ok, why does everyone hate my poem?

Hey now!

Rybka said:
Good God! Are you a sub to that crazy Blue squirrel ? Or is your "Rowdy Ted" a lava lamp? :D :p :D :rose: :rose: :rose:

Regards,                       Rybka

I saw that!

--Xtaabay:D

Hey Kid!

Welcome back. We thought that maybe you had hurt yourself playing with that machete of yours. You should get your hands on a Rowdy Ted. Safer.

And look, the godfish has even blessed the thread with a lavalamp reference.

<Voice-over from lugubrious announcer>

L.A “And so dear readers the peaceful little kingdom of poets slowly returns to normal after the “violins” of yesterday. The citizens of this tiny realm return to their forges and resume turning plowshares into stanzas. Stay tuned.”

Director “Great! It’s a wrap. Lets get the fuck outta here. Whoda thought making poems could smell so bad.”

L.A. “Yeah. Did you get a whiff of that one over there. Rotting Fish.”

D. “Shit yes. My wife makes me take all my clothes off before I come in the house after a day here.”

L.A. “Lucky you....”

<Fade to black>

"godfish"??

darkmaas said:
Welcome back. We thought that maybe you had hurt yourself playing with that machete of yours. You should get your hands on a Rowdy Ted. Safer.

Hm.. "godfish" or goLdfish"???? I don't think we should call the fish a godfish. It might upset the Lavalamp goddess. And if the lavalamp goddess is upset we shall lose all our inspiration :(

I don't know what this Rowdy Ted reference is. I think it's the third time I've seen it. I'm just going to guess it's some sort of giant plastic penis:confused: I think I'll stick with real flesh and the occasionaly machete spanking :D Rowdy Ted just isn't my style.

Thanks for the concern, though. I kind of missed antagonizing our good friend, the fish :p

--Xtaabay

Re: Hey Kid!

darkmaas said:

<Voice-over from lugubrious announcer>
Director “Great! It’s a wrap. Lets get the fuck outta here. Whoda thought making poems could smell so bad.”

L.A. “Yeah. Did you get a whiff of that one over there. Rotting Fish.”
D. “Shit yes. My wife makes me take all my clothes off before I come in the house after a day here.”
<Fade to black>

Smells more like a dark mass of roadkill squirrel to me! :heart: :p :heart:

Regards,                       Deus ex Pisces

Re: Re: Hey Kid!

Rybka said:
Smells more like a dark mass of roadkill squirrel to me! :heart: :p :heart:

Regards,                       Deus ex Pisces

Eh, you're just jealous:p By the way, you better get yourself tested for ick. I think you've been spreading it around or something :p :rose: Also, as a general announcement, I would like to remind everyone that tomorrow is Friday fish fry day. Woo hoo!

--Xtaabay:p

Re: Re: Re: Hey Kid!

Xtaabay said:
Eh, you're just jealous:p By the way, you better get yourself tested for ick. I think you've been spreading it around or something :p :rose: Also, as a general announcement, I would like to remind everyone that tomorrow is Friday fish fry day. Woo hoo!
--Xtaabay:p

If I have ick, it is from reading your homages to lava lamps! :p
I am a fish fry. Thank you for honoring me. :rose: :heart: :rose:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Kid!

Rybka said:
If I have ick, it is from reading your homages to lava lamps! :p
I am a fish fry. Thank you for honoring me. :rose: :heart: :rose:

Alrighty! I'll be sure to toss a fish into the frying pan in your honor :D By the way... I think you had ick long before the lava lamp poems... seems to me that vomiting in one's beer is a sign of sickness :p :rose:

Xtaabay

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Kid!

Xtaabay said:
Alrighty! I'll be sure to toss a fish into the frying pan in your honor :D By the way... I think you had ick long before the lava lamp poems... seems to me that vomiting in one's beer is a sign of sickness :p :rose:
Xtaabay
We have our own pan? How nice!
Vomiting into a beer is a sign of lava lamps! :) :p :rose: :p :)

DH LAWRENCE

Paganangel, it was D.H. Lawrence you quoted "trust the tale and not the teller."

Last edited:
Re: DH LAWRENCE

MyOpinion said:
Paganangel, it was D.H. Lawrence you quoted "trust the tale and not the teller."

For those inclined to better language,

'dickhead' equates to 'Richard Cappit' :D
THANKYOU! i've been trying to remember that one since high school.

Well, PA,

I read your poem and love the imagery. As a muscian, using a Strad is an excellent way to portray the acts of a lover.

For me, I found that the sentences you started with "And" made the flow of the poem stagger a bit.

Otherwise, I loved it.

I am no poet, but that is my take on it.

:)

I don't check this thread out for a few days and I miss out on rowdy ted, lava lamps, and rudeness. And I live for those things! I even missed out on posts by Senna. Senna, you haven't said a harsh word to me in ages. (Pouting)
Pagan, keep working on your poetry and take every comment you receive and use it to your advantage. Eventually, your poetry will move from the levels of good and acceptable to a level that may amaze you... probably not Senna, though. ;)

Back