My story showed up on YouTube with robot narration

No, it doesn't. Mine pop ads every once in a blue moon, and I'm not monetized. It's an ad-supported service.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2475463?hl=en

Ads may appear on your uploaded videos even if you haven’t monetized the videos yourself.

If your video contains content to which you don’t own all necessary rights, the rights holder may have chosen to place ads on it. YouTube may also place ads on videos in channels not in the YouTube Partner Program.

No, it doesn't. Mine pop ads every once in a blue moon, and I'm not monetized. It's an ad-supported service.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2475463?hl=en
They changed the pay-per-view model to pay-per-ad, so only business subscribers who provide their credit details can benefit. Unmonetized channels might occasionally show a random ad at the beginning of a clip, but refreshing the page will typically remove it.

In any case, the "they make money off my hard work" is overused. I don’t get why these knuckleheads are so obsessed with adultery and invest so much energy in spreading this content, but they need more pity than whip.

For that, they would need to pay for a business channel, which your pickpocket doesn't. Otherwise, the video you linked would start with an ad.
In the video description, the YouTube "creator" claims that this story is his, and the says that he makes money through through sponsored links.

I work hard, and I mean real hard, to put my material together. Yep, I do it for fun, and I'll be buggered to let someone make money off me on YouTube or claim it's theirs. Let's face it, they know what they are doing is stealing. They change the title, claim it's all from Reddit and very, very few make any reference to the original story or author.

One of my recent works, Ghosts on the Wall rocked up on this channel renamed, supposedly from Reddit, no mention of the real title or the author. Another writer sent me a message telling me it was there, following NonTalentHack's simple steps (after I created an Authorinkent google account) 24 hours where the story once sat, this has replaced it:
1724087414812.png
It was pretty straightforward, you do have to enter some personal data, but reading up on it it's there if things get serious and call in legal heavyweights. Do you think these sort of thieves are going to do that?

I did some digging last night and every story on the channel above has been lifted from Lit. Where I can, I have worked out who's the story is, if the author is fairly active still, I've dropped them a polite message pointing out there work is online as an AI ripped story, and and advised that steps are available to follow within Lit. if they want to tackle them. I see within this thread, some of you aren't bothered, that's for you, I don't judge you on, it's your choice. The story I had pulled took six weeks to plan, write, edit, tidy and publish - that's lots of hours of mine and the editor.

Question? Should we start threads against each YT channel that plagiarizes work? I'll do my best to try and weed stuff out to add those list, and I'm aware there are others keen to do so. If at least two of the authors I've contacted today take the same steps as I've done, Audio Story Podcast will go down with the three copyright strikes against it within the 90 days.

Question for the techies. If I copy the first few lines from these stories where I cannot ID what or who's it is, is there anyway we can run it against Lit's data to locate the source story?

Question? Should we start threads against each YT channel that plagiarizes work? I'll do my best to try and weed stuff out to add those list, and I'm aware there are others keen to do so. If at least two of the authors I've contacted today take the same steps as I've done, Audio Story Podcast will go down with the three copyright strikes against it within the 90 days.

I think it wouldn't hurt to have a stickied "Known offenders" thread in the AH.

Question for the techies. If I copy the first few lines from these stories where I cannot ID what or who's it is, is there anyway we can run it against Lit's data to locate the source story?
There are a few ways to approach this. Searching for the first sentence of the story in double quotes on Literotica works more often than you might think. Searching for (without double quotes) "CharacterName1 AND CharacterName2 AND SpecificStoryDetail1 AND SpecificStoryDetail2" can work pretty well; too. Think "Alice AND Bob AND Christmas AND boss" as an example. I know, once I get this script up and running, that's going to be the bit that slows me down the most, but I also don't know if there's any easy way to ping the Lit search engine programmatically without it having a fit and deciding I'm trying to DDOS it, so...

I've opened a conversation with the Authors Mod to see if we can have a suitable sticky.

So far I've found work that is owned by QHML1 (Blaster), Demander (Shock), arsawyer, (Dianne Forgot), LT56linebacker (The Hell You Will), Todd172 (recognize it, not sure of title), Just Plain Bob (Carlas Revenge), King Bangdor ( The Date) plus work by Saddletramp1956. Once (if!) they'll open a sticky, will put all the details in there I've gathered. All of these authors have had a polite message telling them where to find the YT works.

I've just used QHML1 Blaster as an example to search as described above with some "unique" words form the story as a test. Then took to a couple of stories on Audio Story Podcast channel and up pops Betrayal by Moleman 2787 by picking out three of the character names. So even the stories they provide no credit as to the original works, we can weed them out. polite note to another author sent.

Nobody reads the sticky threads :p

Keeping this thread active ( or the one with the instructions for taking these thieves down ) is probably the course that will inform more people.

Back