Is it just me, or.............

Le Petomane

I surprised this thread hasn't mentioned Le Petomane yet.

He performed at the Moulin Rouge in Paris in 1892. He did "occupational farts" - bricklayer, nun etc. He imitated calico being torn, cannon fire, and thunder.

He smoked a cigarette and played a flute. He could blow out a candle a foot away. In his prime he earned 20,000 francs a performance. Sarah Bernhardt only received 8,000.

Then there was La Mere Alexandre. Her climax was the bombardment of Port Arthur.

Perhaps we should have a revival.

Og

Re: Le Petomane

oggbashan said:
I surprised this thread hasn't mentioned Le Petomane yet.

There was a discussion of Le Petomane's art on here a while back. Currently, there's a guy who wears a green superhero suit who does fart performances. I have a .MPG of him doing the "Blue Danube." It isn't very good, but you have to admit it's different. I doubt that he will attract the mainstream attention that LePetomane did. I can't envision him getting invited to the White House. Well, maybe if the Democrats get in.

I believe DurtGurl's next magnum opus will deal with the subject. It, of course, will be treated with her usual delicacy and good taste. You may take that as a warning.

Toot, MG

Re: Re: Food For Thought

TheEarl said:
Hasn't Ronnie O'Sullivan already released an autobiography?

'I am Jack's anus.'

(rim shot)

Why is it that every thread seems to dop quickly to the level of 4ft bowel movements?
I choose to believe, instead, that this is NASA's finest hour.*

* From the movie "Apollo 13: Attack on Uranus"

Can't sleep
Couldn't help it
-------------------
Warped titles:
Milo and Anus
Bung Guns
Blazing Paddles
----------------------
Titles that already sound like they might be about an anus:
Men at Work
While You Were Sleeping
Being John Malkovich
---------------------------
As for the Prez, I've read newspaper articles that refer to him as "D-Day Dubya". Which I find doubly insulting, since, first, nothing he's ever done is even remotely comparable to June 6th, 1944, and second, because I don't think anyone wants the "Leader of the Free World" answering to a derisive nickname like "Dubya". Just sayin'.

"Can I have 4 tickets to see Terrence and Phillip, Asses of Fire please?"

ax

Terrence, what did the Spanish priest say to the Iranian gynaecologist?
I don't know, Phillip.
[PARP]
Baaaa-hahahahahaha!

Back