Hearing or Seeing?

Re: input appreciated

bridgetkeeney said:
I appreciate all the thoughtful comments.

My friend had issues with a dad watching his son have sex. The listening wasn't a big deal to him. As some of you pointed out, it is less intrusive.

There is nothing sexual going on between the son and dad, just that they both end up having sex with her at separate times.

I think I will stick with the original line and have him see and hear, unless someone has a good reason not to.

:rose: b

a few pennies worth of thought

From the woman's perspective, since she does them both anyway, she would not mind (and even want) the father to have seen. If you can keep the spotlight on how she is feeling and reacting, then having the father see them is probably hottest.

From the son's perspective, as long as he never finds out, or finds out after the fact, it doesn't matter too much. After the fact, it's fodder for bragging rights and macho he-man chest banging. If he actually saw his father during the act, then the "normal" reaction would be along the lines of wilting.

From the father's perspective, if he sees "her" having sex, it adds to his lust for her. If he sees "them" having sex, then in my brain it crosses into the gray area of squeamish. When/If you describe what he sees, it's the curve of her whatever that sticks in his mind.

I think it's like a m..mf scene (when the intended audience is *pure* hetero) the story and virtually all description revolves around the female. No matter how many mmmmm's are in the equation, as if by magic, the guys never bump or touch each other.

In your story, the challenge is to have her see the father, the father see her, but draw no attention to the father and son seeing each other.

bridgetkeeney said:

In one scene the father either just hears or hears and sees the girl and son having sex. My friend thought that him seeing them have sex crossed a line. (male friend)

Why? Given some of what people post here that seems pretty tame. If it does not bother you, then post it. I hardly expect you are going to get waves of complaints, more likely some barely literate soul will tell you how hot it is.

I think that allowing the father to see his son in action, can add more to his character. He could be proud of the way his son has sex, and can be hot for his son's girlfriend.

Just hearing, you can have the father's imagination drive him crazy, but I think that the reader should be the ones driven crazy by what the father sees.

Back