Hello From My Englishness

Hi dragon. Hey Ruthie. Hello Hallie.

@where_is_RUTH is there good snowboarding in the UK, or do you have to trek over to France or Switzerland?

Last edited:
For a long time we've not been able to edit some of these features.
As I now can,,, I did.

Places I've played on the snow.
Canada Italy but usually french Alps.
Regret a opportunity in Wanaka (as I'm fairly certain I'll never return)

Pol is of course absolutely right, the are some glorious Scottish lines/piste/cross country... But when there's great snow there's usually no access... When there's access the snow is ice.

Covid has clipped wings for the moment.

Places I need to visit (for snow). Norway and Japan.
Best place... Canada. You rock.

And if the USA chills out, maybe one day I'll return. 🥳

Well lookie here…. The old gang. I have absolutely no idea what’s going on around here nowadays but I love that there are some names I still know. And thank you very much for my mention in the OP Angelica. I hope you remember me.

SL!!!!!! Oh my word!!!
It's been ages, lovely. What brings you back here?
You hope that I remember you???
How could any of the Hello from London'ers forget you?

SL!!!!!! Oh my word!!!
It's been ages, lovely. What brings you back here?
You hope that I remember you???
How could any of the Hello from London'ers forget you?
I don’t know why I’m back if I’m honest…. I was good for soooo long but virtue is so… so…. overrated. I didn’t expect the old gang to be here so lovely to see you all.

I don’t know why I’m back if I’m honest…. I was good for soooo long but virtue is so… so…. overrated. I didn’t expect the old gang to be here so lovely to see you all.

We’re here in fits and starts.

As for me, every time that virtue comes round, vice is right there waiting with a cricket bat or badminton racquet or exceedingly long word that is mainly consonants, especially g, y, ff, and ll. If one of those double L’s hits you straight on, that’s gonna leave a mark. Virtue doesn’t stand a chance.

You mean words like this Angelica,
llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
I think I spelt it correctly.

You mean words like this Angelica,
llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
I think I spelt it correctly.
I believe the Kiwi's have the longest place name now.
Bloody loved living in NZ (sorry Oz)
And old or new I've never minded... As long as you've seen Blues Brothers
"We're on a mission from God"
"I'm getting the band back together"

I'll second that! I have also taken a bit of a Lit break so am finding my way around again...

Hi all. Hope you don't mind the intrusion. I'm also back from a bit of a break, although I'd not seen this thread previously - but when I saw the title I clicked, and thought I'd join in.

I'll second that! I have also taken a bit of a Lit break so am finding my way around again...
Hey stranger! Good to see you round here again.

Hi all. Hope you don't mind the intrusion. I'm also back from a bit of a break, although I'd not seen this thread previously - but when I saw the title I clicked, and thought I'd join in.
No intrusion at all. I’m afraid that we might disappoint, as the thread isn’t as active anymore.

Pours himself a pint

Puts the dog bowl on the floor (full) plus a handful of dog biscuits

Buts some Brian Adams on the jukebox (coz I'm feeling a bit of an arse)

Regrets not sitting in the beer garden

(And your lucky it's not Ryan Adams)

Personally I can eat anything (and I know I'm lucky that way) but I know too many people with Crohn's so I'm happy to pop to the shop for *anything* edible...

You want caviar though, I'm not paying (there's a cap)

It's been far to dry this spring. Nice, but ecologically it's no good.

Back