Has the "Beer vs. Man" conundrum made you reconsider your writings?

Well, I've encountered random men and random bears in the woods. However, I've never encountered a random beer. So I'd go with the beer just for the sake of novelty.

Well, I've encountered random men and random bears in the woods. However, I've never encountered a random beer. So I'd go with the beer just for the sake of novelty.
That's what trail angels are for. Or in Europe the random bars and cafes that you find in the most unlikely and remote places.* Tea houses with homemade soup and cake in Britain.

* From experience: having a few glasses of wine before tackling that steep slope in the blazing Mediterranean sun is not a good idea.

I once found two unopened Micky’s bigmouths beside the trail while hiking in the upper part of the Yosemite valley. That was pretty random. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Would you rather tell your feelings to a woman or to a beer

Would you rather tell your feelings to a random stranger woman you meet in the woods, or to a beer

Would you rather tell your feelings to a woman you already trust enough to live with, or to a beer

Anyway, I don't really write about beer, so, nothing to reconsider.

Last edited:
One fundamental issue with those who vehemently oppose men is that many of these men were poorly raised by women. Good mothers raise good men, and vice versa—a classic chicken-and-egg argument.
Interesting spin, because its a fact that many criminals who come from poor inner cities have one thing in common, they don't have a father, because the father left the mother high and dry, so if they're being raised solely by those awful womens, who's fault is that?

Another great example of mansplaining your way out of any responsibility as a male. Here's your victimhoof pin, try to not to poke yourself, I wouldn't want you to blame a woman for making the needle so sharp it gashed your paper-thin skin.

Interesting spin, because its a fact that many criminals who come from poor inner cities have one thing in common, they don't have a father, because the father left the mother high and dry, so if they're being raised solely by those awful womens, who's fault is that?

Another great example of mansplaining your way out of any responsibility as a male. Here's your victimhoof pin, try to not to poke yourself, I wouldn't want you to blame a woman for making the needle so sharp it gashed your paper-thin skin.

And this is why we can't have nice things.
Let's not race to either extreme, the data is pretty clear that kids do better when they have a father and mother in their lives.
Acknowledging the fact that kids raised by a single mom don't do as well as kids from an intact family isn't a criticism of women or men. It's just acknowledging the reality of the situation..
But then we couldn't throw around terms like "mansplaining".

And this is why we can't have nice things.
Let's not race to either extreme, the data is pretty clear that kids do better when they have a father and mother in their lives.
Acknowledging the fact that kids raised by a single mom don't do as well as kids from an intact family isn't a criticism of women or men. It's just acknowledging the reality of the situation..
But then we couldn't throw around terms like "mansplaining".
Falls under look at the source, he's a raging LW incel who tries to act educated and pious, not sure which is worse. He's not worth decorum. Just the hundredth banning of his lit career.

But to your point his attack was on mothers, my response was fathers are not innocent. Reality is, it depends on situation to situation, but when one person is convinced one gender in this world is evil, they don't deserve the courtesy of a reasonable debate.

Last note; like the term asshole, Mansplaining couldn't be used if it didn't fit. I'm male and I've had 'real men' try it on me, cause you know, the knuckles don't drag there's something wrong with you son.

Trust me, I know you don't like or agree with me, but I'm nowhere near as wrong as you think I am.

Last edited:
because the father left the mother high and dry
Yes, but why did he leave her? Why would he abandon his own children and run away? The clichéd literary excuse is that he was a cartoonishly awful person, while his heroic, deserted wife sacrificed everything for her children.

However, the unpleasant truth in most cases is that he married a bad version of his mother and had to run for his life. The children would end up dysfunctional and troubled, just like their mother, and in due time, they too will have dysfunctional children of their own.

And just to be perfectly clear: you don't marry an asshole unless you are one.

Last edited:
I've encountered men, probably thousands, and for the most part, nothing bad happened.

Black bears are active in my neck of the woods. They aren't aggressive, but I wouldn't want to tangle with one. Bears are opportunistic omnivores. They'll eat more or less anything, including humans, in the right circumstances. Worst thing is that they've been know to eat humans who were disabled, but not yet dead. But around here, they are more of a nuisance than a threat. They like to tear up trash cans. Black bears are accustomed to human contact, though. I'd be less comfortable around other species.

I've never met a beer in the wild. I've only seen them in captivity. I could handle one or two, but they tend to congregate in groups of six or more. Encountered en masse, they'd likely overwhelm me.

I've encountered men, probably thousands, and for the most part, nothing bad happened.

Black bears are active in my neck of the woods. They aren't aggressive, but I wouldn't want to tangle with one. Bears are opportunistic omnivores. They'll eat more or less anything, including humans, in the right circumstances. Worst thing is that they've been know to eat humans who were disabled, but not yet dead. But around here, they are more of a nuisance than a threat. They like to tear up trash cans. Black bears are accustomed to human contact, though. I'd be less comfortable around other species.

I've never met a beer in the wild. I've only seen them in captivity. I could handle one or two, but they tend to congregate in groups of six or more. Encountered en masse, they'd likely overwhelm me.

That's the problem with beers, they travel in packs.
I hear in Wisconsin some breeds will just swarm you under.

That's what trail angels are for. Or in Europe the random bars and cafes that you find in the most unlikely and remote places.* Tea houses with homemade soup and cake in Britain.

* From experience: having a few glasses of wine before tackling that steep slope in the blazing Mediterranean sun is not a good idea.
Yeah, you don't even need wine. Michael found that out.

Back