One Word

Should one word posts or just a smiley face count as a legitimate post ?

• YES they should how the hell am I going to keep my number of posts higher that the rest.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • NO people who do this all the time are morons

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • DON\'T KNOW don’t care what others do

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters
RELAX!

Just explaining biology, BlkOwned.

I'm not a member of the punctuation police, nor a comma, fucker.

Call Axetheswede for that service. :eek:

Guiness Book of Records

This factoid comes from my 1965 (!) edition of Guiness Book of Records:

The shortest correspondence in history occured when Victor Hugo wrote his editor asking about the sale of his new book 'Les Miserables'. He just wrote '?'. The editor, who did not believe in wasting words and ink either, answered '!'.

to quasimodem

no dear the PM didn't arrive, but the email did, thank you :)
your @mutantpower.com email doesn't work, but the
@mutantpower.net does work. :)

thanks for passing on your posted story page, i'll take a look later on (weather and power cuts permitting) :)

I agree with most everyone here. On many occassions one word responses are all that is needed. I spend time reviewing topics of interest and if there is a post that has peaked my interest, I respond, even if it is to say "thanks" for the information in the post.

Still having the "virgin" status and not really interested in whether or not I can post a picture with my name, I only respond to a post that has peaked my interest.

Trina T.:rose:

Update:

Well I guess I have reached the "experienced" stage. My apologies.

I figure I'll get experienced some time, if I keep at it. I must say, when I originally lost my virginity, it took less time. However, it was more painful. :)

SlickTony said:
Hot damn! I've actually been published and I'm STILL a virgin!

Well, only by the slim margin of one little post. Don't ever post again, or you will lose that virginity.

hello

1 A Greeting or expression.
2 Surprise on encountering; beginning a telephone conversation.

fuck

1 An act of copulation.
2 A person, esp. a woman, considered in sexual terms or as a sexual partner. Also = FUCKER (b).
3 The slightest amount (esp. in not care a fuck, not give a fuck). Also in other phrs. as a meaningless intensifier.

You

1 Used by the speaker or writer to refer to the person or persons he or she is addressing (and also, sometimes, to one or more persons he or she regards as associated, esp. as belonging to the same category or class), as the subject of predication or in attributive or predicative agreement with that subject. Also as int. in apposition to and preceding a n., freq. in expressions of reproach or contempt. OE. b Orig., yourselves. Later also, yourself. arch. OE.

2 Used to refer indefinitely to any possible hearer, reader, witness, interested party, etc.: one, anyone.

One word can mean so much :D

God. Talk about cheap one word posting. And, this is what I would call someone who really is impatient. Must be a type "A" personality. Just can't go through the normal phases like the rest of us did, so he takes over a complete thread to boost his numbers. This is 101 posts of no meaning at all. Oh, at least we now know he can count.

The thread is linked below. The first posts were legit, then the thread was recently hijacked, after that.

Not that this has really bothered anyone, or even hurt anyone or broke any rules. But it does seem to draw a picture of what this thread "One Word" is complaining about.

www.literotica.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69477&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

DVS said:
God. Talk about cheap one word posting. And, this is what I would call someone who really is impatient. Must be a type "A" personality. Just can't go through the normal phases like the rest of us did, so he takes over a complete thread to boost his numbers. This is 101 posts of no meaning at all. Oh, at least we now know he can count.

The thread is linked below. The first posts were legit, then the thread was recently hijacked, after that.

Not that this has really bothered anyone, or even hurt anyone or broke any rules. But it does seem to draw a picture of what this thread "One Word" is complaining about.

www.literotica.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69477&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

You see what I mean then

MsLinnet said:
You see what I mean then
Well, I thought that was a bit cheap of him to do that, but it really didn't hurt anyone. He took over an older thread and instead of making a prick of himself by doing it in the middle of other threads.

It may piss some off, but in this case he really didn't hurt anybody.
I don't see the need to be so high on the posting numbers, but maybe I don't see something.
I didn't like being a virgin, but I survived. I like it better that I have an AV, but I did survive without one, too.

He just seemed like a type 'A' personality, to me. Someone who can't wait for anything, and has to have it NOW.

As for one word posts, I don't see a problem with all of them. But, there are some that should think out their word(s) before posting.

There are some out there who have no need posting, period. Their spelling is terrible, and it isn't just typos I am talking about. Their choice of words can be 'unusual'. Some seem to need an editor for their posts.

Oh, well. Who am I to say anything. I have my own group of haters out there. I am sure they roll their eyes when they see me post.
I hope they like to hate, because I ain't stoppin'.

okay i'm feeling cantankerous right now.

i write.

if i choose to write one word or one million words then sobeit.

(and i still think the poll wording could have excluded that 'm' word.)

I know, I know

It's probably been said already, but I still feel like I need to express my opinion, too, because I'M AN IMPORTANT PERSON! (really...)

I think that people should be entitled to leave any kind of post they want, even if it isn't necessary! I laugh at the stupid people, and I glower at the people that irritate me, but who cares?

If someone wants to say "yeah" in response to a comment someone else made, then they should be able to. As for it being a "legitimate" post, how can anything NOT be a legitimate post?

Jacking up their numbers? Why do we care how many posts another person has? I don't look at Ray Dario's post # and say "wow, his penis must be really big..." or look at, say, slicktony's # and think to myself "probably not an important guy, and I'll bet no girls sleep with him."

When I see one of (insert Tiggs' new name here)'s little rolleyed responses to a stupid comment someone makes, it cracks me up. I enjoy it, and damnit, that's what life is all about.

Another rambling response brought to you by chicklet, who could do as much in one word, but if she MUST fluff it up in order to please people, she will...

Re: I know, I know

Chicklet said:
Jacking up their numbers? Why do we care how many posts another person has? I don't look at Ray Dario's post # and say "wow, his penis must be really big..." or look at, say, slicktony's # and think to myself "probably not an important guy, and I'll bet no girls sleep with him."

My God! I didn't know a person could tell so much from the number of posts.
<-------------
What do you see, when you look at my 'numbers'? And, if it is bad, just send it as PM, please. If it is good? Well, of course, post it loudly! LOL

Re: I know, I know

Chicklet said:

ROTFLMAO!!! And she's right, too.

say, slicktony's # and think to myself "probably not an important guy, and I'll bet no girls sleep with him."

Chicklet...

1) It's not important to me whether I'm important to you;
2) You're wrong about the second part, i.e., I'm not a guy;
3) You've got that right; my experience has been totally het.

Back