Fortune Cookie Poetry

"Yes, us poets are strange critters... You can never tell what lurks in the mind of a true artist..."

LdyOnyx

Genius is the capacity to explain quantum physics to a six year old...and they understand it.

Genius is remembering what it was to be a six year old.

Genius can say both of these things without using the word "is."

HomerPindar

Being Chinese-American (like fortune cookies), I really should be able to do this...

Poetry: distilled language

Being Chinese-American (like fortune cookies), I really should be able to do this...

Cordie--lol, you crack me up!

Poetry is imagination given voice.

Last edited:
Cordelia said:

Poetry: distilled language

CORDIEEEEEEEEE! Hey, why should I save all my enthusaism for chat rooms?

(and yes, damnit, that's my fortune cookie for tonite!)

HomerPindar

bullshit like bad poetry offends the nose...
but literary roses , from it can grow

if your poetry has holes in its rhyme then the word worm had been busy( cheesey i know)

Procrastination is one part of my winning formula ,.. ill tell you the rest tomorrow....

HP if Imagination is the Aphrodisiac.
what do i do with the sack of oysters i ordered ?

Cliche? That can't be a cliche? I hear it all the time....

And I happen to like Homer's enthusiasm.

Fortune Cookies

And why do they have to be fortune cookies? I think Eve is being preferential here. How about matzoh fortunes? I could give you plenty of them, like I heard growing up:

"You have nothing to do? In the old country everyone had something to do. I'll give you something to do--go count your blessings!"

"Stop complaining and eat your borscht. Starving children in India would give a right arm for that borscht."

"Of course I'm fine. It's just oooh my heart, but just a twinge. I'm fine. I wouldn't want you to worry. Really....Really."

Oh. I forgot. There are no matzoh fortunes. Never mind.

stargirl32 said:

HP if Imagination is the Aphrodisiac.
what do i do with the sack of oysters i ordered ?

Why...use your imagination, of course...
:p
:D
HomerPindar

Cordelia said:
Cliche? That can't be a cliche? I hear it all the time....

And I happen to like Homer's enthusiasm.

Who said anything about cliches?

(asked while bouncing around the room, juggling a deck of cards and whistling dixie)

HomerPindar

A real poem says something different to every reader
but it always speaks the truth.

Without science, a society does not reach maturity; without poetry, it is never born.

The beauty of poetry is painted in all the colors of life.

HomerPindar said:
Who said anything about cliches?

Homer....

That was a fortune cookie. Didn't mean for it to be confusing.

Cordelia

Cordelia said:
Homer....

That was a fortune cookie. Didn't mean for it to be confusing.

Cordelia

And I suppose if you meant it to be confusing it wouldn't have been then, right? Which would me the only way not to confuse me would be to try to confuse me, although there's no way to know whether this would confuse anyone else...

makes perfect sense
:p
HomerPindar

Poetry is music for the mind.

No worthy words arrive easily.

Time spent holding a pen is time potentially well spent.

As days grow shorter the stanzas lengthen.

Last line...

guilty pleasure said:
Poetry is music for the mind.

No worthy words arrive easily.

Time spent holding a pen is time potentially well spent.

As days grow shorter the stanzas lengthen.

The first two lines seem disconnected, and I am not sure that I agree with the third, :) but the final is a well phrased truism - I really like it! :rose:

Regards,                       Rybka

I actually found this fortune cookie in a Robert Anton Wilson book I was quoting for a paper on Joyce. I also added the fortune cookie in the paper... can't wait to see how the Prof. takes that one :D

Be satisfied with one chapter at a time.

HomerPindar

HomerPindar said:
I actually found this fortune cookie in a Robert Anton Wilson book I was quoting for a paper on Joyce. I also added the fortune cookie in the paper... can't wait to see how the Prof. takes that one :D

Be satisfied with one chapter at a time.

HomerPindar
With the kind of time I have for writing I'm more than satisfied with one paragraph at a time. :D

Re: Last line...

Rybka said:
The first two lines seem disconnected, and I am not sure that I agree with the third, :) but the final is a well phrased truism - I really like it! :rose:

Regards,                       Rybka

They are separate phrases to be used in fortune cookies. Totally unconnected and not intended as poetry at all.

Back