Is erotica sexual harassment?

I might have worried about that newspaper once, but it was forty-five years ago. At my present age, I'm less concerned. I didn't indulge in that collegiate stuff anyway even though I was on the staff. The odd thing is that the college library recently scanned all of that material and put it online. Now I can read all those kerfuffles from the 1970's again. But for me, it's like reading the Dead Sea Scrolls. Age has its privileges.

As for the OP: I don't know their exact age or what the specific social situation was. They hinted at it but never revealed the exact details.
I didn’t really hint at anything, to be honest.

I can't imagine how it could be unless you told someone you know, that you based a character on them in an erotic story. Or just insisted on rehashing them with details of your stories.

Either scenario would be very rude.

Derp. You are correct.

Correct about agents, not correct about sex. They're absolutely trying to unmask the identities of literotica posters as part of their Kompromat data gathering operations.
Bullshit. NSA doesn't give a shit about something like Literotica. They are overwhelmed with trying to keep up with the terrorism account. They've improved, I'm sure, but I remember sending them requests for coverage and finding that they were much better about recording telephone calls than pulling any information out of all they were collecting. And not a nanosecond of attention was being given to the writing of sex stories. That's a ridiculous lack of understanding of the U.S. intell community.

In the situation you describe, I suspect that the evidence would have to be much more specific than just the circumstantial "well-endowed member of this profession".

You made me think of that scene from Porky's. Where Balbriker is trying to explain that she could identify the penis any time. Now put that in a court setting.

"Mr. Blanche... are you able to determine if any of these penises... or would that be 'peni', match the description of the character of Charles Castle, in your story?"

Bullshit. NSA doesn't give a shit about something like Literotica. They are overwhelmed with trying to keep up with the terrorism account. They've improved, I'm sure, but I remember sending them requests for coverage and finding that they were much better about recording telephone calls than pulling any information out of all they were collecting. And not a nanosecond of attention was being given to the writing of sex stories. That's a ridiculous lack of understanding of the U.S. intell community.

Maybe start writing a whole series about love, lust, and BDSM in the NSA community.

You made me think of that scene from Porky's. Where Balbriker is trying to explain that she could identify the penis any time. Now put that in a court setting.

"Mr. Blanche... are you able to determine if any of these penises... or would that be 'peni', match the description of the character of Charles Castle, in your story?"

But then there have been great strides made in 'genital recognition' software, amongst others ClitGPT.

That could be a line from a comic published in Penthouse in the 1980s.
I am well acquainted with those. In fact, some of my first stories (never published) were inspired by the Penthouse Forums and the later-released Penthouse Forum Magazine.

Back in the days when you had to figure out how to read, turn pages, and jerk off all at the same time without getting cum or lube on your magazine!

I am going to start a work on a work of erotica that begins as such:
Sunnysea was a city somewhere on the Southern coastline of the United States of America, with a population of some one hundred thousand residents. It bore the dubious distinction of boasting a downtown core that was largely under the ownership of an organization called the School of Scholastiatry.
Got a partial outline finished for it already. If this one goes well, I'm going to publish it.

Now, obviously Sunnysea is not a real city, nor is the School of Scholastiatry a real organization, nor are they in any way inspired by places or organizations that exist in the real world.

But what if they did? What if something not unlike SoS really did exist, and what if it had a history of being scarily effective at bringing harm (and by "harm," I possibly mean a never-prosecuted murder or two) upon those who speak ill of it? They infiltrate federal agencies and use the power of the state against those deemed "fair game." So I not only have to hide from wigged-out religious nuts (very rich wigged-out religious nuts), I have to hide from any branch of the US Intell community which they might bribe or burrow their way into. How do I do that?

Trying my best not to be the next Salmon Rushdie, here. :LOL:

Last edited:
No secular federal-style agency ever went after Salmon Rushdie. I doubt you can come anywhere close in writing erotica to the edge of what any federal investigative agency would be interested in following you to monitor or investigate. I go a great distance in writing erotica, including with real place/business names without any fear, and in my editorial business publishers were sending me manuscripts to vet on possible national security interest issues. I pull many my stories out of the headlines (or a bottom drawer that I fed newspaper articles to for twenty-five years) and write on the parallel to them. I have a whole line of serial writing on a CIA operations office that's pretty close to real life (and to what I did). The process is to be able to point to the scenario already having been put into the public purview. The science of it is to know enough about the business to know what is plausible and what isn't and won't compromise national security and what won't. There's very little erotica fiction that will, and the government doesn't have the need, time, inclination, or resources to pursue this.

Back