In Praise of YDD

Re: A lot of people complained

jthserra said:
Because YDD didn't present a body of work for others to read, refer to or whatever.

Even my best teachers lost a little luster when I saw what they had written.

Personally, if this was me getting reviews from someone who doesn't post poetry themselves, I would disregard it. It would mean absolutely nothing to me. Seeing some of the reviews and comments he has made, they seem to be very kind, not cruel and that is a good reviewer. But, without seeing this persons work, I would most likely laugh it off. Anyone who comments to me and has posted poetry, they are the people I will be listening to- people who have been writing for years and I can see this in their work. That is what's important to ME!

Anyone who comments to me and has posted poetry, they are the people I will be listening to- people who have been writing for years and I can see this in their work. That is what's important to ME!

And now you can see why there was so much controversy.

(edited to remove a link: It was an ugly thread.)

Last edited:
tarablackwood22 said:
When YDD vanished, this community of poets suffered a great loss. Every writer here who was serious about their words valued him, and benefited from his uncompromising love of truth and his deep understanding of poetic form and purpose.

He made me better....much better. He praised me and slapped my face, and never ever lied.

In the hope he reads this, I just wanted to say "Thank you" to him again, and give him a kiss.

:kiss:

I miss all the good shit

Hello Tara
:heart:

Back