Memory Lane - reliving 2003

Re: bump

neonurotic said:
It's a shame some of these poems on this thread don't exist anymore...

Recently, I was pleasantly surprised to find that a certain ,more established poet left their older, somewhat embarrassing stuff.

It seems to be in vogue to delete poems to which a poet might think is total crap. Leaving such work is a learning tool and it's amazing to see the progress that the poet went through to get to the cleaned-up style.

- neo

Thank you for bumping this one back up.

I am going to go for it 2004!

After I watch several episodes of 24 the 2nd season.

I only take my stuff down if it gets published somewhere.

oh and I took the one about my husbands cum down because really it was a joke and I was kind of tired of that being the first thing people read when they are skimming my author page and volunteering to give me some of their own.

:p

I have many in my mind, but want to do the links too.

Great Idea Neo

I pulled about 35 of mine down because many of them needed work and then after they were polished up, they were/are being sent off to different places.

It was just easier on me and I thought, more respectful of Laurel to take them all down at once instead pulling one here and there every couple of weeks.

There is no urgency to pull them down until they are published but wow, so many editors take that pretty darn seriously I was worried in the craziness that is my life I would accidently screw up and have my name blacklisted because something was still on Lit. Sure many places don't consider Lit as "published" but it wasn't worth taking the chance to me. :)

I wasn't ashamed of any of my unpolished stuff, if I was, there would be three or four stories that wouldn't still be up on this site.

I don't miss having my work on here but I do miss some of the amazing comments many of you left on my stuff over the past year or so....I really appreciate the encouragement.

:rose:

I have more, these were just the ones that stuck out in my mind first off. There are some I remember but do not remember who wrote them or who wrote them and not the title....

This is not easy! And I must sleep.

more tomorrow

Maria2394© change, minus quarters

neonurotic ©Button-fly prison

WickedEve ©Machiavellian

twelveoone ©Wide Screen

2rivers ©simple solar

oxalis ©plundering the hostess

Liar ©x To Be An Envelope

smithpeter © we room

hippiedude

air2o ©x a good thing