GWB's cheese has slid off his cracker!

BooMerengue said:
Ange? Remind me again what a 'found' poem is?

I want to do an Illustrated Poem on this. I have a pic of this 8 yr old girl on a camping trip in So Dakota, who's Daddy stopped the car and let her go look at the wild horses that "the Indians used in their glory days" said daddy. If I could put just half the excitement and dreams that were in that girls head into words it would make a fine poem!

But the pic is stuck on a harddrive who's A drive is disconnected, and I don't know how to fix it...

*sob

*weep

okay boo is the muse
I drew some horses on computer when I first got one long agao, I guess I am gonna go find it and meet BOO's challenge..<grinin'"

no A drive and no online and no printer/scanner, then the pic is stuck

BooMerengue said:
This is off topic here completely, but poets are gentle souls, right? Read this and write your representatives... this is disgusting, and has me in a rage!

Wild horses

This could be a challenge topic, I think...

Your Reps!!
This IS what has you upset? I'm sure if you looked...and not too far...

BooMerengue said:
Ange? Remind me again what a 'found' poem is?

I want to do an Illustrated Poem on this. I have a pic of this 8 yr old girl on a camping trip in So Dakota, who's Daddy stopped the car and let her go look at the wild horses that "the Indians used in their glory days" said daddy. If I could put just half the excitement and dreams that were in that girls head into words it would make a fine poem!

But the pic is stuck on a harddrive who's A drive is disconnected, and I don't know how to fix it...

*sob

*weep

It's a poem made from someone else's words all flipped around. So say you take the Gettysburg Address. You'd used whatever of the words you want from it to make a poem of your own.

:rose:

twelveoone said:
This IS what has you upset? I'm sure if you looked...and not too far...

BooMerengue said:
1201? I don't know what you mean here...

boo

i've been waiting for 1201 to clarify his statement for you. he probably just didn't see your request, so i'll try to do it for him. if i misinterpreted him, he can correct me.

i think his point was that with all the human horrors present in our world on a daily basis, you choose the slaughtering of horses for food as one that deserves attention and action?

i think he was making a statement about perspective.

PatCarrington said:
boo

i've been waiting for 1201 to clarify his statement for you. he probably just didn't see your request, so i'll try to do it for him. if i misinterpreted him, he can correct me.

i think his point was that with all the human horrors present in our world on a daily basis, you choose the slaughtering of horses for food as one that deserves attention and action?

i think he was making a statement about perspective.

perspective or value...either way, we're each entitled to our causes, which is why I think Boo didn't get his point, right Boo.

Just sayin--not that anyone asked. :D

Angeline said:
perspective or value...either way, we're each entitled to our causes, which is why I think Boo didn't get his point, right Boo.

Just sayin--not that anyone asked. :D

i agree, loudmouth. :D

Thanks, Pat and Ange.

I DO have a strong feeling for our natural resources. I'm also against drilling for oil in Alaska, I vote Pro life, but I'm anti abortion (Government has no place in a woman's personal decisions) etc.

How can one person take on all the things in the world that need fixing? It's impossible. So the best thing we can do is pick the ones that are dear to us. My money donations go to Barry Sheck's Innocence Project, the ACLU, Mother Theresa, and The American Rifle Assoc.

1201 doesn't talk to me, nor does he answer when I email him, so now I ignore him. But if he wants to belittle my loves, that just shows his own narrow focus.

I had forgotten about this thread, but thanks for taking the time. Hugs and kisses- you two divide them up however. LOL

BooMerengue said:
Thanks, Pat and Ange.

I DO have a strong feeling for our natural resources. I'm also against drilling for oil in Alaska, I vote Pro life, but I'm anti abortion (Government has no place in a woman's personal decisions) etc.

How can one person take on all the things in the world that need fixing? It's impossible. So the best thing we can do is pick the ones that are dear to us. My money donations go to Barry Sheck's Innocence Project, the ACLU, Mother Theresa, and The American Rifle Assoc.

1201 doesn't talk to me, nor does he answer when I email him, so now I ignore him. But if he wants to belittle my loves, that just shows his own narrow focus.

I had forgotten about this thread, but thanks for taking the time. Hugs and kisses- you two divide them up however. LOL

:kiss:

back atcha gf

I think I made my feelings clear about GWB in my latest poem poem (just incase anyone missed the subtle analogy between a C*nt and a Bush)... that man really is a (pretty much) untapped source of literary vitriol and provides a wonderful excuse to dust off some cuss words.

Any fellow detractors of the man will be pleased to know that Britain is currently in the midst of some major wrangling of the legal status of the war on Iraq. Apparently the Attorney general (Lord Goldsmith, the highest judge in the land... who still happens to have political affiliation and no objectivity) deemed the war to be illegal, until he was pressured into changing his mind. Although this has little direct effect on America's involvement in the war (I call it a war, but a war is like a game of football, it really does need two opposing sides) if found to be true it would highlight the legal wrongness of the war (please note 'legal' in that last utterance, I'm not going to get into morals here) and would highlight some pretty interesting things about why the UK decided to go along on the little crusade... You see the timing of Lord Goldsmiths change in decision coincided with Blairs return from a visit to GWB's ranch, where it was long suspected the deal to go to war was struck (however, if a deal was struck, I've still to see what we brits get from it... are we guaranteed a cut of the oil, some slaves, what? Or by joining the coalition of the willing do we just get the opportunity to enforce Draconian measures upon our own population?).

Boo, i received a letter from my state rep saying that a bill has been sent up, "American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act", which is now under review. It looks like it will probably fly.

go mustangs!

At the risk of being lynched...

There's some forgotten issues underneath this whole horse thing.

1. Horses were re-introduced to the North American continent by the spaniards. I think the last time equines naturally roamed the plains was back before the land bridge between Russia and Alaska sank, so I feel like the wild horses should be considered more along the lines of parasites or an intrusive non-native species than a symbol of America's enduring freedom.

2. Much like the white tail deer population, all of this genteel concern will eventually result in over population and all of the lovely things that go along with that - starvation, disease, encroachment into suburban areas (hence possibly negative interactions/clashes with humans and their properly cared for stock- maybe not to the extremes as recent occurances of people attacked by mountain lions but still not a good thing), ect. I would rather the USA make money off the animals than the animals stoically starve to death.

3. When we start putting the horses ahead of the needs of humans there is something wrong. Why are the ranchers considered to be the bad guys here? What did they do to you? That's their job, their livelyhood, and to take that away from them so some feral, not wild, horses can screw up their grazing land and put them and their families in the welfare line (i.e. our tax dollars at use) because we don't think their sweat and toil and rights rank above a bunch of mangy horses is just sick. I just don't see where the logic is here. And that meat that is being sold could very well be helping starving PEOPLE out there. Why don't we pack them up by the cargo hold load and ship them to ailing nations around the world? Make them a charitable gift to prevent the senseless deaths of thousands, or make them working animals on struggling farms. Then their existance would at least have a purpose.

So there are my two cents. I'm sure to get some flack for it but I think a realistic look at the issue was in order.

I heard on NPR that Italy is the largest consumer of American horse meat. What in the heck do they do with it? Can you buy a horse burger in Bologne? A stallion stew in Sicily? Is American Roan the secret to good ravioli?
postobitum said:

1. Horses were re-introduced to the North American continent by the spaniards. I think the last time equines naturally roamed the plains was back before the land bridge between Russia and Alaska sank, so I feel like the wild horses should be considered more along the lines of parasites or an intrusive non-native species than a symbol of America's enduring freedom.

2. Much like the white tail deer population, all of this genteel concern will eventually result in over population and all of the lovely things that go along with that - starvation, disease, encroachment into suburban areas (hence possibly negative interactions/clashes with humans and their properly cared for stock- maybe not to the extremes as recent occurances of people attacked by mountain lions but still not a good thing), ect. I would rather the USA make money off the animals than the animals stoically starve to death.

3. When we start putting the horses ahead of the needs of humans there is something wrong. Why are the ranchers considered to be the bad guys here? What did they do to you? That's their job, their livelyhood, and to take that away from them so some feral, not wild, horses can screw up their grazing land and put them and their families in the welfare line (i.e. our tax dollars at use) because we don't think their sweat and toil and rights rank above a bunch of mangy horses is just sick. I just don't see where the logic is here. And that meat that is being sold could very well be helping starving PEOPLE out there. Why don't we pack them up by the cargo hold load and ship them to ailing nations around the world? Make them a charitable gift to prevent the senseless deaths of thousands, or make them working animals on struggling farms. Then their existance would at least have a purpose.

So there are my two cents. I'm sure to get some flack for it but I think a realistic look at the issue was in order.

They probably turn around and sell it back to us for dogfood. Secretly, I'd kinda like to know what horse tastes like. Maybe we should be looking at that anyway, what if Mad Cow disease really gets a foothold in America? That's a damned impossible one to deal with, you can't even use the land for cattle or sheep anymore once you've had an outbreak. I don't know if horses are susceptable but if they're not they could be our new beef. :eek:

Personally I would order the Grilled Englich Cob salad with a side of Appaloosa Sauce.

postobitum said:
They probably turn around and sell it back to us for dogfood. Secretly, I'd kinda like to know what horse tastes like. Maybe we should be looking at that anyway, what if Mad Cow disease really gets a foothold in America? That's a damned impossible one to deal with, you can't even use the land for cattle or sheep anymore once you've had an outbreak. I don't know if horses are susceptable but if they're not they could be our new beef. :eek:

Personally I would order the Grilled Englich Cob salad with a side of Appaloosa Sauce.
I dunno; could you eat something that you had just ridden hard?
;)

Rhahall-Whitfield Amendment to the FY2006 Interior Appropriations Bill. This amendemt past the House with a 249 - 159 vote, and prohibits the use of funds for the sale of slaughter of wild free-roaming horses and burros.

Right on. Good we don't need the money. And the horses will be provided for just fine; that's why associations are formed and where I put my donations along with many other justly causes. That's all I have to say.

postobitum said:

crap.

neonurotic said:
Rhahall-Whitfield Amendment to the FY2006 Interior Appropriations Bill. This amendemt past the House with a 249 - 159 vote, and prohibits the use of funds for the sale of slaughter of wild free-roaming horses and burros.

Right on. Good we don't need the money. And the horses will be provided for just fine; that's why associations are formed and where I put my donations along with many other justly causes. That's all I have to say.

I am truly, madly, deeply in love with you, baby! Just so you know.

Back