I want a new BDSM skill!

Re: Willow

artful said:

You tease you! :D

mmmmm - sorry :D

Kuurspet - not sure what type of leather it is. I suppose it is more like a suede? It is very soft - Master was hitting me hard but it hardly stung at all, I just got a wonderful warmth from it.

Making:
The off-cut was not a regular rectangle, so the first thing it did was square one edge. We decided on 1cm width falls. The shortest side was just a touch under 20cm and so one fall was slightly narrower at one end.

Once I had a straight edge that was at right-angles with the shortest side, I carefully measured the width of each fall and marked the smooth side of the leather as a cutting guide.

I cut each fall to about 18 inches in length, leaving me with an uncut piece at the top, the length of the handle MAster had bought.

Once all the falls had been cut, I placed a good coating of glue (I used Bostick all purpose) over the uncut end.

I then carefully placed one side to the handle and rolled slowly, gripping the leather to the wooden handle tightly.

Once the entire width had been rolled onto the handle, I held it tightly (both hands) until the glue was almost dry.

I set it aside for about 45 minutes to totally dry and then hammered in some brass tacks to ensure the whole thing held together.

I will take some pictures once the camera batteries have finished charging.

Re: Re: Willow

WillowPuss said:

mmmmm - sorry :D

Kuurspet - not sure what type of leather it is. I suppose it is more like a suede? It is very soft - Master was hitting me hard but it hardly stung at all, I just got a wonderful warmth from it.

Making:
The off-cut was not a regular rectangle, so the first thing it did was square one edge. We decided on 1cm width falls. The shortest side was just a touch under 20cm and so one fall was slightly narrower at one end.

Once I had a straight edge that was at right-angles with the shortest side, I carefully measured the width of each fall and marked the smooth side of the leather as a cutting guide.

I cut each fall to about 18 inches in length, leaving me with an uncut piece at the top, the length of the handle MAster had bought.

Once all the falls had been cut, I placed a good coating of glue (I used Bostick all purpose) over the uncut end.

I then carefully placed one side to the handle and rolled slowly, gripping the leather to the wooden handle tightly.

Once the entire width had been rolled onto the handle, I held it tightly (both hands) until the glue was almost dry.

I set it aside for about 45 minutes to totally dry and then hammered in some brass tacks to ensure the whole thing held together.

I will take some pictures once the camera batteries have finished charging.

Thanks Willow. I would recommend you seal off,...
or at LEAST wrap some type of adhesive around the heads of the tacks. :rose:

Re: Re: Re: Willow

artful said:

Thanks Willow. I would recommend you seal off,...
or at LEAST wrap some type of adhesive around the heads of the tacks. :rose:

Even though they will never come into contact with my body?
They are on the handle, just as an insurance to keep the leather there.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Willow

WillowPuss said:

Even though they will never come into contact with my body?
They are on the handle, just as an insurance to keep the leather there.

Well,...I really can't see WHAT you created,...but I just like the thought of exposed tacks, nails, etc.,(things that CAN and do loosen up with use) covered. It's always the "shit can't happen", things that happen. An unanticipated jerk of ones body, just as the item is being used, a miscalculated stroke by the user, flinging a tack in someones eye, etc.

(JMHO) :rose:

As promised!

I finally got my act together, took a picture of the flogger I made and got round to downloading it to the computer!

Re: As promised!

WillowPuss said:
I finally got my act together, took a picture of the flogger I made and got round to downloading it to the computer!

Looks really cool Willow, great job.....I'm thinking of trying to make one for my Master. He already has one we bought, but can't have too many right?? :D

dixi

Re: Re: As promised!

dixicritter said:

Looks really cool Willow, great job.....I'm thinking of trying to make one for my Master. He already has one we bought, but can't have too many right?? :D

dixi

No way is 1 flogger enough. You at least need a softer one for tender places and a heavier one for backs and butts.

Very nice job Willow. I love making floggers. I just finished one for Himself last week.

I will post a photo as soon as I take the photo.

Re: Re: Re: As promised!

MzChrista said:

No way is 1 flogger enough. You at least need a softer one for tender places and a heavier one for backs and butts.

At least!
I believe Shadowsdream said something in her marvelous thread about how each of her floggers had a different temperment.
That is so true.
I have about a dozen floggers and each one is distinctive in its qualities.
My favorite is a Jeanette Heartwood moose hide that is strong enough for heavy play but light enough softer sensual play.

Re: As promised!

WillowPuss said:

Looking good!

Ebony

Back