here's what they're saying about us in the General Board!

A visitor from the GB

:devil:

Thank you sexy-girl for the invite and to the folks on this thread extending a welcoming hand.

I think the most honest way to present myself here would be to describe myself as interested / curious.

I am glad the consensus on lurking is good because I haven't been to this forum previously and would rather be a little more informed before asking what may be foolish or inappropriate questions.

*moves further back into the shadows*

Re: A visitor from the GB

Synnerman said:

Thank you sexy-girl for the invite and to the folks on this thread extending a welcoming hand.

I think the most honest way to present myself here would be to describe myself as interested / curious.

I am glad the consensus on lurking is good because I haven't been to this forum previously and would rather be a little more informed before asking what may be foolish or inappropriate questions.

*moves further back into the shadows*

Welcome, Synnerman...

I just want to remind you that there are no foolish questions here... If you have one ask it, because I can almost guarantee you that there is someone out there with the same question and just not able to ask it...

So you see, you do every one a favor by asking questions.

Oh well shit, now I have to take off all of my formal wear to post. I read on that other board this was a formal place and rushed to my closet to get my fancies out. LOL

I am real aware we have lurkers here. I like looking at the hit vs post stats. That tells a nice story.

The thing I like best here is we are like minded people. This can include the curious or the 24/7 couple. We all have a desire to know more.

I was told as a kid the only stupid question was the one not asked. I live by that. Hopefully if our lurkers have a comment or question they will feel free to do so now.

If being rhetorical means...

not making up fantasy sh__ and/or putting my personal business in the street for others to jerk off to: then consider me guilty as charged.

Ebonyfire <Those who can do: I do very well thank you!>

Re: Re: A visitor from the GB

cellis said:

Welcome, Synnerman...

I just want to remind you that there are no foolish questions here... If you have one ask it, because I can almost guarantee you that there is someone out there with the same question and just not able to ask it...

So you see, you do every one a favor by asking questions.

Point taken Cellis.

HotXBunz, I agree, I taught my own kids the same thing about questions. Sometimes the teacher forgets the lesson, thanks for reminding me.

Re: Re: *s* Duely back from reading

Thank god! I am glad it's not some evolutionary thing. I'm just too old to adapt to something like that!

sexy-girl said:
thanks hecate :)

and monster its a world cup bra ... those are meant to be footballs on the bra :) ... its not actually me or anything in the av though

cymbidia said:
I've just returned from a second reading of that thread and ihave to say that it makes me a little sad that people such as pcg and sillyman, people who are obviously thinkers and who may have some real questions - small or not - feel inhibited about posting here.

Are we really scary?
Why?

No, Cym, I don't find y'all scary. Yes, I have questions, and maybe someday soon, I'll feel comfortable posting them. It's not YOU, the people of the board that are intimidating to me... it's the thought of posting at all. It took me forever to get enough courage up to post on the GB. I'm shy, I'm reserved, and often, I think that I have very little to say or contribute. *shrug* When I feel that I can post here, saying what I want to say, in the way I want it said, you'll be one of the first to know. Ok?

It's astonishing to me that anyone would think what we do within the privacy and security of our own love relationships, and always consensually too, could possibly be threatening to them.

Can someone explain to me why? WHY do some people on the GB feel that we're...we're...exclusionary? We all (almost) go to great lengths to be as inclusive as is possible of a huge variety of sexual differences and needs; how could, why would, anyone feel differently? I'm honestly puzzled by this.

I don't feel that you're exclusionary. I apologize if you think that I implied that. It's a different culture. Feels a lot like taking my middle class white rural-ness into the big city to go to the opera... it would take some getting used to, and I'd be apprehensive. Not because I think the city is BAD, but because it's not in my realm of experience...

<snip>

pagancowgirl said:
It's not YOU, the people of the board that are intimidating to me... it's the thought of posting at all. It took me forever to get enough courage up to post on the GB. I'm shy, I'm reserved, and often, I think that I have very little to say or contribute. *shrug* When I feel that I can post here, saying what I want to say, in the way I want it said, you'll be one of the first to know. Ok?
Okay. but i have to say, pcg, that i find you among the most consistently intelligent, thoughtful and erudite posters at Lit. We'd welcome such a mind in here, darlin'. We're slower and more deeply introspective than the GB. Might be a nice change of pace on occasion.
I don't feel that you're exclusionary. I apologize if you think that I implied that. It's a different culture.
No apology necessary.

And you're right: it is a different culture here. We're a cultural splinter group, pcg, definitely. Top that with the fact that most nilla folk come in here (IF they come in here) with all those boogeyman BDSM societal stereotypes pretty firmly ensconsced in the forefront of thier brains. What we get, then, as far as curious nillas, are often people who are kinda skeptical about posting *anything* to a bunch of freaks like we must be.

But we're not. And BDSM isn't gonna turn out to be anything like you've heard it is, either. Hang around and find out.
;)

Last edited:
scary?

First have to say that I have no actual experience with BSDM. Have been reading new stories and poems on Lit. and have read a couple of stories along this line that were interesting.

Why scary?

First of all this material is totally avoided in the mainstream media implying that it is at least boring if not evil.

Secondly it appears, on the surface at least, to be indulging in what would be considered 'negative emotions' which are socialized out of most people in childhood. i.e. Anger. The impulse of an angry child is to attack the offender and destroy it. When people see restraints or whips or what ever they see indulgence in 'destructive childish behaviour'.

Costumes/props. For most people sex is just sex- body to body. Just drawing in hardware is intimidating'

Implications in the whole scene of violence and conflict which most people strive to avoid.

Also SLG - like your new atavar. Thanks

Re: scary?

callableborg said:
First of all this material is totally avoided in the mainstream media implying that it is at least boring if not evil.

Secondly it appears, on the surface at least, to be indulging in what would be considered 'negative emotions' which are socialized out of most people in childhood. i.e. Anger. The impulse of an angry child is to attack the offender and destroy it. When people see restraints or whips or what ever they see indulgence in 'destructive childish behaviour'.

Costumes/props. For most people sex is just sex- body to body. Just drawing in hardware is intimidating'

Implications in the whole scene of violence and conflict which most people strive to avoid.
:D
Like i said: the boogeyman BDSM societal stereotypes abound!

callableborg? We're, uh, just regular people who do our sexuality a little differently than you. And we don't play with angry people, either. Angry people and SSC BDSM just don't mix. (SSC = Safe, Sane, and Consensual and is the closest thing we have to a unifying motto.)

Stick around.
Read a few threads.
I'm offering you a whole new view of reality here...
:rose:

cymbidia

Cool. Will stay on this thread and see what happens.

Not trying to accuse or re-enforce stereotypes but just tossing out an impression of why the territory could be projecting as 'scary'.

Have only read some random short stories in this area although I can see that domination/submission, bondage etc. could open up some issues and opportunities.

Will stay tuned.

OK, I feel like there has been a line cast into the murky depths and I have been snagged. I lurk. You've called me out with your siren song. I rarely post on this forum (or any forum lately due to my state of mind at the moment) but I am here. I read your words and explore my feelings on these matters. My general 'posting style' does not lend itself well over here. I am one to post a brief and often ascerbic comment and rarely go off at length or even openly discuss myself and my sexuality here. I am a voyeur of sorts. I glean information and process it. I understand pagancowgirl's particular reticence to open up. I have a strong personality but in many ways I am reserved about disclosing my feelings and thoughts on a subject. I often choose to interact privately through pm's rather than out in the open.

Thank you to those who have worked to make this forum a success. It is a credit to you all and I will make a point to contribute more often.

Last edited:
I understand why the GB is intimidated to post here and looks upon you all as elitist. The people who post on this board are all extremely intelligent for the most part and in the same effect, are (blissfully if you ask me) verbose. Of course the assumption that the BDSM board is prone to snobbery because of their intellect is ridiculous, but for some this is the conclusion they draw. As Cym said previously, this board is not suited for the bubbly, flirty threads that cushion and provide comfort for most in the GB.

I have expressed interest in BDSM and lurk here religiously but I do not post. Intimidation is not what holds me back but it's more a lack of something to say. Topics here are covered so thoroughly and with such precision that I simply have nothing to add nor to ask.

I find it interesting that the people from the GB who have come here and posted on this thread, like PaganCowgirl, Rambling Rose, and MelonCollie, are among the very brightest and most articulate posters anywhere on Lit. To me that says a lot about the quality of the BDSM board.

Or..

CarolineOh said:
I find it interesting that the people from the GB who have come here and posted on this thread, like PaganCowgirl, Rambling Rose, and MelonCollie, are among the very brightest and most articulate posters anywhere on Lit. To me that says a lot about the quality of the BDSM board.

It could be the seductive allure of BDSM.

Ebony

Okay, verbose i understand, but calling me intelligent? That's where i draw the line!

Mellon Collie said:
The people who post on this board are all extremely intelligent for the most part and in the same effect, are (blissfully if you ask me) verbose.

Back