Hey Sammael Bard

Well, hello there. :D

I don't believe that Mods need to[sic] BE active participants in a board they moderate. It doesn't make a difference at all. Some like it, some don't. Speaking for myself, I'll say that I don't have the time to be an active participant. I'll join in if you ever need my 2 cents, but you've got some great posters of your own to be needing my opinion. :)

Still, if you have any questions or queries or anything to ask or talk about, please do it. I can always respond to that.

Soooo you just have enough time to come in and delete stuff occasionally? Perhaps by an active participant with whom you have some sort of issue? Okay, so noted. How nice of you to bother with us (or something). So now we have Laurel and his bardness who don't give a shit. How fekking lovely.

I don't think a mod has to be an active member of the board they moderate either. Many mods stop posting when they become mods. But I still think it would be preferable if the mod was familiar with the folk they moderate and knew the feel of the board. Snark is abundant here and if it's all considered nonsubstantial and deleted or moved to the GB, the place will change drastically. Snark often provokes good conversation.

And I still feel it would have been good form to at least let us know we have a new mod and even post a short introduction. That's what all previous mods have done, even though all the previous mods have been "one of us".

I don't think a mod has to be an active member of the board they moderate either. Many mods stop posting when they become mods. But I still think it would be preferable if the mod was familiar with the folk they moderate and knew the feel of the board. .

And I still feel it would have been good form to at least let us know we have a new mod and even post a short introduction. That's what all previous mods have done, even though all the previous mods have been "one of us".

Maybe not an active participant, but, as you say, at least usefully familiar with the group. Color me unimpressed. :rolleyes:

http://forum.literotica.com/search.php?searchid=76911064

You intend to delete any post you deem unhelpful?

Only posts that deviate or derail the thread discussion will be put to the moderation queue. Like I said, they're not deleted. They can be brought back if Laurel approves of it.

Not every off-topic/unhelpful posts are capable of doing that, nor is it always the intent of the poster. This is BDSM Talk forum and people come here mostly to seek advice or discuss things related to the BDSM lifestyle. If you want to talk about anything else, go to the BDSM café, but please do not derail an existing thread. This is not the General Board.

This is all I ask of any poster.

This.

The post "deleted" actually sparked a real discussion. After all the posts related to it came down the thread died. Looks like we'll have a lot of non-discussion happening on this discussion board. (p_-)

Is that what you really want every time someone starts a discussion on this board? A real discussion at the expense of the OP?

Ah, I see you've missed your mark. :)

9. Flooding the forum with posts, screen-breaking text, or images - or bumping old threads - and/or any non-substantive activity with the intent of disrupting the forum is prohibited.

I haven't "removed" your posts. They've been put under moderation, meaning that Laurel gets to see what posts I've tagged as off-topic/spam/completely irrelevant to the topic of discussion. It's she thinks that my tagging had been inappropriate, she would reinstate your post with all due respect.

Here was a piece from your last conversation I remember removing:

I'll be darned if you say you were trying to help the OP.

I'm fairly certain that you do understand that this wasn't a disruption of forum activity.

I also find it interesting that when someone writes underage stuff it stays until it's reported and even then it takes some time.
When a certain someone is snarky however, it is found and dealt with very fast.

I'd like to know how and why you came to be a moderator on a forum where you rarely post? What's in it for you?

Only posts that deviate or derail the thread discussion will be put to the moderation queue. Like I said, they're not deleted. They can be brought back if Laurel approves of it.

Not every off-topic/unhelpful posts are capable of doing that, nor is it always the intent of the poster. This is BDSM Talk forum and people come here mostly to seek advice or discuss things related to the BDSM lifestyle. If you want to talk about anything else, go to the BDSM café, but please do not derail an existing thread. This is not the General Board.

This is all I ask of any poster.

Are you getting the idea that all the regular posters on this forum would ask of a moderator is to be familiar with the board's personality? It's not the General Board, but it is witty and, at times, sarcastic. There are certain types of threads that instantly get snarky responses and it has always been that way. A heavy handed moderator is not needed.

I'm fairly certain that you do understand that this wasn't a disruption of forum activity.

I also find it interesting that when someone writes underage stuff it stays until it's reported and even then it takes some time.
When a certain someone is snarky however, it is found and dealt with very fast.

I'd like to know how and why you came to be a moderator on a forum where you rarely post? What's in it for you?

This. Absolutely this.

I would have eagerly signed up to be a moderator for the forum. I expect others who frequent the board may have, as well.

Mr Bard - I don't post much here, but I still read this board fairly regularly. I hadn't seen the Primalex post you removed before, but when I saw it this morning it made me spit my coffee over the screen and laugh out loud.

Removing "stuff" that makes us laugh from a web forum is not in any way admirable, and perhaps you should consider having that humour bypass operation reversed.

Thanks for the laugh Primalex.

I don't think a mod has to be an active member of the board they moderate either. Many mods stop posting when they become mods. But I still think it would be preferable if the mod was familiar with the folk they moderate and knew the feel of the board. Snark is abundant here and if it's all considered nonsubstantial and deleted or moved to the GB, the place will change drastically. Snark often provokes good conversation.

Now you know that you have a half-assed Mod for this forum. :)

Sorry for getting off the wrong foot. I honestly had a lot on my plate in the last few weeks. Didn't know you guys would need an intro, as most of the forums don't do that.

So

Here goes something to clean the air:

Yes, I've posted very little here. Yes, I don't have a lot of acquaintances from this niche.

And no, I'm not a nOOb to this forum or to BDSM. I'm a regular reader here, though I'm more interested in perspectives from which some people air their views. It's refreshing and gives me a lot of ideas to think upon and write.

As of current issues, apparently I have tagged a post that, I thought, was derailing a thread. But you people say that was fine as far as poster history and the vibe of this place goes and I acted very heavy-handed.

So, I'll unmoderate Primalex's post and it should be visible again in a few hours. Apologies for having caused any heartburns. I'll refrain from moderating such posts in the future.

Cheers

Is that what you really want every time someone starts a discussion on this board? A real discussion at the expense of the OP?

Sometime the leaps of thinking ARE the important bits for the way some of us acquire knowledge or idea and develop thought ourselves. :).

I saw the removed posts just now and I'll say they were "arguments", not discussion.

More like "Fuck you, you're wrong!" and "Screw you!"

:)

I too don't like it when posts like these are removed. Obviously, something like this in MY thread will have my fingers hovering on the report button, but that's just me being a hypocrite. :eek:

I think any moderator can do a good job, provided we're cooperative in the first place. A direct assault like this is childish. A "Why did this happen?" question is better than a "WTF, you asshole?!" accusation.

Hey, WTF??!! Don't kiss and make up already. I even made my popcorn for the drama.

Great
We need Col Blake and Laurel sent us Frank Burns.
I've been on a lot of forums the last ten yrs and seen many of them dry up over stuff like this.
I think lit forums have done well because of the hands off approach.
I hope Laurel knows what she's doing.

Great
We need Col Blake and Laurel sent us Frank Burns.
I've been on a lot of forums the last ten yrs and seen many of them dry up over stuff like this.
I think lit forums have done well because of the hands off approach.
I hope Laurel knows what she's doing.

Oh come now! We're not volatile enough for a Col Blake.

But a Hot Lips would have been fun. :D :cattail: :kiss:

While I find the OP to be a raging douchebag, I support his right to be a raging douchebag without being censored.

Let people make up their own mind's about his rants. There is the ignore feature for those who choose to use it.

Guys...the mod apologised and accepted the group pov. Isn't that a good result?

are you kidding me? :D

This shit is prolly the most exciting thing to have happened since the last thread about finding daddy doms. no way people are gonna let go of this.

Which thread about finding daddy doms?

I know you are eagerly trying to get the world record in 'average posts per day', but I refrain from derailing your threads and you should, too, regarding mine.

Last edited:
Back