Looking up women skirts

Sweden, Norway, them places

Svenskaflicka said:
Freja was a SCANDINAVIAN godess, not just a Norse one! *pout*

Did Norway exist when Freja was actively encouraging Vikings?

We in England didn't care where the Vikings came from. We just wished they wouldn't.

Og

Från Nordmännens vrede, beskydda oss, milde Gud!"

="From the wrath of the Northmen, protect us, o merciful God!"

Northwomen?

Svenskaflicka said:
Från Nordmännens vrede, beskydda oss, milde Gud!"

="From the wrath of the Northmen, protect us, o merciful God!"

I'm much more worried about the wrath of the Northwomen.
Valkyries are nasty.

Og.

That's what I think makes the ideal job. Something you actually enjoy going to in the mornings, instead of the ones where you cry every time the alarm bell goes off at 7am in the morning.

Though, actually, the Valkyries weren't that violent. Check out the thread Greek Mythology in Story Ideas. It got a little out of hand, and ended up being a thoroughly academic discussion about the origin and duties of the Scandinavian Valkyries...

I'm not going to attempt Bifrost bridge to find out.

I like the swan-may though.

My knowledge of the northern legends started with Kipling's Rewards and Fairies.

Greek and Roman mythology is more my line but I thought I could cope with some of the other pantheons until I met a book in Urdu about the Hindu legends of the Polynesian Islands written for a school in Fiji. That told me that "enough was enough".

Og

It's fascinating to see that many religions/mythologies have similar characters, even though they have never been in touch with each other. It shows how we humans think alike. We want the god of war, the godess of beauty, the godess of fertility, the god of thunder, the godess of agriculture, the god/godess of hunting, etc.

Our basic needs, wherever we are on this planet.

Then we have the local varieties, like the Volcano godess in Polynesia, the god of skiing up here in the north...:D

Svenskaflicka said:
The thing was that "she" used to be a man. She had had "the snip" about 6 months earlier. She had no experience in fighting like a woman. And I suppose that she didn't want to bellow out in her male voice to stay the hell away from her, or punch him in the face, in front of the cameras...

I think that if a man did something like that to me, I would put my own hand on his thigh, and let it glide up to his crotch...

...and then grab his nuts really hard and TWIST them!!!:devil:

She should have leaned over and whispered "I used to be a man." That would have thrown the guy a good one. (Although I understand why this might not have been a desireable course of action)

sweetnpetite said:
She should have leaned over and whispered "I used to be a man." That would have thrown the guy a good one. (Although I understand why this might not have been a desireable course of action)

I think he knew that. She was on the debate program to talk about gender roles, since she had had a sex change. But, as another "she-man" said to her:

"That's what they like most of all. We call them transfuckers...They're often married and have kids and very normal on the outside. There's this little devil in their head, whispering: a little piece of boy-tail, wouldn't that be awesome? But they can't admit that they might be queer. Who? Me? Nah, never! So, they go half way - someone who looks like a gal but has an exciting little secret..."

Back