Pachyderm Poo Poo

Re: Wiener, wiener on the wall..........

MathGirl said:
Wien. Isn't that where they make that schnitzulle stuff? Weenies? Vienna sausages? Oops, wrong town. MG
Why did you say wrong town? Wien is where all that sweet and fat stuff comes from; plus the penis-envy myth.

Re: Wien

oggbashan said:
And the myth that the Danube is blue.
Yes, true; I thought it the color of hippo dung. Perhaps the original intent of 'blue' was related to melancholy.

Re: Re: Wien

perdita said:
Yes, true; I thought it the color of hippo dung. Perhaps the original intent of 'blue' was related to melancholy.

Soccer Blew!!
DG

Aroma

The Danube used to smell like hippo dung too.

Now - it is a lighter phew.

Og

calling Svenska

Where is the Swedish one? She needs to be posting. I hope she hasn't left for that animal rites cult.

Here I am! (Rock you like a hurricane...)
Seriously, I just took some time-out to watch Sex And The City - one has to feed the soul, you know!

Svenskaflicka said:
I just took some time-out to watch Sex And The City - one has to feed the soul, you know!
I agree, Flicka. And who is your favorite NY woman?

Miranda. She's tough!

Actually, I'd like to have Carrie's body, Charlotte's money, Miranda's wardrobe, and Samantha's guts!;)

question for Svenska the author

I have two stories submitted to Lit. and each has been reviewed 20x; one is pending and the other is 'ready to submit'. Is this the usual? How many editors does it take to pass?

Svenskaflicka said:
Miranda. She's tough! Actually, I'd like to have Carrie's body, Charlotte's money, Miranda's wardrobe, and Samantha's guts!;)
One needs money to live well in NYC but I'd like to have Samantha's body (goes better w/my age) and Carrie's shoes. Charlotte is my least favorite but she provides much humor.

Re: Aroma

oggbashan said:
The Danube used to smell like hippo dung too.

Dear Og,
When I was in Dublin, I noticed that the Liffey was somewhat sniffey.
MG

Ps. There goes the hippo dung thread

for MG

Can you answer my question above re. Lit. submittals?

perdita said:
One needs money to live well in NYC but I'd like to have Samantha's body (goes better w/my age) and Carrie's shoes. Charlotte is my least favorite but she provides much humor.

I hate Charlotte. She's the personification of everything that can possibly go wrong with a woman. That reminds me, "Bridezillas" start in half an hour.

Re: for MG

perdita said:
Can you answer my question above re. Lit. submittals?
Dear P,
Sure. Each time you look to see if it's been approved, it counts as a view. Ergo, it's not actually been reviewed twenty times.
Helpfully,
MG
Ps. Try counting sheep. The time goes faster.

MG

Thanks, I'll stop looking. But I keep seeing grammatical needs so I revise. I have a third (it's a series) and will wait a few days before submitting until I can read it with no need to edit. Of course as soon as I submit it I know I'll catch a typo. Thanks again.

Originally posted by MathGirl
Ps. Try counting sheep. The time goes faster
Or hippos. I think they go slower and they don't jump so much, but they sound like better value in other ways.

Gabriel_Lee said:
Or hippos. I think they go slower and they don't jump so much, but they sound like better value in other ways.

Dear GL,
No, I don't think so. I'll never think of hippos again without remembering my zoological experience. That is not conducive to drifting into sleep.
MG

Oh, shat!

ProofreadManx said:
Is the past tense of shit, "shat"?
Hi Manx. I recall a serious dialog in college between two English profs on this. No outcome. Shat seems correct but it's so poncy I think people avoid it and say, "The hippo took a dump" vs. "The hippo shat yesterday".

Please don't tell me you need to know because you're stuck in a paragraph of a new story.

your fan, Perdita

Re: Oh, shat!

perdita said:
Hi Manx. I recall a serious dialog in college between two English profs on this. No outcome. Shat seems correct but it's so poncy I think people avoid it and say, "The hippo took a dump" vs. "The hippo shat yesterday".

Please don't tell me you need to know because you're stuck in a paragraph of a new story.

your fan, Perdita
_____

Oh, hi, perdy. ;)

(Merriam Webster's did confirm "shat" as a permissble past tense form of shit. Whew. What a relief.)

"Stuck" in a paragraph of a new story? Well, no. I actually got "stuck" here, in this thread. And when I tried to remove my foot, obscene squishing sounds eminated from my galoshes.

(Anyway, it seemed ... errr ... ummm ... the appropriate forum to ask such a question.)

ProofreadManx said:
Is the past tense of shit, "shat"?

Dear PMM,
What on earth makes you think someone around here would know anything about that?
MG

MathGirl said:
Dear PMM,
What on earth makes you think someone around here would know anything about that?
MG
_____

Curiosity gets the best of me, at times. Besides, I'm anal that way.

Back