Interracial category question

Svenskaflicka said:
Quiet_Cool, there IS a writer's choice going on. We nominate stories we think are outstanding and vote for them. We're considering making it a rule that every voter must also comment on the story, good and bad, and we want to ask Laurel if we can get to put a blue C (As in Critics' Choice) after its name in the lists, just as some stories have red H or green E.

Cool...

Re: Sorry guys...

Quiet_Cool said:
I rambled. Thinking out loud again, I guess.

Two words to consider Cool; elitist and snobbery.

Some authors (not all by any means) work damn hard on writing fuck stories and consider them to be complete in themselves. I work hard on my fuck stories and hopefully portray rounded believable characters in fantastic situations (fantastic as in fantasy).
The reasons I don't write pre-fuck scene 'chapters' or follow-up conclusive paragraphs are 1) it would take me about a year to post a story and 2) what I really want to write about for the purposes of literotica are (in your terms) fuck scenes.

But then I'm

Gauche

Re: Re: Sorry guys...

gauchecritic said:
Two words to consider Cool; elitist and snobbery.

Some authors (not all by any means) work damn hard on writing fuck stories and consider them to be complete in themselves. I work hard on my fuck stories and hopefully portray rounded believable characters in fantastic situations (fantastic as in fantasy).
The reasons I don't write pre-fuck scene 'chapters' or follow-up conclusive paragraphs are 1) it would take me about a year to post a story and 2) what I really want to write about for the purposes of literotica are (in your terms) fuck scenes.

But then I'm

Gauche

Actually, if you want to check my profile, you'll see five stories there, pretty much all "fuck stories" when you get down to it, if you even have to get down to it. And I work fairly hard at writing them as well. I wasn't implying that I was any better tahhn anyone else, merely stating that, should a reader want to read something with more of a value, than that option should be made more readily available to them. That's all. I really don't think that there's a reason to put down someone else for thier work, I just don't like to surf through four-thousand illegible stories written by people who don't edit or correct spelling or use punctuation in order to find one decent story.
If I implied somewhere in my previous post that I am either a snob or an elitist, then feel free to quote where I did that, and I'll respond accordingly.

implications

Quiet_Cool said:
Actually, if you want to check my profile, you'll see five stories there, pretty much all "fuck stories" when you get down to it, if you even have to get down to it. And I work fairly hard at writing them as well. I wasn't implying that I was any better tahhn anyone else, merely stating that, should a reader want to read something with more of a value, than that option should be made more readily available to them. That's all. I really don't think that there's a reason to put down someone else for thier work, I just don't like to surf through four-thousand illegible stories written by people who don't edit or correct spelling or use punctuation in order to find one decent story.
If I implied somewhere in my previous post that I am either a snob or an elitist, then feel free to quote where I did that, and I'll respond accordingly.

One of your words then "value"

gauche

Tatewaki gave some good advice about this very subject.

He said that in an interracial story there should be descriptions of the contrast, the dark hand on the light skin, the white pearls of cum on the tanned breasts, that sort of thing. it doesn't have to be racist, just exciting.

Chicklet

Re: implications

gauchecritic said:
One of your words then "value"

gauche

Perhaps I thought I made it more apparent than i did. I meant "literary value," which is often forgotten in "fuck stories." Plot is required, as is a fair amount of characterization, IMHO in order for a story to reach this criteria. Not all erotica lacks them, but many stories here do, including, as I stated, some (maybe all) of mine...

Value

I have a very loyal group of readers. With a few exceptions, my stories are reliable. It's like MacDonalds; not much good, but there are no unpleasant surprises. Reliable.

Why? I keep it simple:

My loyal readers know that if when they read my stories, they get

a. Correct spelling, good punctuation, lack of typos. This is about << 1% >> of their appeal.

b. Little or no plot to confuse the issue and obfuscate the reason they read it in the first place. Another << 1% >>

b. The maximum amount of stroke travel per hundred words read. (St/W x 100). This accounts for the remaning << 98% >> of the reason I have loyal readers.

Re: Value

MathGirl said:
I have a very loyal group of readers. With a few exceptions, my stories are reliable. It's like MacDonalds; not much good, but there are no unpleasant surprises. Reliable.

Why? I keep it simple:

My loyal readers know that if when they read my stories, they get

a. Correct spelling, good punctuation, lack of typos. This is about << 1% >> of their appeal.

b. Little or no plot to confuse the issue and obfuscate the reason they read it in the first place. Another << 1% >>

b. The maximum amount of stroke travel per hundred words read. (St/W x 100). This accounts for the remaning << 98% >> of the reason I have loyal readers.

Now I'm confused. *You* write fuck stories, too? Oh my...

*grin* just teasing

For what it's worth; I've posted nine stories here at Lit. Four of them have involved both black and white individuals. However, my last story,

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=80649

is the only one I've placed in the interracial category. The others went to Erotic Coupling, Lesbian, and Loving Wives. In her critique of one of my less successful efforts, ("Mix & Match," a group scene between a white brother and sister and black (m/f) cousins), on the SDC board, KillerMuffin had an interesting comment about picking categories..

"I don't believe this should have been in the erotic couplings category, it should have been put in incest because a large number of people find incest revolting.--- Next time, pick the category based on the "offensiveness" rating, I would think."

Rumple Foreskin

Re: Re: implications

Quiet_Cool said:
Perhaps I thought I made it more apparent than i did. I meant "literary value," which is often forgotten in "fuck stories." Plot is required, as is a fair amount of characterization, IMHO in order for a story to reach this criteria. Not all erotica lacks them, but many stories here do, including, as I stated, some (maybe all) of mine...

I refer the honourable member to my previous reply.

Gauche

Re: Re: Re: implications

gauchecritic said:
Gauche

Dear Gauchie,

You have an "honorable member?" Wow! Is it also swollen, tumescent, throbbing, and heavily veined? I think I read a story about it lately.

Diane the Impressed

Re: Re: Re: implications

gauchecritic said:

Gauche

Thanx for the reference, but I believe we just disagree on this one, Gauche.

Back