Fortune Cookie Poetry

If it sounds like poetry, moves like poetry and feels like poetry. It must be poetry.

;)
- Judo

JUDO said:
It is a wise poet who knows when not to write.

;)
- Judo
I'm the epitome of wisdom. Can I use this as an excuse for taking so long with that challenge, Eve? ;)

Unregistered said:
Most poets on Lit. are Ill. . . is not a. . .

What a curious half of a thought here... are well all sick? illinios? and is being illonios not a...what?

JUDO said:
There is a video! Watch channel 69 tonight and you'll see an infomercial all about it. It's only 19.95 and you don't get 100% satisfaction I won't give you your money back!

Unregistered said:
Most poets on Lit. are Ill. . . is not a. . .
is not a what? What? Come on, tell us! The suspense is killing me. Actually, I'm ill. I think I have cooties.

Lauren.Hynde said:
I'm the epitome of wisdom. Can I use this as an excuse for taking so long with that challenge, Eve? ;)
Take your time. (I'm watching the clock. I'm counting down the minutes!) I'm in no hurry. (Hurry up!!!) Whenever is fine with me dear. (You slow ass little poet person!)
:)

WickedEve said:
While working on my site I started tucking little interesting things in here and there on the pages.

Stuff like this:

Air, water and pen are essential to a poet's survival.

[...]
Well, you see what I've come up with kind of sucks... especially the last one. lol Anyone out there more creative? Help!

placebo kills poetry

Wlodzimierz Holsztynski

Originally posted by WickedEve
While working on my site I started tucking little interesting things in here and there on the pages.

Stuff like this
:

[...]

To write poetry is to have no boundaries.

[...]
Well, you see what I've come up with kind of sucks... especially the last one. lol Anyone out there more creative? Help!

poetry or bullshit? --
                    you can't have both!

Wlodzimierz Holsztynski

Last edited:
Who was it that wrote that poem about daffodils? Whoever it was, without various varieties of shit... Well.

Re: Re: Fortune Cookie Poetry

Senna Jawa said:

poetry or bullshit? --
                    you can't have both!

Wlodzimierz Holsztynski
Yes, you can have both. I can have it all. I can have poetry. I can have bullshit. I can have the pleasure of Senna Jawa's comments... oh wait, that's the bullshit! :D

Putting it all together

Eve, having read your, kdog's, and senna's comments, I think the fortune is:

Poetry is bullshit reborn.

or

Poetry rises phoenix-like from the ashes of bullshit.

or

One woman's bullshit is some man's poetry.

or

you get the idea......

Last edited:
Re: re: bull

OT said:
Poetry: Life's compost.
LOL

A. and O.T. you summed poetry and bullshit up nicely. SJ, thank you for showing us the parallel between bullshit and poetry... or did you? No, you didn't. You said one or the other. Oh, how wrong you were. :catgrin:

Senna Jawa said:
Yes, it is a sharp, sarcastic parody indeed.

You must have channeled the sarcasm, SJ, because it wasn't in the original.

;)
- Judo

Back