking up and getting back and breaking up and getting back ... and then breaking up. :D Exhausting to go through let alone write, lol, even this last sentance.

I think it is a very challeging 'challenge', but of course it could take months. Have you done sonnets, yet? :)

CharleyH said:
Are you resisting the beautiful chick just below you? Her smile? Her language? Her rose. Or just not (squinting at you) ... ma ... poet enough?

;) lol

I desperately tried to write one. The theme was perfect for the repetitious form: relationship: breaking up, getting back, breaking up and getting back and breaking up and getting back ... and then breaking up. :D Exhausting to go through let alone write, lol, even this last sentance.

I think it is a very challeging 'challenge', but of course it could take months. Have you done sonnets, yet? :)

Iambic Blues

Jester Blues

I think I've got some more around here, but I've forgotten where I put them. On purpose... :p

CharleyH said:

;) lol

My language in that post was a happy face and a rose. One of my less articulate statements. :)

CharleyH said:

;) lol

I have very little resistance to her. Even when it comes to poems.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The_Fool said:
I have very little resistance to her. Even when I comes to poems.... :rolleyes:

Au contraire. If I were irresistable to you, you'd have written that vile sonnet months ago. If you don't watch out, I'll bring Disposa back from exile. She can get you to write anything. Anything. :p

Angeline said:
Au contraire. If I were irresistable to you, you'd have written that vile sonnet months ago. If you don't watch out, I'll bring Disposa back from exile. She can get you to write anything. Anything. :p

Maybe we should introduce Charley to the vile sonnet..... :devil:

Angeline said:
I can't remember what I called mine. Can you write one?

I'll work on it tonight and bump the thread as well...

Angeline said:
My language in that post was a happy face and a rose. One of my less articulate statements. :)

Sometimes the best poetry is without language? :| :rose:

The_Fool said:
I'll work on it tonight and bump the thread as well...

What a guy! You are so stepping up. This is why I love you. :D

I think I'll write a blues sonnet to celebrate. I'm thinking maybe about Jimmy Rushing? You dig him, babe?

CharleyH said:
Sometimes the best poetry is without language? :| :rose:

I know. All written poetry--even the best--is just a chase after the expression of that, imo.

:rose:

Angeline said:
I know. All written poetry--even the best--is just a chase after the expression of that, imo.

:rose:

Ahhh - dreamy - philosopher and poet. Sigh. :rose: :kiss:

( :rolleyes: not a joke people. I respect her very much as the ONLY sestina writer ;) ) :rose:

CharleyH said:
Ahhh - dreamy - philosopher and poet. Sigh. :rose: :kiss:

( :rolleyes: not a joke people. I respect her very much as the ONLY sestina writer ;) ) :rose:

Any one can write sestinas. It's just hard to make them good.

I am here, awake, nervous in my nudity
this place where you always take me
where you always make me bare
naked. It seems I'm here in that somewhere
I've always been less than me
waiting for that someone to make me free.

Can exposure to your eyes set free
the carefree nymph in woodland nudity,
the worshipful soul that is me?
Yet I've been told this isn't up to me
nor can I decide if I wish somewhere,
sometime to fall down and lay myself bare.

Naked isn't just being bare
but a state of being free
from conventions decided somewhere
and of our clothes, in physical nudity.
Whisper my name and call for me,
there in that raw bliss you'll find me.

Search out the woman buried inside me.
Strip my mind and let me bare
my thoughts to the flame that sears me.
As the fire burns it sets vision free
to fly naked in glorious nudity
and find myself lost somewhere.

Okay, I know that there is somewhere
we're permitted to be you and me
nothing more but two in nudity
naked in want, our needs bare.
Can you imagine the joy to be free
yet I bound to you and you to me?

Exposed in nudity hiding somewhere
seeking for me, to promise me
with heart laid bare, I'll at last be free.

Angeline said:

But you speak such volumes with a look. (Or I would imagine so, since you write paragraphs with merely a series of verses.) :cool: :rose:

I love to see the progression
of thoughts on this thread.
I also have been reading ... studying alot. :eek:

So have to Bummp it ~ :D

I came back from holiday to find a friend has a new love in his life who happens to be a literary agent. She is now touting his work around publishers. He has been trying for a couple of years to get an agent who believes in his work but to no avail. The best feedback he previously had about his work before love intervened was 'interesting work but no real market for it.' I'm now having a debate with myself, is it the 'content' of his trousers or the 'form' of his erect penis that his newly acquired agent so admires.

To any available female agent out there, here is a poet who is willing to prostitute himself for the love of his art. I can produce references. (The fictional ones are unfortunately the best)

bogusbrig said:
I came back from holiday to find a friend has a new love in his life who happens to be a literary agent. She is now touting his work around publishers. He has been trying for a couple of years to get an agent who believes in his work but to no avail. The best feedback he previously had about his work before love intervened was 'interesting work but no real market for it.' I'm now having a debate with myself, is it the 'content' of his trousers or the 'form' of his erect penis that his newly acquired agent so admires.

To any available female agent out there, here is a poet who is willing to prostitute himself for the love of his art. I can produce references. (The fictional ones are unfortunately the best)

If there were any agents on this board who could actually publish us, Evie and I would have run off him him/her years ago. :p

:cool: Maybe he doesn't like girls?
Angeline said:
If there were any agents on this board who could actually publish us, Evie and I would have run off him him/her years ago. :p
:catroar:

Back