Newbie Question about BDSM Orgs

Quint said:
I've had this question for a long time, having never munched before: is the conversation more like what one would expect on the GB, or on the BDSM board? Is sexuality even the main topic, or just a large one, or not really talked about at all?

In other words, if I walk in and say "Hi, I'm ___, and I'm a submissive quasi-masochist," will people be snickering to themselves? Or would it just come up on its own in conversation later? I know this isn't a play party but since it IS based upon that which we have in common, BDSM, I'd assume at least some of it gets talked about.

Yeesh, I don't often feel young and insecure. Though I am. o)

*grin*

my first meeting wasn't a munch, but it was an AHS meeting, 7pm on a Saturday night. After we all mingled a little bit, we sat down at several tables ( it was held in a conference room at a Hotel ) and they passed the microphone around and asked our names ( first only ) and our 'label' as it is..

i remember i was so scared ( and those of you that know me, know i am NEVER afraid of talking *lol* )... the guy next to me did my intro for me..

Now, the first munch i went to was at a Diner type place, 50's style, and we all just met, sat down, went around the table, gave our first names then continued on with conversations.

Some munches do have demo's.. obviously not like flogging..etc.. but how to do's.. how to make etc...

i miss ALL of it

*sigh*

basque

Thanks to everyone who posted here (well, ALMOST everyone...;) ). As I expected, the meeting was very low-key--more an intro to the group and the BDSM scene in general, very non-threatening and more informative. It was just what I needed--meeting folks who are into the scene, rather than just reading about it---and understanding the socialization process.

I definitely plan on following-up by joining in a munch or some other gathering...and then moving on to a play event someday...?

Anyhow, I ended up not being very nervous--thanks in part to people who posted their own experiences.

Roman

Back