hide/out

Svenskaflicka said:

In AH, I'm a spiritual, witty, sharp-tongued Babe, who writes super-hot stories, and chats daily with a lot of friends.

What's so good about the real world, anyway?

:rolleyes: Oh I think you forgot smart and cute and charming too
besides you can't hide wit I'm sure you're just as clever in RL:D

rhinoguy said:
why are we here?

for me...I find it too much a substitute for what is either missing or waning in my "REAL" life. More idealy this would be supplimental.

I think the reason I post my pictures and WILL post stories is because i do not get the response i long for at home....yes i have presented them to her...drawings and stories and notes etc...

I wanted to say that my experience is very similar to your own rhino. Lit is too much a substitute for things I find missing. It's a way to satisfy something I feel I need (or at least want) to express about myself that I don't express well in 'real' life. Actually, it's not that I don't attempt to express it but rather that it isn't received in a supportive nature. Not that it's looked down upon, just that's it's not acknowledged at all.

I've written stories and had them summarily ignored with neither a positive or negative response from my s/o. I've just now finally decided to get over it and submit them here. This place is, after all, where I got my inspiration to start writing, rather than just reading.

(and i hope i'm not jumping the gun by lurking and now posting in AH before i actually have any written work posted.)

I also find that what pop said really sums things up well:

"As we all agree I think, we need somewhere like this to chat openly and admit our sins and preferences without too much fear of judgement, hell we can hardly discuss such things with most of the neighbours."

I find myself not able to discuss them with not only neighbours but lovers... a short-coming I know is my own and something I've tried to work on.. just not to much success.

So, rhino, you're definitely not alone.

P~

Re: Re: hide/out

Parklife said:
(and i hope i'm not jumping the gun by lurking and now posting in AH before i actually have any written work posted.)
Hi Parklife, and welcome; haven't noticed you here before. And you are never alone on Lit. is my experience.

I'm in SF, noticed your locale.

regards, Perdita :rose:

Since my eyes are located at an elevation of about 4.4 feet, I like it here because I don't have to look up people's nostrils.
MG

Originally posted by rhinoguy I just put up a new Av and there were my gaping nostrils!!!
Dear Nosey,
Your AV is about my normal perspective when talking to someone.
MG
Ps. Don't you think the triple exclamations are just a tiny bit too much? Hmmmm?

Originally posted by rhinoguy semi colons, or full colons (speaking of full stoppage!)
Dear Nosey,
That sounds serious. Have you tried Metamucil?
MG
Ps. You look quite a lot like my John. He's a bit better looking, of course. Please go back to the rhinos. The AVs you're using now make me....... lonesome.

Last edited:
Rhino if you keep changing your av everyone will know aboutr your bouts of schizophrenia

MG, we know what extensive use of exclamations points mean, don't we?

*cough"Maskerade"cough*

OK, rhino, I'll translate for you:

In Terry Pratchett's story Maskerade, there was a phantom at the opera, and after he had killed someone, he left notes reading "Aaaahahahahahahaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!"

The number of exclamation points were a sign of him being nuts. More than 5 points = nut case.

Svenskaflicka said:
MG, we know what extensive use of exclamations points mean, don't we?
Hiya, Svenska,
Yes, we do. Any Pratchett reader is fully informed about the use of more than one exclamation point.
MG
Ps. The library just got a book I ordered. A fully illustrated, coffee table size "The Last Barbarian." The cover features a wonderful illustration of Genghis Cohen. Complete with loin cloth, truss, and dentures. Woo woo woo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pps. Pratchett is quite touchy about the use of even two exclamations.

Originally posted by rhinoguy Pratchett is a prat!
Dear Nosey,
Better watch what you say about TPratchett, lest you feel the righteous wrath of a runt from California and a feisty Swede. The Swedes are known for their punch. Let's not forget the great heavyweight champion Ingemar Johansson.
MG
Ps. Ingemar J. called his fists "Toonder and Lightning."
Pps. Consider yourself warned.

Back