General Response

annaswirls said:
Just sucked all of the cheerios, popcorn, sand and leaves (mostly atomized) from my car..... next to wash the sticky fruit chew remnants from the seats and check the fluids.....

and stack the car with toys... maybe some ear plugs and an electric wire between the two car seats so they don't torment each other all the way...10 hour drive aye aye aye

see y'all on Tuesday
Have fun, J. :kiss:

annaswirls said:
Just sucked all of the cheerios, popcorn, sand and leaves (mostly atomized) from my car..... next to wash the sticky fruit chew remnants from the seats and check the fluids.....

and stack the car with toys... maybe some ear plugs and an electric wire between the two car seats so they don't torment each other all the way...10 hour drive aye aye aye

see y'all on Tuesday
Do what I do: buy the kids a bus ticket and meet them there.

Have a great vacation!
:rose:

annaswirls said:
I was thinking of putting our roof rack to use.

Is that legal?

Creative parenting - goes hand-in-glove with poetry.
But you might need a permit to operate a siren on a moving vehicle..... :devil:

:rose:

annaswirls said:
I was thinking of putting our roof rack to use.

Is that legal?

I think as long as they have good safety glasses and all limbs are strapped down, it'll be ok. But you'll have to light them up somehow. For night driving, ya know...

BooMerengue said:
I think as long as they have good safety glasses and all limbs are strapped down, it'll be ok. But you'll have to light them up somehow. For night driving, ya know...

you can staple their bike reflectors all over them. :)

you people are fucking geniuses.

I will made an addendum to my packing list

duct tape
no cross that out.

Reflective Tape (I draw the line at staples)
Safety glasses
Helmets
Flashlights
and some kind of falsified permit.

oh and a bag of lolipops (you know, for the whole siren thing)

annaswirls said:

duct tape
no cross that out.

Safety glasses
Helmets
Flashlights

No... we're not fucking geniuses (well, maybe Pat is) we're parents! Or grandparents! We know the important shit!

btw- you can buy Glo In The Dark spray paint. Saves on staples, you know? And they'll still be glowing for the return trip!

Where are you going?

twelveoone said:
I have no problems with fans, I am one of annaswirls and WickedEve. I have a problem with "fan mentality", where whatever the idol writes is the "greatest thing ever" and "I'll get whoever disagrees"
I have a problem with building a fan base when it gets in the way of real comments and real effort. I have gotten a few comments (and 5's) where I am not sure the person read it.

I have no problem with popular, as long as people realize popular is not the same as great.

As you may have noticed I have quit leaving comments, because a "4" has become as odious as a "1", the people I left "4"'s on, I had respect for - they are off their game. In no way was it meant to imply it was less than "5" left on a lighter piece. I am truly sorry it is seen that way.
Nor will I "bell curve" it as some seem to advocate, as really a 1 or 2 is just a waste of my time, and serves no purpose to the writer, nor do I intend to comment and vote on everything I read, that is a waste of my time and the writers.

I suppose I won't be leaving many comments, as either I'm seeing something that is not there, or saying something that I shouldn't.

I was a fan of YDD, and have not been the same since Christmas. Bless you whoever you were.

I have NOT read the whole post on this subject, as a matter of fact I have read what you had to say and Dulac's response.
To me numbers mean zilch because of so many one or unibombers who have visited this site. A fan club is just that or as said 'fluffers'.
I have seen so many leave, I have seen so many political explosions over honest and helpful comments and suggestions as most are intended to be...at least the serious writers and kind people of this board.
I do not see the state of this board but still see many friends here...and I won't name names because there are still many and I DO NOT wish to forget or exclude any.
If this board has gone to crap, then take control. Screw the point system, post your suggestions, comments, pick one poet and help. This was what Lit was about back in the days...
Mourn Eve and Ange's departure, but take what they taught, show you have learnt from them, for what they stood and represented. (anyone who is reading this yet not one person in particular)...who knows, maybe this is what they want. Why should the board lay on their shoulders. People get burnt out (not saying they are)
YDD was excellent, I did not always agree with his critics, but who does. I did not always feel he understood or read right some of what I wrote, but who does completely?

Politics will always he here, unibombers and fan clubs will always be here, but if this board goes to crap...wont it be because "we" have not learnt and "we" do not care?

just my opinion :heart:

BooMerengue said:
No... we're not fucking geniuses (well, maybe Pat is) we're parents! Or grandparents! We know the important shit!

btw- you can buy Glo In The Dark spray paint. Saves on staples, you know? And they'll still be glowing for the return trip!

Where are you going?

omg they have glo in the dark spray paint????

where have I been??? That would be useful for amusement parks and other places we might lose them in the dark

The neighborhood kids painted our deck pink blue and purple with chalk paint today.... maybe we can make it glow...

We are on our way to Massachusetts. 6 year old still not asleep. Since he has his tonsils out he can BREATHE and not snore himself in and out of restless sleep. Which is good. But he needs a lot less sleep now. And wakes up happy :)

annaswirls said:

duct tape
no cross that out.

Safety glasses
Helmets
Flashlights

I prefer ropes, but duck tape will do :D Oh and cotton candy is preferrable. :D :devil:

anybody seen Gresham lately?

1201 seems to be one friendless fucking bastard, just my opinion though.

I guess when you say things like that you should put one of these :)

makes everything alright.

Back