Hey Sammael Bard

So, I'll unmoderate Primalex's post and it should be visible again in a few hours.

Thank you.

But that's 1 from at least 2. What is with the second posting and how many more postings were removed?

And reviewing my posts, I have also found that one of my older posts on the BDSM Personals was edited. Fascinating. As there is no editor information, it's not possible for me to determine when this happened. But I think it should be possible to determine who did it.

And last but not least, you did avoid to answer the question how _you_ got to be the moderator of this place? I have trouble to believe that Laurel randomly asks people to become moderator and 2.5 years is not that long either. It's weird that in her randomness she couldn't find a regular here. But hey, I can be wrong. If she asked you and you just said:"Sure, why not." Fine. Just makes me question her mental condition, which is not a statement against you personally.

Oh and thank you for your appearance here. I really appreciate this, although I'm still wary of strangers.

(A side note: rule #9 is about actions that prevent the usability of the forum for other people. You can't take "any non-substantive activity with the intent of disrupting the forum" and then declare that non-substantive activity in itself is disrupting the forum.)

Last edited:
Well...if it would make you feel better.it reflects more on you. I have always said, you are welcome in the garden as a fellow gardener Primalex. As you say....you can stomp: it would be a shame to display such puerility though, and prove Sammael Bard right and yourself wrong. Your call. :rose:

No, this shows that you didn't get the point of it at all. The answer to the question whether Sammael Bard acted wrong or not does not depend on the fact whether I'm a nice or bad guy, but solely on the question of whether the posting violated the site rules or not. And the whole point of it is that postings need to be judged independent from the source. If _you_ violate the forum rules with a posting, it needs to be edited, no matter how much mindless fairy drivel you have spewed over every thread. A "nice guy" has no more or less right to violate the site rules than a "bad guy".

So, this comes down to the question on whether posting the "Please tell me more" meme did violate the site rules or not. Make up your mind and then argue _for_ or _against_ it. But don't come here with this:"Ohhh...but I supported your cause because you have been niiiice." attitude. I hate people with a passion who mindlessly support other people's point of view, because they like the other person and not because they like the point of view.

Last edited:
Much like a boss or a military leader, I suppose moderators are tasked with realizing their interpretation of the rules. New mod, new interpretations. People on the average don't like change. Most can roll with it, others can't.

The way I see it, this all comes down to "Does the group here agree with the way the new mod is interpreting and realizing the site rules?".

I haven't seen enough yet to judge. For all the actions we see that he did take, he took many others that we didn't see. Were they acceptable or not? *shrug* I probably will be able to live with whatever happens, as this board is 90 percent escape for me. Meanwhile, we get used to him, he gets used to us, and I don't mind giving him a chance to settle in.

Much like a boss or a military leader, I suppose moderators are tasked with realizing their interpretation of the rules. New mod, new interpretations. People on the average don't like change. Most can roll with it, others can't.

The way I see it, this all comes down to "Does the group here agree with the way the new mod is interpreting and realizing the site rules?".

I haven't seen enough yet to judge. For all the actions we see that he did take, he took many others that we didn't see. Were they acceptable or not? *shrug* I probably will be able to live with whatever happens, as this board is 90 percent escape for me. Meanwhile, we get used to him, he gets used to us, and I don't mind giving him a chance to settle in.

Being a mod on a free speech site is not being a leader. It's being a janitor and I say that having been one.
The "tone" comes from the people who post.

Sammael Bard, I'm glad to see that you seem to be open to discussion about this topic.

Let's remember to report BS threads--spam, stuff in the wrong forum, etc.--as quick as we can, too. Maybe it'll be dealt with quicker that way, since our mod doesn't regularly come to this forum to see them himself.

Let's remember to report BS threads--spam, stuff in the wrong forum, etc.--as quick as we can, too. Maybe it'll be dealt with quicker that way, since our mod doesn't regularly come to this forum to see them himself.
Damn it...if you start reporting BS threads and mindless shit, half my stuff will disappear...:mad:

Wait... I don't usually post in this forum.. Different mods..
Carry on :D

Being a mod on a free speech site is not being a leader. It's being a janitor and I say that having been one.
The "tone" comes from the people who post.

Sammael Bard, I'm glad to see that you seem to be open to discussion about this topic.

Ok, I get you.
But when it comes down to someone having to interpret something, they have to handle it as best they are able, yes? So not exactly a leader, but still in a position that will affect others.

Yanno, sometimes I like to come on, challenge pretentious dims, errr doms, and yes, sometimes I will be contentious.
I don't post too often, but being censored for the occasional snark attack would not make me more inclined to stay.

The op made some valid points that go towards protecting everyone's freedom of expression.

Frank Burns eats worms!

And last but not least, you did avoid to answer the question how _you_ got to be the moderator of this place? I have trouble to believe that Laurel randomly asks people to become moderator and 2.5 years is not that long either. It's weird that in her randomness she couldn't find a regular here. But hey, I can be wrong. If she asked you and you just said:"Sure, why not." Fine.

I didn't ask him. We don't ask people to moderate. They volunteer, and we use them where they are needed.

I don't think someone needs to be a member of the community to move off spam, personal info, and rule-violating content - which is all a moderator is supposed to do. They can't ban people, they can't see personal info, they can't even delete posts. It's an unglamorous position with no benefits where other strangers on the Internet yell at you for wearing a Hall Monitor badge. The janitor comparison is spot on.

Just makes me question her mental condition, which is not a statement against you personally.

And you choose to do that publicly, rather than sending me a messaging me and saying, "Hey Laurel, there's an issue with a moderator that I feel needs to be addressed."

I've received exactly one message alerting me to this issue, and it was not from anyone who posted in this thread.

In the future, everyone, please realize that it would be impossible for us to read every thread on this forum - so making a thread about something you're upset about isn't going to do much more than stir the pot and cause fights. If that's the goal, then go for it. Drama away! But if you actually want to resolve something, please PM me and explain the situation and we will do our best to fix the situation as best we can.

For the record, Moderators should not be moving off posts unless they specifically break rules. If posts are being moved off which should not be moved off, and you are actually concerned about resolving this, again - message me with details and we will check it out. :rose:

And you choose to do that publicly, rather than sending me a messaging me and saying, "Hey Laurel, there's an issue with a moderator that I feel needs to be addressed."

Oh please, I have sent messages in the past, for example regarding Peter_Carsten. You have not bothered to reply ever. Not a single time. I have not received replies via private message and I have never received replies when using the "Contact Us" site button. So don't come prancing in here telling me that a simple message would have made you act. This is absolutely not my experience.

My public posts are a result of my experience that private messages are being ignored. Plain and simple.

Maybe I was just on a bad luck streak the last years. Maybe. I'll give you the benefit of doubt.

They can't ban people, they can't see personal info, they can't even delete posts.

They obviously can make them disappear. Whether those posts still sit somewhere in the database or not is a rather academical question, if they are not visible. And they are able to edit posts without leaving an edit information, which is seriously annoying.

If posts are being moved off which should not be moved off, and you are actually concerned about resolving this, again - message me with details and we will check it out.

If you say so, then I will resume this procedure.

Hey Kitty Mama
If you needed a mod here, why not post that HERE and ask if anyone HERE is interested in it?
Just a thought

Hey Kitty Mama
If you needed a mod here, why not post that HERE and ask if anyone HERE is interested in it?
Just a thought

Because, like I said, we don't generally approach people and ask them to be mods. We've found it works best when someone takes the time to PM privately us and volunteer their assistance - usually for a specific forum where they see a lack of mods. We check their recent posting history and if they don't appear to be shit-stirrers, dramallamas, or otherwise likely unsuitable, we explain what to do and set it up. Those are the people, generally, who work out best.

Sometimes there are issues. Even with the best mods, we get complaints. Sometimes the complaints are justified. Sometimes there are people who like to pick fights with those they perceive to be in a position of power because they think it makes them look like a badass. We do our best to separate the legitimate grievances from the trolling. We are all only human. Approach us with a helpful, polite attitude and a desire to resolve the conflict and you are likely to have your efforts reciprocated. :rose:

Because, like I said, we don't generally approach people and ask them to be mods. We've found it works best when someone takes the time to PM privately us and volunteer their assistance - usually for a specific forum where they see a lack of mods. We check their recent posting history and if they don't appear to be shit-stirrers, dramallamas, or otherwise likely unsuitable, we explain what to do and set it up. Those are the people, generally, who work out best.

Sometimes there are issues. Even with the best mods, we get complaints. Sometimes the complaints are justified. Sometimes there are people who like to pick fights with those they perceive to be in a position of power because they think it makes them look like a badass. We do our best to separate the legitimate grievances from the trolling. We are all only human. Approach us with a helpful, polite attitude and a desire to resolve the conflict and you are likely to have your efforts reciprocated. :rose:

Laurel, I would like to request that you reconsider a preference to have the moderator of a forum be familiar with that forum.

I've made 2 groups on Lit my home base...first the how to group and now BDSM. In both groups when a mod was appointed from outside the group, despite their best efforts, a problem arose because the mod, being unaware of the tone of the group, enforced the rules too rigidly. This thread, doesn't compare to the backlash in the How To group, which eventually resulted in the formation of the How To Cafe.

Also, generally people don't offer to help unless they know it's needed. And surely someone offering to volunteer to be a mod, would prefer to do it for a group they're interested in. So while I can see there may be a need to have mods unfamiliar to the group they moderate, if the need was made aware of in the group, it would provide an opportunity for those in the group to consider whether they would like to volunteer. If no one does, fine get someone from outside the group.

Thanks in advance for your time in considering my suggestion.

ETA I also PMd you.

Or opt to start your own forum with your rules that you can define as you see fit.

And enforce when you want to (ie when you want to). And justify any inconsistences as others see them.

;)

This is the second time you have deleted one of my postings (or maybe even more). I have no idea who you had to fuck to get the job as moderator here, but the rules are not:"I make this place the way I like." But maybe this is just a big misunderstanding and you just didn't get the site rules, before you got your position, so I will copy & paste them:

13. We will not remove your posts or your account.

You may post whatever you like. Consequently, so can everyone else. The administrators here don't believe they are anyone's parents nor are they anyone's Jiminy Cricket. It's not their responsibility to make sure that everyone on the site uses free speech responsibly. It's up to individual users to be responsible for themselves.

Ruh-roh!! Did literotica's favorite son get a lil slap on the wrist??!

Back