Is there a story of yours close to an H that doesn’t have one?

Ok they weren't their a few minutes ago. Might be my connection or phone. Mobile sucks for this site sometimes
Mobile sucks for everything. When someone says "Use our simple App," I ask "Are there any adults in your company?"

This story already has a Red H, but it's on the verge of 2.5k votes. Only a handful more to go. Anyone want to help me get there?

Too Cold Not to Fuck, only 1.5k words. It's in I/T, so be warned if that's not your kink.

I had 2 chapters that were "H"s... and over the past week or so suddenly all of my chapters have been heavily downvoted, wiping 1 H out, and almost taking the other, too.

Very disappointing as it seems very targeted... (and I've had some trolls lately...)

I have several. They are in the Loving Wives category. They were high 4s but the BTB crowd every once in a while goes and votes down my scores. It’s OK I just judge my stories by favorites and followers.

I want to open this thread with a shoutout to everyone here on Lit that has the desire, creativity, and courage to post stories here. I have 16 stories currently published on this site, three more ready to post, and several others in the works. I love posting here and the feedback I get from Lit readers, good or bad. If there is one thing however, that drives me insane, it's a story on the cusp.

A story on the cusp of a 4.50 rating and a "HOT" flag. I have three that are hovering between 4.46 and 4.50. One in particular has been sitting at 4.49 for more than a decade . The story; "A Summer of Discovery" is about a young man coming of age in the deep south and a young widow hesitant to let go of her inhibitions and live. So I am going to reach out. This piece is one of my earlier works. Hopefully my writing skills have improved a bit since then.

If you are a mature woman who has ever taken a young lover, or a man who has ever fantasized about having an older, more experienced lover, please read my story and rate it... I will accept whatever happens, if it goes to "HOT" or slips slowly into obscurity. I just want it to stop teasing me from the edge. If you read it, I would love to hear your comments. Thank you for your time and Happy 4th of July!!!

My "Favor for the Professor" as briefly just above 4.5, so I had that 'H' going until inertia brought it back down to 4.48.
Such is life.
Currently, 23 of my stories have a 4 or higher. I look at those ratings now and then while I struggle to get out of my current writing slump.

Best of luck with that, I wonder how many people who rate stories actually write them as well? Authors put themselves out there to some degree. My personal feeling is the rating scale should begin at 2. Any story written and posted deserves more than a 1...

@UhlBWett and @rdodger it might help to add a link to your stories, either in your post or in your signature. You're more likely to get readers if they don't have to go through the whole process of going to the story side and searching for you, and then the story you're referring to.

@UhlBWett and @rdodger it might help to add a link to your stories, either in your post or in your signature. You're more likely to get readers if they don't have to go through the whole process of going to the story side and searching for you, and then the story you're referring to.
good suggestion. i'll take a shot this weekend at getting that coded up.

Just as one ticked over to 4.5 (after taking 5 months to struggle up from 3.9), I've published another which is on 4.43.

Readers giveth and they take away.

Just as one ticked over to 4.5 (after taking 5 months to struggle up from 3.9), I've published another which is on 4.43.

Readers giveth and they take away.
But if the new one is already 4.43 then once it falls off the new list and out of the radar of any trolls it will climb over time, and doesn't have much of a climb to get to 4.50

I had one that took a few years to get from a low 4 to a 4.5+ because it was in LW so as the score slowly rose it would take some hits back down again.

This thread has great intentions, but it also displays the obsession with the H which shouldn't be that big of a distraction.

I want to open this thread with a shoutout to everyone here on Lit that has the desire, creativity, and courage to post stories here. I have 16 stories currently published on this site, three more ready to post, and several others in the works. I love posting here and the feedback I get from Lit readers, good or bad. If there is one thing however, that drives me insane, it's a story on the cusp.

A story on the cusp of a 4.50 rating and a "HOT" flag. I have three that are hovering between 4.46 and 4.50. One in particular has been sitting at 4.49 for more than a decade . The story; "A Summer of Discovery" is about a young man coming of age in the deep south and a young widow hesitant to let go of her inhibitions and live. So I am going to reach out. This piece is one of my earlier works. Hopefully my writing skills have improved a bit since then.

If you are a mature woman who has ever taken a young lover, or a man who has ever fantasized about having an older, more experienced lover, please read my story and rate it... I will accept whatever happens, if it goes to "HOT" or slips slowly into obscurity. I just want it to stop teasing me from the edge. If you read it, I would love to hear your comments. Thank you for your time and Happy 4th of July!!!
You have to post a link to your story(s). Everyone(well most of us) are too busy to go thru the steps to find your story otherwise. I like that type of story, but will wait now.

I submitted 2 stories for the 2023 750 word challenge. They were 2 perspectives on the same encounter - each told from one of the women's point of view. One has a 4.54 score. The other has a score of 4.45. See what you think:

https://literotica.com/s/teachers-2

I submitted 2 stories for the 2023 750 word challenge. They were 2 perspectives on the same encounter - each told from one of the women's point of view. One has a 4.54 score. The other has a score of 4.45. See what you think:

https://literotica.com/s/teachers-2
Depending on how many people cast votes, there's only a hiccup of difference between those two scores, but they have to set the bar somewhere.

If I have to make a guess, the voting difference comes from the first story ending as a vignette (sort of halting) and the second story ends with a classic kind of end. It's sort of like how Penny Lane ends - you expect the piccolo trumpet to repeat that little motif to close the piece but it just stops with the chord holding. They're both valid (Apple finally released the cut of Penny Lane WITH that second motif appearing), but they feel very different.

Personally (back to erotica), I liked the first one better. The redux one had more characterization and had that full conclusion and yet felt - fat, compared to the first one. I might be biased because a lot of what I've written over the years was in that vignette style.

Depending on how many people cast votes, there's only a hiccup of difference between those two scores, but they have to set the bar somewhere.

If I have to make a guess, the voting difference comes from the first story ending as a vignette (sort of halting) and the second story ends with a classic kind of end. It's sort of like how Penny Lane ends - you expect the piccolo trumpet to repeat that little motif to close the piece but it just stops with the chord holding. They're both valid (Apple finally released the cut of Penny Lane WITH that second motif appearing), but they feel very different.

Personally (back to erotica), I liked the first one better. The redux one had more characterization and had that full conclusion and yet felt - fat, compared to the first one. I might be biased because a lot of what I've written over the years was in that vignette style.

Thanks for the feedback and taking the time to read both stories. :) Interesting that you liked the first one better, which is the one with the lower score.

I suppose you are right since I have been too busy to respond until now. Let's see if this works. I actually have three stories teetering on the edge. Here they are...

https://literotica.com/s/a-summer-of-discovery
https://literotica.com/s/bare-assed-in-the-backwoods
https://literotica.com/s/our-night-in-the-spotlight

Thank you all for your advice.

UBW
Thank you to everyone who responded. "Summer" has reached 4.5, while "Backwoods" and "Spotlight" are slowly inching closer. Thanks to everyone for their support and great advice!

UBW

Back