Gratuitous Anything Thread

Re: Instant Muse Karma

Angeline said:
Need help coming up with an idea for a poem. Look what I found! It's the

Instant Muse Poetry Generator.

That's right. Use it and you're just a click away from the first line of a new poem. :D

Have fun.

:rose:
Tips to consider before you proceed:

Don't press "create" over and over until you get a line you like: random input must be truly random, not selected, to be valuable as a jumping-off point.

click, create: In the kettle of paradox the cages milk, click, create: In the attic of gravity the whalers gaze, click, create: In the matrix of harmony the children groan, click, create: In the kitchen of oppression the tombs gain

;) I guess I blew that all to hell...

- neo
wonders
about paradoxes
that cages milk.

Re: Re: Instant Muse Karma

neonurotic said:
click, create: In the kettle of paradox the cages milk, click, create: In the attic of gravity the whalers gaze, click, create: In the matrix of harmony the children groan, click, create: In the kitchen of oppression the tombs gain

;) I guess I blew that all to hell...

- neo
wonders
about paradoxes
that cages milk.

Don't sweat it my dear. I did the same thing. (And quickly decided I didn't want to write a poem that started with "In the...." Oh well. Maybe I'll be hard up for a first line one of these days and "In the..." will sound pretty good).

:)

Re: Re: Re: Instant Muse Karma

Angeline said:
Don't sweat it my dear. I did the same thing. (And quickly decided I didn't want to write a poem that started with "In the...." Oh well. Maybe I'll be hard up for a first line one of these days and "In the..." will sound pretty good).

in the moment
between breaths
he found a tattered
sense of worth

scattered images
of the year gone by
scrapbook pictures
ragged, torn edges

trashcan overflowing
with emotions
he’d thrown away
only saving numbness

in the moment
between breaths
he found the will
to turn away.

Sorry cutes....couldn't resist...:D

Re: Re: Re: Instant Muse Karma

Angeline said:

A-ha! I didn't even see that "In the..." until you just mentioned.

;)

Yuck.

Eve is talking about Sonnets in another thread.

Hey Ange,

Here is a challenge for you. Write a blues sonnet in reversed iambic. You know, DUHduh DUHduh, etc...

Fooooooolish

The_Fool said:
Yuck.

Hey Ange,

Here is a challenge for you. Write a blues sonnet in reversed iambic. You know, DUHduh DUHduh, etc...

Fooooooolish
Oh, bite my pussy. Or is that bite my ass? Anyway, bite me.

The_Fool said:
Yuck.

Hey Ange,

Fooooooolish

No.

I don wanna.

It sounds horrible. lol.

I have an idea for a challenge thoug but if I post it I have to do it too, right?

:D

WickedEve said:
Oh, bite my pussy. Or is that bite my ass? Anyway, bite me.

You're letting that av near you?

And your sig line is hysterical.

It reminds me of the time the preschool teacher called me into her office and said "Tell your son to stop explaining infinity to the other children. He's confusing them." (He told me--at age four-- "infinity is when numbers never stop." Works for me...)

Chip off the old block. lol.

Angeline said:
No.

I don wanna.

It sounds horrible. lol.

I have an idea for a challenge thoug but if I post it I have to do it too, right?

:D

Of course I have to....Unless it is physically, emotionally or intellectually impossible. Or unless I wanna be a wimp....

The_Fool said:
Of course I have to....Unless it is physically, emotionally or intellectually impossible. Or unless I wanna be a wimp....

so if i post a challenge, you'll write? or be a wimp?

Angeline said:
so if i post a challenge, you'll write? or be a wimp?

Are you going to write it too?

I'll do it, no promises when I can get it done.

The_Fool said:
Are you going to write it too?

I'll do it, no promises when I can get it done.

lol. you don't even know what it is yet!

but ok. you convinced me. i'll make it a thanksgiving challenge--that'll buy us some time, lol.

Angeline said:

but ok. you convinced me. i'll make it a thanksgiving challenge--that'll buy us some time, lol.

Damn....Can we make Eve do it too? No, wait a minute, what am I saying. Neither one of you can do this because I suck (at poetry) next to you guys....

Angeline said:

that challenge sounds like a real turkey... yuck, yuck, yuck... (hey, I'm sick and on antibiotics, so give me a break!)

WickedEve said:
that challenge sounds like a real turkey... yuck, yuck, yuck... (hey, I'm sick and on antibiotics, so give me a break!)

Hmmmmm......only gonna blow kisses at ya then if you are sick...

The_Fool said:
Hmmmmm......only gonna blow kisses at ya then if you are sick...
I have larry in guy tis.
And I'm sick in the head, too--but so is larry.

WickedEve said:
I have larry in guy tis.
And I'm sick in the head, too--but so is larry.

Hmmmm....So if I step on your foot, you could neither scream nor run away. This has possibilities.......

The_Fool said:
Hmmmm....So if I step on your foot, you could neither scream nor run away. This has possibilities.......
Not the foot. Remember the toe thing?

Laryngitis

from black tea,
with honey and cream,
to spiced chai,
then mint, yet

I can't scream,
only bottom-lip whimpers
of bitten sighs.

The_Fool said:
Damn....Can we make Eve do it too? No, wait a minute, what am I saying. Neither one of you can do this because I suck (at poetry) next to you guys....

Eve owes me a challenge poem! And she knows why! It's because she started that Disco Inferno poem challenge and then forgot about it. And I actually wrote a sonnet called Disco Inferno, which is one of the stupidest things I've ever written. Perks, on the other hand, wrote a gorgeous poem for that challenge.

But I digress.

As usual.

Angeline said:
Eve owes me a challenge poem! And she knows why! It's because she started that Disco Inferno poem challenge and then forgot about it. And I actually wrote a sonnet called Disco Inferno, which is one of the stupidest things I've ever written. Perks, on the other hand, wrote a gorgeous poem for that challenge.

But I digress.

As usual.
What? I'm suppose to write a disco inferno poem? I have laryngitis and I can't write. Really. But I have started on the T.G. challenge. :)

WickedEve said:
What? I'm suppose to write a disco inferno poem? I have laryngitis and I can't write. Really. But I have started on the T.G. challenge. :)

No, no, no more disco poems! Ever! I hate disco! I'm sorry I brought it up, lol. (Although I never have been able to totally lose that image of shambling John Travolta zombies. It's too funny.)

Angeline said:
No, no, no more disco poems! Ever! I hate disco! I'm sorry I brought it up, lol. (Although I never have been able to totally lose that image of shambling John Travolta zombies. It's too funny.)
Oh, I remember the zombies. Let's just not talk about it anymore. lol

Back