Memory Lane - reliving 2003

Thanks Liar and Jim :heart:

Now that things are calming down and I have more time...I am narrowing down the list I have compiled...phew!

'Tis hard to read all the poems without darn glasses...this week I get my new ones!

Here is the very beginning...

Anna, why did you have to write Doggy in 2004? *huge grin*
Installation by Anna

and Ange…your “now, safely” also had to be in 2004…*sighs*
Sunday Slipping By by Angeline

August by Champagne

purely, spiritually by 2rivers

:rose:

edit, and I messed the url's up already...doh!

More coming...

Unfortunately my two most favorite of Denis Hale’s poems were in 2004, but going to post them here anyways
Rendezvous With Pocket Rocket
Love Knows No Boundaries

These all are in no particular order

inchoate hands down by mojo_cat

another cheat thrown in for 2004, because I found nothing dated in 2003 and his poetry is amazing
Losing Faces by thenry

I am surprised no one has commented on RisiaSkye's
American Autobiography
Another strong voice and Poet, leaving toes tapping with her beat

Last edited:
Everyone here gives challenge to chose a favorite, for each poem touches or paints with seeming simplicity, naturalness and poignant beauty or harsh reality, not forgetting the ones which make us smile or grin.

Jim, another very difficult Poet to chose from for I love all your poems.
My first pick would be of course the one which touched me first and prompted me to start asking you questions ļ
Caveat Emptor
Spice Rack of course too would have to be in 2004
The Ghosts of North Beach

More again to come....many more :rose: :heart:

Tristesse said:
empty rooms by The Fool

Just a sample of this poets work. I love his ascerbic, simple style that reveals so much with so little. I'd toss more in if I could.

[/B]

Cool, thanks tess. Hey, I'm ascerbic! I always thought I was just foolish, but no, I can be ascerbic! One question, what's ascerbic???:D

I so love my job.

Just Bein' The Fool

The_Fool said:
One question, what's ascerbic???:D

I so love my job.

Just Bein' The Fool

um I think it has something to do with Vitamin C

I dont think I get enough Vitamin C

rickets
or is that calcuim
maybe
scurvy
yeah

scurvy dog

Thanks for the mention, even cheated ones ha of any of my junk--

I have only been around since December, so I am so glad for this thread I can go see all of the stuff I missed, good stuff

Anna Swirls:kiss:

echoes_s said:

another cheat thrown in for 2004, because I found nothing dated in 2003 and his poetry is amazing
Losing Faces by thenry

Ack. I'm shamed and secretly pleased that someone cheated to get me on a list after two months. To be remembered after eleven is truly an accomplishment.

The Fool, not The Fool…seduction by mind. Starting with Casual Dining
then on a more serious note Elaborate Decolletage
(I apologize The Fool, I do not know how to put the accent on the e from this keyboard)

ok, why arent these links working? They are checking out proper when I try to edit them...sighs

Last edited:
and through all that messing around and links not working I had to redo BooBoo’s
Flippy by BooMerengue

Last edited:
The_Fool said:
Cool, thanks tess. Hey, I'm ascerbic! I always thought I was just foolish, but no, I can be ascerbic! One question, what's ascerbic???:D

I so love my job.

Just Bein' The Fool

I must have made it up - I meant to say "slightly sour or bitter". (I really did think it exsisted).

*goes to sit in the corner with the pointy hat on.* :(

echoes_s said:
I will just post them separately then!

Steve Porter
ode to the poetic spirit

I read masturbation(part 2 v 5-8)
and went wow…now that is letting loose and writing. I wonder what the first part was and rest of the second?

hey echoes_s

regarding steve porter's masturbation poem, I remember when he posted it , he said that the parts not posted had some problem with the censor requirements, but he did send me part one, I just bet he'd send it to you if you ask him, its well worth the read :)

Maria2394 said:
echoes_s said:
I will just post them separately then!

Steve Porter
ode to the poetic spirit

I read masturbation(part 2 v 5-8)
and went wow…now that is letting loose and writing. I wonder what the first part was and rest of the second?

hey echoes_s

regarding steve porter's masturbation poem, I remember when he posted it , he said that the parts not posted had some problem with the censor requirements, but he did send me part one, I just bet he'd send it to you if you ask him, its well worth the read :)

psst...i just asked :D :devil: :rose:

Tristesse said:
I must have made it up - I meant to say "slightly sour or bitter". (I really did think it exsisted).

*goes to sit in the corner with the pointy hat on.* :(

*takes the pointy hat off Tess's head and replaces it with a very stylish spring hat*;) :)

It's acerbic. You just had an extra letter in there.

Last edited:
*Catbabe* said:
*takes the pointy hat of Tess's head and replaces it with a very stylish spring hat*;) :)

It's acerbic. You just had an extra letter in there.

Well, thank you, Cat. Shall I pick from one of these stylish models?

imagespring1.jpg

;) Yes, please do.

I think the one on the end is perfect for you. Although, the one with the hanging eggs makes a pretty stong statement too. :D

Tristesse said:
Well, thank you, Cat. Shall I pick from one of these stylish models?

imagespring1.jpg

My vote is for the one with the one with the Easter Eggs, cause it also has a pepper and you are so HOT!!!!

:D :devil: :kiss:

Fool

echoes_s said:
The Fool, not The Fool…seduction by mind. Starting with Casual Dining
then on a more serious note Elaborate Decolletage

Thanks for the mention. For the first one, the blame goes to Disposa Girl, who no longer has time to post here...:(

For the second, I have only myself to blame. Hey wait a minute, that was a same title challenge that I created after casually noticing Lauren's AV. I can blame Lauren for that one....:D

thanks again,

Fool

The_Fool said:
My vote is for the one with the one with the Easter Eggs, cause it also has a pepper and you are so HOT!!!!

:D :devil: :kiss:

Fool

and I thought that was a strawberry and pictured it dipped in chocolate, boston creme, a little whipped...body painting time!:kiss:

Spring...egads!!! :cool:

Thank you Echoes__s

for your kind comments about my poems... it means a lot, for I am a fan of yours too.

jim : )

bump

It's a shame some of these poems on this thread don't exist anymore...

Recently, I was pleasantly surprised to find that a certain ,more established poet left their older, somewhat embarrassing stuff.

It seems to be in vogue to delete poems to which a poet might think is total crap. Leaving such work is a learning tool and it's amazing to see the progress that the poet went through to get to the cleaned-up style.

- neo

Back