Man United! Man United! Yay!

gauchecritic said:
It's common knowledge that the ladder is borrowed and he hasn't got a leather either.

Gauche

Looks like i've been left out the loop again. The bucket was his though, right?

perdita said:
I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but that's OK. As FJ quoted me just wanted to let you know I'm clueless.

Perdita

I usually feel that way when people on here talk about writing. :(

Re: A kindred spirit!

Octavian said:
You are so right, Og, even if the League Table shows the reverse!

The football Arsenal played last Autumn was scintillating. Even though Man U won the title their football did not match ours.

I have even made references to Arsenal in my stories.

Octavian
A 'Gooner' for ever.

They didn't exactly win the league, Arsenal handed it to them on a plate.

And after everything we did to help you... :mad:

Re: Re: A kindred spirit!

fiery_jack said:
They didn't exactly win the league, Arsenal handed it to them on a plate.

And after everything we did to help you... :mad:

Sorry. sorry everyone. But we must take most of the responsiblity for last season. That's twice now. And we'll try not to do it any more.

Gauche

MathGirl said:
Hay, how 'bout them Giants?
MG
Now that should bring the Brits up short.

Don't you believe it, MG.

I'm wearing a cap that says Chicago Bulls 1996, NBA Champions.

Who are they?

The cap was a present from one of my daughters.

Og.

MathGirl said:
MG

NY Giants MG? They're okay I suppose. But I'll stick to REAL sport and not men playing rugby wearing six inches of padding.

*grins*

And, to become in line with the thread....

MAN U SUCK!

But then again, my nearest teams are Leeds United and Sheffield. Ipe.

MathGirl said:
MG
Yep. They know about as much about the Giants as I know about Man You, or whatever that is. Go you reds.
MG

Irish sport

When I was in Ireland last year, we saw guys playing some sort of game that involved running, catching, and throwing a ball around on a field. They used long sticks with some sort of cup thing on the end. Hurling? Something like that? Anyone heard of it.
MG
Ps. It looked like a good way to lose some teeth or an eye.
Pps. No, hurling lunch was not involved.

Good grief!

Originally posted by Just-Legal NY Giants MG? They're okay I suppose. But I'll stick to REAL sport and not men playing rugby wearing six inches of padding.
No, no. Not those wimps.
MG

Re: Re: Re: A kindred spirit!

gauchecritic said:
Sorry. sorry everyone. But we must take most of the responsiblity for last season. That's twice now. And we'll try not to do it any more.

Gauche

It may not have been as spectacular as Newcastle's collapse back in '96 (iirc), but the outcome was the same.

MathGirl said:
MG

From your location i'd guess it's the San Francisco Giants. One of our five terrestrial channels (the fifth one) shows live baseball.

What about them? Are they despised as much as the team that inspired this thread?

' "The football Arsenal played last Autumn was scintillating. Even though Man U won the title their football did not match ours.' "

Ooooooo, really? I was almost Miss Seafair once! Ask my mum- I was way prettier than all those other girls!!!!

Last edited:
MlledeLaPlumeBleu said:
I was almost Miss Seafair once! Ask my mum- I was way prettier than all those other girls!!!!
Dear Mlle,
We're sure you were, dear. The contest was obviously rigged.
MG

Re: Irish sport

MathGirl said:
When I was in Ireland last year, we saw guys playing some sort of game that involved running, catching, and throwing a ball around on a field. They used long sticks with some sort of cup thing on the end. Hurling? Something like that? Anyone heard of it.
MG
Ps. It looked like a good way to lose some teeth or an eye.
Pps. No, hurling lunch was not involved.

Yep, the sports called hurling as far as I'm aware. A good example of it is on the Guiness advert with the guy with the REALLY nice eyes...

Helen! *smack* Tangets! We've talked about this...

fiery_jack said:
From your location i'd guess it's the San Francisco Giants. One of our five terrestrial channels (the fifth one) shows live baseball.

What about them? Are they despised as much as the team that inspired this thread?

Only Barry Bonds is despised.

Please, please, pitch to my dad.
Will someone shut those kids up?

Back