Lovey-Dovey Names

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know, I know. ;-)

I'm actually trying to use the words more here on the forums as a kind of "baby step" to make them seem more a part of my vocabulary. Typing them is easier than saying them when I'm by myself, which is easier than using them on a regular basis with Him.

ethicalslut said:
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know, I know. ;-)

I'm actually trying to use the words more here on the forums as a kind of "baby step" to make them seem more a part of my vocabulary. Typing them is easier than saying them when I'm by myself, which is easier than using them on a regular basis with Him.
I can help with this one. Let the word out when you feel it (during a scene or when you greet him and are happy to see him or during the throes of passion)...supress that feeling silly about saying it thing and let the word out. Once its out and you realized you didnt sound silly and you meant it, it will never be hard to do again. Try to think past how you feel about saying it to how he will feel when he hears it. :)

Have to agree with KC....it is a large part about feeling it more so than thinking it consciously. For me it is part of why I do not wish to call another Master or Mistress...they are not my dominant and so the word does not hold the meaning it does when reserved for the one who owns me. With that meaning comes a naturalness and deeper feeling which wipes out any thought of how it sounds outside that reality...an understanding of sorts which goes deeper than the conscious choice cognitive level.

Catalina :rose:

He is almost always Daddy. And it is funny, i was reading back over early e-mails between us and i actually blushed when i realized that back then i used His first name. It made me shy to just read it. He rarely uses my given name but often calls me "baby" or "sweet baby" or "my little girl." And i will gladly admit that the last of those is my ultimate favorite .... every word carries such meaning.

And although the title "Master" has come up from time to time, it doesn't feel right for me to use with Him. But i have been having the over-riding urge to address Him as "Sir" lately. :heart:

My grandmother sometimes used that word too, now when I think back to it. She has a slight Welsh burr as she is from Wales and all but I recall her using it on the odd occasion. Personally, I'd never use it.

Re: um.. forgive my ignorance..

Pyrolisk said:
what does PYL stand for.

I assume by context that it is a reference to a Dominant.

PYL= Pick Your Label, as in a Dominant.

pyl= pick your label, as in a submissive.

I once, long ago, had to ask him myself.

Re: Re: um.. forgive my ignorance..

A Desert Rose said:
PYL= Pick Your Label, as in a Dominant.

pyl= pick your label, as in a submissive.

I once, long ago, had to ask him myself.
hands over the chocolate and kisses your toes.

Re: Re: Re: um.. forgive my ignorance..

Kajira Callista said:
hands over the chocolate and kisses your toes.

Oh you so make me giggle! And boy do I need chocolate today!

Thank you!

Re: Re: Re: Re: um.. forgive my ignorance..

A Desert Rose said:
Oh you so make me giggle! And boy do I need chocolate today!

Thank you!
i dont think we hijacked this thread yet anyway:)

ownedsubgal said:
more rarely, i refer to him as Master or "Sir". usually when i am in deep trouble.
Bingo. When I'm in trouble, sometimes I'm told to call my Daddy "Sir" instead. It's a depersonalizing thing - taking away the Daddy that I love and replacing em with someone more distant and unknown.

A's Sweet Baby said:
He is almost always Daddy.
Woo! That makes three of us in this thread alone who use "Daddy" 98% of the time. :)

Re: um.. forgive my ignorance..

Pyrolisk said:
Hmmmm... not that i would call anyone "Honeybunches", at least not without some harsh "encouragement"... but does anyone else find something slightly... askew.. that a stranger have a preference for what i call someone else?

Moreover, to my understanding, Xelebes was a sub, voicing a preference for what i call a Dominant. :p

You aren't the only one boy, I was kind of wondering what his opinion had to do with anything myself .....

Those names can be so good, depending on the relationship participants. I have no problem with another showing their affection, it does not mean they do not respect me.

Back