Goals as a writer

my goals?

Well I write minimum 7 pages (of anything) per day. I want to be up to 10 pages per day by December.

So as that suggests, I plan on going pro. Scripts mostly. movies, comics etc. I've written a bunch but everything's rated PG so this is a way for me to let loose a bit and learn from writing things I don't normally write about. I get to swear... I get to have people have sex etc. It's good fun!

Actually, I hate writing :) It's hard hard work. I just like the result of writing. That's what keeps me doing it. But I'm still not that good so I'm sure that's part of why I find it so hard.

Just wanted to update and say that I have gotten my 100 submissions. Also a goal was a score over last years survivor winning total. I have that now as well. So there are still a few goals I have to reach but I'm positive about the outlook so far.

Me, my goals as a writer are just to improve and hopefully provide some readers with a bit of entertainment. I do it more out of my own enjoyment but it's nice to think at least one other person has read it.

My secondary purpose is to help with my writing outside of erotica. I actually took up writing erotica to help with my other writing because I figured if you can write about that end of the spectrum I should be able to develop better character chemistry in my other writing.

So I guess my "practice" won't be done until I write that one submission which polls over a hundred votes and averages a perfect 5.0. Until then I can improve .....

Back to Writing .....

Fly ...

my goals

my goal is to be a well rounded author that's actually why I joined the lit. I can write the non erotic stories and the essays and the like but II needed to be able to have the ability to work outside my comfort zones. I'm still working on that as I've only submitted stories to the lesbian category and poetry to the non erotic poetry section but I'm working on it my first to stories recived high votes

The Bitch ch 1 and

The Bitch ch 2

while my third story did not rate as well which I imagine is because it's going more toward romance than out and out sex but it's fine because I'm happiest with this story and the way it's progressing as I work on it while my other seris of stories are a bit more firvolous and a bit easier to write. I do love a struggle.

my girl

Ps my poetry (not surprisingly) doesn't get that many veiws or votes but I imagine that would be based on the fact that this is an erotic site and not that many people are in search of non erotic poetry. Or the less pleasent possibility being that my poetry is really bad (good thing I didn't poor my heart into it huh Lol):kiss:

poetry submissons

Last edited:
I would like not to have time to prowl these boards or think of erotic stories, because I'm too busy writing salable stories and hawking them out to people who have previously paid me for others.

I would like the great comic novel finished after all these years, so I can start thinking of new characters and situations.

I just want to practice my writing. At this very moment my only aim is to get the three stories I started done. I seem to be great at starting stories but never getting past the third page. :eek:

When I first submitted stories to Lit, my goals were: to write stories people enjoyed reading; to develop my skills and polish my style so I could write stories that someone somewhere would pay me for; finally to write and get published a novel.

I think that I have achieved goal one because I have sold some stories - I am no Stephen King and I do not earn fantastic money but when I get a mail saying your PayPal account has been credited with ... it feels great.

Number three is work in progress provisionally entitled "Enslaving Lucy Saddler". This is why I have posted very few stories on Lit this year - something that I feel guilty about. I am 14 chapters in and the present word count is around 45k or just over.

jon:devil: :devil: :devil:

BTW Chicklet has a great part finished Novella, which we should all encourage her to finish.

Invid Writer said:
my goals?

Well I write minimum 7 pages (of anything) per day. I want to be up to 10 pages per day by December.

So as that suggests, I plan on going pro. Scripts mostly. movies, comics etc. I've written a bunch but everything's rated PG so this is a way for me to let loose a bit and learn from writing things I don't normally write about. I get to swear... I get to have people have sex etc. It's good fun!

Actually, I hate writing :) It's hard hard work. I just like the result of writing. That's what keeps me doing it. But I'm still not that good so I'm sure that's part of why I find it so hard.

I don't think I can best that. Ditto. Are you me?

As a writer most of the stuff I do is market specific, but I've still got a hard drive full of stories that are never gonna be commercial. Literotica's a great home for some of these orphans !

As to my goal here, it's to win a competition. The halloween one, hopefully.

Master_Vassago said:
Just wanted to update and say that I have gotten my 100 submissions. Also a goal was a score over last years survivor winning total. I have that now as well. So there are still a few goals I have to reach but I'm positive about the outlook so far.

It's so sad, really... All that hard work you do, and you're STILL not gonna beat me!:D

Svenskaflicka said:
It's so sad, really... All that hard work you do, and you're STILL not gonna beat me!:D

Well, Svenska, we will see:D, who's to say I don't have a backup of stories just waiting to submit on the last day of the year?
But at least it's good competition and friendly fun.

Back